Full Moon

Old March 2nd 05, 04:39 AM
Julie Cook

Default Full Moon

Has anyone noticed there was a full moon recently? I thought so.
Fortunately it is no longer full so hopefully things will get back to
normal soon. I think we should start a new tradition, similar to the
Troll-B-Que but a Full Moon Storytelling. Whenever we notice things
becoming tense - especially when its coming from more than one
direction, and we look outside and notice a full moon, then someone
start a storytelling session. I'll start.

Life with Barnabus has certainly been interesting. I've read everyone's
stories of life with kittens and laughed out loud and thought, not me,
not again. Hobbes was a major hoolikitten. Then Barnabus chose to live
with us.

Barnabus' favorite play toys are the big boys. He had his second set of
shots yesterday and he now weighs 9.2 lbs. Hobbes weighs 25 lbs and Sam
weighs 17 lbs. Barnabus sneaks up on one or the other and jumps on top
of them, his legs straddling their backs and he begins chewing on their
ears. This results in a wrestling match that turns into a game of
chase. Last night I was lying in bed prior to sleeping. I had Selena at
my feet and Sam beside my pillow and at the moment I was petting Sam.
Barnabus jumped up onto the bed and decided to jump onto Selena. Ummm,
wrong move, bucko. Selena turned into a hissing, growling, spitting
enemy. Poor Barnabus tucked tail and ran to me and pressed himself as
close to my side as he could. Poor baby had jumped onto a rattlesnake
and he was scared. For a few minutes. I petted him and talked to him
and calmed him down which of course turned into him wrapping his arms
around my hand and bunny kicking my wrist so I pulled away and turned
around to pet Sam again. So now I have Barnabus behind and on the right
of me and Selena at my feet on the left. Suddenly I felt Barnabus, ever
soooo slooowwly move from my back to my hip. He paused a minute then
ever soooo sloooowwwly he moved from my hip to the back of my knees. He
paused a minute then ever sooooo slooowwwly he moved to my ankle. Then
he slapped Selena upside the head and took off running down the hallway.
ROFLOL! Somehow I don't think this is the end of this encounter.

Hugs to all and purrs to those in need.
Julie
Old March 2nd 05, 04:52 AM
Karen

in article , Julie Cook at
wrote on 3/1/05 10:39 PM:

[...]

Wow. Certainly has adapted to life inside!!

Old March 2nd 05, 05:59 AM
mlbriggs

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 23:39:41 -0500, Julie Cook wrote:

[...]

Did you have trouble falling asleep? MLB

Old March 2nd 05, 09:57 AM
melizabeth

"Julie Cook" wrote in message
[...]

LOL! That is really cute and sneaky!

Old March 2nd 05, 12:49 PM
HRFLTiger

Julie Cook wrote:
Barnabus' favorite play toys are the big boys. He had his second set

of
shots yesterday and he now weighs 9.2 lbs. Hobbes weighs 25 lbs and

Sam
weighs 17 lbs.///

Oh my, that's 3 chunky cats! what do you feed them!? My biggest cat is
12lbs, and Robbie is the smallest at 7.5lbs!

Helen m

Old March 2nd 05, 02:22 PM
CatNipped

"Julie Cook" wrote in message

of me and Selena at my feet on the left. Suddenly I felt Barnabus, ever
soooo slooowwly move from my back to my hip. He paused a minute then ever
soooo sloooowwwly he moved from my hip to the back of my knees. He paused
a minute then ever sooooo slooowwwly he moved to my ankle. Then he slapped
Selena upside the head and took off running down the hallway. ROFLOL!
Somehow I don't think this is the end of this encounter.

Hugs to all and purrs to those in need.
Julie

ROTFLMAO!!! Take that you rattlesnake cat you!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old March 2nd 05, 04:42 PM
Marina

Julie Cook wrote:

So now I have Barnabus behind and on the right
of me and Selena at my feet on the left. Suddenly I felt Barnabus, ever
soooo slooowwly move from my back to my hip. He paused a minute then
ever soooo sloooowwwly he moved from my hip to the back of my knees. He
paused a minute then ever sooooo slooowwwly he moved to my ankle. Then
he slapped Selena upside the head and took off running down the hallway.
ROFLOL! Somehow I don't think this is the end of this encounter.

ROFL! I noticed the full moon, since it shone right in my window in the
evening (it still gets dark fairly early here). The cats have been
singing to the full moon every night. Frank did it the first three or
four nights, last night was Nikki's turn. I hope that ended now and I
may sleep the whole night. /

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old March 3rd 05, 12:43 AM
Cheryl

On Tue 01 Mar 2005 11:39:41p, Julie Cook wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

[...]

I suppose we can't call Barnabus Barney for short? ;p He sure
fooled you with his "scared kitty" act! lol Seems he's going to be
a big boy!!

--
Cheryl