Do those kitty litter mats work?

Old November 16th 05, 07:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc,rec.pets.cats

Default Do those kitty litter mats work?

My cat has a way of storing kitty litter between his toes and tracking it
through the house.
I just saw a mat with lots of plastic points (think tiny bed of nails)
that is supposed to go outside the box and cause the litter to fall off.

Anyone have experience with them and do they work? Other ideas welcome!

Thanks,
Ted
Old November 16th 05, 07:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc,rec.pets.cats

I use them no problems gets about 75% off

Old November 17th 05, 05:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc

It is alleged that Ted Swirsky claimed:

My cat has a way of storing kitty litter between his toes and tracking it
through the house.
I just saw a mat with lots of plastic points (think tiny bed of nails)
that is supposed to go outside the box and cause the litter to fall off.

Anyone have experience with them and do they work? Other ideas welcome!

Yes, they work. You may have to experiment with a few different styles
to find one your cat won't just jump over.

--
Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

"No one knows but um... I'm afraid all the time, of what I might do if
I ever let go." (Mr. Garibaldi, B5 "Ceremonies Of Light And Dark")
Old November 17th 05, 07:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc,rec.pets.cats

newsp.s0cisz0erwebfy@oemcomputer...
:
: Anyone have experience with them and do they work?
Other ideas welcome!
:
: Thanks,
: Ted

They don't work very well. The cats hop over them
because the points hurt their toes, I think. Then the
litter goes even further. Also they are hard to clean.

Old November 17th 05, 08:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc

It is alleged that DL Farnworth claimed:

"Ted Swirsky" wrote in message
newsp.s0cisz0erwebfy@oemcomputer...
: My cat has a way of storing kitty litter between his
toes and tracking it
: through the house.
: I just saw a mat with lots of plastic points (think
tiny bed of nails)
: that is supposed to go outside the box and cause the
litter to fall off.
:
: Anyone have experience with them and do they work?
Other ideas welcome!
:
: Thanks,
: Ted

They don't work very well. The cats hop over them
because the points hurt their toes, I think. Then the
litter goes even further. Also they are hard to clean.

Depends on the pad. I have this one:
http://www.petco.com/Shop/Product.aspx?R=6057&sku=257524&redirectURL=%2fShop %2fProductList.aspx%3fPC%3dproductlist%26Nao%3d24% 26Nav%3d206%26N%3d23%2b107%2b30%2b5528%26cp%3d3&PC =productlist&Nao=24&Nav=206&N=23+107+30+5528&cp=3
that works well. Cleaning it is as easy as dumping it over the trash.

This one:
http://www.petco.com/Shop/Product.aspx?R=6300&sku=752274&redirectURL=%2fShop %2fProductList.aspx%3fPC%3dproductlist%26Nao%3d12% 26Nav%3d206%26N%3d23%2b107%2b30%2b5528%26cp%3d2&PC =productlist&Nao=12&Nav=206&N=23+107+30+5528&cp=2
I had to get rid of because, as you said, it apparently hurt my
Delany's paws so she simply jumped over it.

I would have gotten this one:
http://www.petco.com/Shop/Product.aspx?Nav=206&sku=968730&R=3481&enemerch=1& redirectURL=%252fShop%252fProductList.aspx%253fPC% 253dproductlist%2526Nav%253d206%2526N%253d23%252b1 07%252b30%252b5528
if they had it when I got the tray pad last Spring.

--
Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

"Sooner or later, everyone comes to Babylon 5." (Cmdr. Sinclair, B5
"The Gathering")

Old November 18th 05, 07:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc,rec.pets.cats

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 18:11:38 +0000, DL Farnworth wrote:

"Ted Swirsky" wrote in message
newsp.s0cisz0erwebfy@oemcomputer...
: My cat has a way of storing kitty litter between his
toes and tracking it
: through the house.
: I just saw a mat with lots of plastic points (think
tiny bed of nails)
: that is supposed to go outside the box and cause the
litter to fall off.
:
: Anyone have experience with them and do they work?
Other ideas welcome!
:
: Thanks,
: Ted

They don't work very well. The cats hop over them because the points hurt
their toes, I think. Then the litter goes even further. Also they are
hard to clean.

Go to K-Mart (or similar store) and get a small throw rug to place in
front of the pan. It will catch the litter on the paws. MLB
Old November 25th 05, 03:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc

Um, I like that idea. But neither Hyperbole nor the Princess of
Tasmania has any truck with gizmos that help them remove litter from
their paws.

I tend to wonder that if the litter (I use "Fresh Step") smells good
enough, they don't care if they track bits of litter through the house.

(Of course, the obvious scientific experiment, which I could submit to
"The Journal of Irrproducible Results", is not something I would care
to do.)