Bonnie's first BCT and it's a classic

Old October 14th 12, 08:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default Bonnie's first BCT and it's a classic

Bonnie is well behaved indeed I've mentioned her ladylike demeanour before- she understands that Sunday is when I need my lie in and although she normally gets fed at 6.30 she is prepared to gracefully permit me to sleep until 7 when she wakes me up. Thankfully our flat is small enough that it is not a big deal I put food down then go back to bed knowing soon I shall be joined by Bonnie and Sarsi who like to snuggle up after they've eaten

So this morning I got up 7.10! Generous of her to give me an extra 10 minutes and anyway I need the loo so my first stop is the bathroom and I sit down and....

There are 3 bloody splashes on the bathroom floor and when I say "bloody" I am not swearing I am being factual-bright red arterial type splashes

I leap from the loo and as I do I notice there are also 3 bright red splashes on the bedroom carpet- I yell at Dave whose first reply is "Is it from you?" I check- nope and it wasn't there when we went to bed last night...it must be from a cat!

So I open a pouchie which leads to the pair of them hitting the kitchen at high speed although to their annoyance just as they are about to chow down Dave and me grab them and inspect them- fur is parted to check for cuts, they are rubbed down and all orifices are checked- yes 7.20 on a Sunday morning I am staring very carefully at Sarsi's rear end!

Nothing we put them down to resume their breakfast, which they do with enthusiasm- sorry the amount of blood I've seen looks enough to me that the little bleeder would show signs of shock not currently have head in the bowl hoovering up breakfast

We go back to bed unsure as to what to do- vet's emergency number by the phone..and after a few minutes Bonnie jumps on the bed and settles down on her most favourite pillow..my foot then Sarsi jumps on the bed, paces around for a minute or so demanding (and getting) skritchies then curls up between us purring loudly just like every Sunday morning

We all wake up a bit later and Dave says "It's not blood" on the grounds it's still bright red rather than drying out like a normal blood stain and turning brown

A moment later we realise it's the same colour as the living room carpet and on closer inspection there are some fibres mixed in and Dave remembers telling Bonnie off for chewing the living room carpet........
Old October 14th 12, 09:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Offending bit of carpet is now tacked down

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old October 15th 12, 02:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Sun, 14 Oct 2012 13:22:57 -0700 (PDT), Lesley
wrote:

Offending bit of carpet is now tacked down

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Significantly cheaper than a vet visit.

Bonnie's BCT Lesley Cat anecdotes 2 February 21st 12 08:20 PM
Bonnie's TED visit Cheryl Cat anecdotes 2 March 5th 09 10:09 PM
Bonnie's vet visit Cheryl Cat health & behaviour 3 September 8th 07 12:28 AM
Bonnie's anniversary Cheryl Cat health & behaviour 12 May 19th 05 12:17 AM
Bonnie's new Mouse Bev Cat anecdotes 5 December 6th 04 02:39 PM