Falling asleep

Old July 8th 03, 02:35 PM
moi

Default Falling asleep

Does anyone else have cats whose head drops when they fall asleep?

I was thinking about things my cats do that make us laugh.

In the evening they like to sit with us when we watch TV. Now like most cats
they sleep a lot but remain alert. However there are times when they fall
hard and fast asleep, and I mean hard and fast. The first sign is their head
starting to drop - like when you nod off as a passenger in a car. To begin
with they raise their heads with a start, then progressively it gets lower
and lower. Regularly Yash (the male) ends up with the point of his nose on
the leather sofa and can't breath properly, it doesn't wake him - he just
snores. Boudica (the female) usually manages to aim for my lap or in the cup
of my hand. I can move her head around like she's a rag doll (to some
extent) and she doesn't even flinch, never mind wake up. I only know she is
still alive because then she starts twitching and chattering like she is
dreaming about catching birds - they have to dream because they are both
hopeless hunters! I mean how do you expect to catch a bird if you yell at it
first?!

Moi

Old July 8th 03, 02:50 PM
*~*SooZy*~*

"moi" wrote in message
[...]

yes Bebe can be asleep on your lap and you can lift her up and move her to
another chair, and she wont even stir, the kitten is like it too! I
thought it was just in their breeding both being from Ragdoll cats!

--
Luv 'n stuff
*~*SooZy*~*

Old July 8th 03, 02:55 PM
Cathy Friedmann

"moi" wrote in message
Does anyone else have cats whose head drops when they fall asleep?

I was thinking about things my cats do that make us laugh.

In the evening they like to sit with us when we watch TV. Now like most

cats
they sleep a lot but remain alert. However there are times when they fall
hard and fast asleep, and I mean hard and fast. The first sign is their

head
starting to drop - like when you nod off as a passenger in a car. To begin
with they raise their heads with a start, then progressively it gets lower
and lower.

Well, if we humans start to do this at an interminably boring meeting, we
get all embarrassed & try to find ways to force ourselves to stay awake
instead of literally nodding off. ;-) The cats, otoh, seem to have no real
qualms about it & just eventually go w/ the flow.

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon

Old July 8th 03, 03:19 PM
L. Kelly

"moi" wrote in message
| Does anyone else have cats whose head drops when they fall asleep?
|
| I was thinking about things my cats do that make us laugh.
|
| In the evening they like to sit with us when we watch TV. Now like most cats
| they sleep a lot but remain alert. However there are times when they fall
| hard and fast asleep, and I mean hard and fast. The first sign is their head
| starting to drop - like when you nod off as a passenger in a car. To begin
| with they raise their heads with a start, then progressively it gets lower
| and lower. Regularly Yash (the male) ends up with the point of his nose on
| the leather sofa and can't breath properly, it doesn't wake him - he just
| snores. Boudica (the female) usually manages to aim for my lap or in the cup
| of my hand. I can move her head around like she's a rag doll (to some
| extent) and she doesn't even flinch, never mind wake up. I only know she is
| still alive because then she starts twitching and chattering like she is
| dreaming about catching birds - they have to dream because they are both
| hopeless hunters! I mean how do you expect to catch a bird if you yell at it
| first?!
|
| Moi

Brat, my Siamese, does this, but in a funnier way. His head does not simply drop a bit,
spring back and eventually get lower.

He falls dead asleep with his head in a fully upright position, then his muscles just let
go and his head comes crashing down onto whatever surface he is sleeping on. The thump
and the smacked chin and nose don't even wake him up. The first time he did this, I
thought he had died. I had to wake him up to make sure...LOL
--
Hugs,
Lynn

*strip CLOTHES to reply*
Homepage:
http://members.shaw.ca/sewfinefashions/
See my boys: http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/papavince_29/

Old July 8th 03, 03:19 PM
L. Kelly

Old July 8th 03, 05:43 PM
moi

his head comes crashing down onto whatever surface he is sleeping on. The
thump
and the smacked chin and nose don't even wake him up

Yeh that's more like it - they do a bit of nodding first - like they are
fighting it, then it crashes all of a sudden. Mine are Siamese too! Non of
the other cats I know do this.

Moi

Old July 8th 03, 05:43 PM
moi