Ping Mark - Lost Cat FAW

Old July 2nd 10, 08:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dan M

Default Ping Mark - Lost Cat FAW

If anyone is going to do a FAQ about cats getting out, I really think a
mention of the Loc8tor is in order:
http://www.loc8tor.com/Store/compare.aspx

I will second everything he just said.

Before we moved we picked up a loc8tor system with tags for all the cats,
FartBlossom (aka Starr the dog), and Nancy's keys. Since we've had them
nobody has gotten out, but there have been a few incidents where cats
were being especially good at hiding, and the loc8tor allowed me to
quickly narrow down where the invisible kitty was.

Dan
Old July 2nd 10, 08:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine BA[_3_]

2.7.2010 21:25, David Stevenson kirjoitti:
CatNipped wrote
I know whenever a cat goes missing we have numbers of posts with good ideas
of finding the missing miscreant. What do you think about putting a page on
the FAQ that has all those suggestions and we can just point the frantic
slave there rather than trying to remember all the tips over and over again?

I have to admit I haven't been to every sub page on the site, but just like
Bereavement, and Health Issues, maybe we could put together a page for lost
cats? [Don't you love it when people "volunteer" you with their good ideas
;). I know you've been busy, but if we put together all the tips here with
a special subject (like the FTV) stories, I could put it all together in
HTML (sorry, I know *nothing* about blog programming).

You mean like the articles at

http://blakjak.org/cat_men2.htm#lost

??

Begging your pardon, David, but I find your site very difficult to
navigate. For example, I was not able to find those articles of lost
cats by going to the homepage, then the catpage, and then where???
I find stuff only when you have posted a direct link, not by trying to
find it by navigating on from the homepage. You know where everything
is, of course, because it's your site.

--
Christine in Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old July 5th 10, 12:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
David Stevenson

Christine BA wrote
[...]

It is true that when looking for an article you have to look under
General articles. To be honest, with a choice of

What is on my Catpage?
Webrings and Banners
General information and Pictures
UK Quarantine
Links to various other sites
General articles
Poems
Poems by Favourite Authors

It is not immediately obvious which other heading than General
information and Pictures or General articles could possibly be about
Lost Cats, but there you go, I am biassed.

--
David Stevenson Storypage: http://blakjak.org/sty_menu.htm
Liverpool, England, UK Emails welcome
Old July 5th 10, 12:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

David Stevenson wrote:

Christine BA wrote
[...]

Sounds like you need to install a search engine.

Joyce

--
Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful
stroke of luck. -- the Dalai Lama
Old July 5th 10, 10:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^,,^=

"David Stevenson"

You mean like the articles at

http://blakjak.org/cat_men2.htm#lost

That was the one that caught my eye...I had no problem with your page at
all. I like the first lost cat link from Finding your Lost Cat in Seattle.
which is the general area where I live
I like the rest of your site too
Meow
Kyla

??

Old July 5th 10, 10:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^,,^=

"Dan M"
If anyone is going to do a FAQ about cats getting out, I really think a
mention of the Loc8tor is in order:
http://www.loc8tor.com/Store/compare.aspx

I will second everything he just said.

Before we moved we picked up a loc8tor system with tags for all the cats,
FartBlossom (aka Starr the dog), and Nancy's keys. Since we've had them
nobody has gotten out, but there have been a few incidents where cats
were being especially good at hiding, and the loc8tor allowed me to
quickly narrow down where the invisible kitty was.

Dan

That IS a great idea..especially for Mosey, the little brat who tried to
escape again this morning when I went out to pay the woman who just mowed
our lawn.
I had to grab him by the scruff of his hairy gray neck..mrrrrrrrrrt
Kyla

Old July 5th 10, 10:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^,,^=

"MatSav"

"Mark Edwards"
No cluons were harmed when Kyla =^,,^= wrote:
I used to make typeweriter platens, in a long ago, former life...

LOL. I used to OWN a manual typewriter. I always loved the*ding* it made
when the carriage reached the end of the page.

Like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd9pjU8kOYw&NR=1

--
MatSav

That wastoo funny LOL..thamks
Kyla

Old July 6th 10, 01:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
David Stevenson

wrote
David Stevenson wrote:

Christine BA wrote
[...]

You mean like the search engine on my main page?

PING: Mark Yowie Cat anecdotes 1 October 20th 09 02:59 PM
ping mark Bridget[_5_] Cat anecdotes 5 December 2nd 08 04:43 PM
Ping Mark GaDragonfly Cat anecdotes 2 September 3rd 08 05:24 AM
PING Mark [email protected] Cat anecdotes 0 June 16th 08 02:32 AM
Ping Mark Victor Martinez Cat anecdotes 1 November 22nd 07 06:01 PM