Fake cat fun at work

Old October 16th 12, 03:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

Default Fake cat fun at work

I have a fake cat like the one Pam Shirk has. I finally took it to work
and put it on a notepad on my desk. I have had lots of people stop and
ask, "Is it real?" I had one lady afraid to pet it in case it was
taxidermy. I had to assure her that it had "never, at any time been
alive," before she would touch it.

I did have to take the batteries out because the motor running sounds
like a death rattle - I suppose I should open it up and see what needs
to be cleaned.

In the mean time, it's a lot of fun seeing peoples' "Is it real? It
looks so real!" reactions.

Here's where I got mine (I've got the grey Siamese one):
http://www.perfectpetzzz.com/Product.../Default.aspx/

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
Old October 16th 12, 03:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Mark Edwards wrote:

I have a fake cat like the one Pam Shirk has. I finally took it to work
and put it on a notepad on my desk. I have had lots of people stop and
ask, "Is it real?" I had one lady afraid to pet it in case it was
taxidermy. I had to assure her that it had "never, at any time been
alive," before she would touch it.

I did have to take the batteries out because the motor running sounds
like a death rattle - I suppose I should open it up and see what needs
to be cleaned.

In the mean time, it's a lot of fun seeing peoples' "Is it real? It
looks so real!" reactions.

Here's where I got mine (I've got the grey Siamese one):
http://www.perfectpetzzz.com/Product.../Default.aspx/

That looks like a fake cat I once saw "sleeping" in a real cat bed, on the
counter at my vet's office. It was breathing. Well, its chest area went up
and down. I wasn't sure whether it was real or not at first, but a close
examination of the face made it more obvious.

LOL at your co-worker who was afraid to touch it in case it used to be a
live cat. I admit that a stuffed cat is a pretty weird thing. There's
a store in my area that sells a lot of odd things, including live snakes
and live mice (for the snakes). And lots of taxidermy - mostly wild animals,
but there's a cat right next to the entrance and it was almost the first
thing I saw.

--
Joyce

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he
grows up, he'll never be able to merge his car onto a freeway.
Old October 16th 12, 10:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Oct 16, 3:08*am, Mark Edwards wrote:
I have a fake cat like the one Pam Shirk has. I finally took it to work
and put it on a notepad on my desk. I have had lots of people stop and
ask, "Is it real?" I had one lady afraid to pet it in case it was
taxidermy. I had to assure her that it had "never, at any time been
alive," before she would touch it.

I have one that sits on the shelf in my office complete with it's own
bed- virtually every new member of staff on first seeing it has asked
if it is a real kitten

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs