Ack! Little Boy ran outside

Old December 19th 13, 10:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Ack! Little Boy ran outside

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message
m...
No cluons were harmed when "Christina Websell"
wrote:
Is it very dangerous outside for him? What could happen? just want

to know
the dangers he faces where you live, to make me glad that Boyfie

doesn't.

Children with BB guns. And pterodactyls.

Pfff, he is fairly safe then.

Old December 19th 13, 10:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message
m...
Whee!

Little Boy ran out the door when I opened it to see who was knocking at
the door (it was upstairs). Usually, he runs out, then goes around to the
opposite door and lies down to wait on me, so I took my time to get food
for Chollie. I put crunchies out for Chollie, and saw Little Boy prancing
around the courtyard. Well, I was in shorts and a tshirt, so I went after
Little Boy, which resulted in one fulkl round of the building, in 40F
degree weather.

I got up and walked to the door, telling him that running out was bad
behavior the whole way back to the door.

I told him what a brat he is, and that I love him even when he's a brat...

Is it very dangerous outside for him? What could happen? just want to know
the dangers he faces where you live, to make me glad that Boyfie doesn't.
Is it traffic? Mountain lions, bears? Us Brits know y'all have alligators
and all that in the USA.

To be fair, alligators are limited to very few parts of the USA. But
there were two confirmed reports on a nearby island of two rabid
raccoons. That's not something you want your cat (or dog) to tussel
with, either.

Jill
Old December 20th 13, 03:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

jmcquown wrote:

Is it very dangerous outside for him? What could happen? just want to know
the dangers he faces where you live, to make me glad that Boyfie doesn't.
Is it traffic? Mountain lions, bears? Us Brits know y'all have alligators
and all that in the USA.

To be fair, alligators are limited to very few parts of the USA. But
there were two confirmed reports on a nearby island of two rabid
raccoons. That's not something you want your cat (or dog) to tussel
with, either.

Agreed - rabid or not! A raccoon killed my sister's cat several years ago,
and it most likely was perfectly healthy. Poor Peter, he was a sweetheart.

--
Joyce

Cats are rather delicate creatures and they are subject to a good many
ailments, but I never heard of one who suffered from insomnia.
-- Joseph Wood Krutch
Old December 20th 13, 04:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 12/19/2013 9:30 PM, Bastette wrote:
jmcquown wrote:

Is it very dangerous outside for him? What could happen? just want to know
the dangers he faces where you live, to make me glad that Boyfie doesn't.
Is it traffic? Mountain lions, bears? Us Brits know y'all have alligators
and all that in the USA.

To be fair, alligators are limited to very few parts of the USA. But
there were two confirmed reports on a nearby island of two rabid
raccoons. That's not something you want your cat (or dog) to tussel
with, either.

Agreed - rabid or not! A raccoon killed my sister's cat several years ago,
and it most likely was perfectly healthy. Poor Peter, he was a sweetheart.

Awww, I'm sorry about Peter.

Jill
Old December 20th 13, 09:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

I think it's possible for a cat to have an anti-rabies shot in the USA. We
don't need it here.

Old December 21st 13, 05:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

On Thu, 19 Dec 2013 20:09:04 +0000, Bastette wrote:

Takayuki wrote:

wrote:
Is it very dangerous outside for him? What could happen? just want
to know
the dangers he faces where you live, to make me glad that Boyfie
doesn't.

Children with BB guns. And pterodactyls.

That doesn't sound accurate! I thought you were in Texas, so kitties
should be cautious of children with shotguns, but not of
pterodactyls.

Things have changed. Pterodactyls used to live far south of the US, but
they've been slowly migrating north and have been seen in several
southern US states such as Texas and Florida. It's like killer bees.

You also have to watch out for the packs of velociraptors.

--
John F. Eldredge --
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.
Old December 21st 13, 06:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Of course. And hopefully rabies will never become an issue in the UK.
Everyone I know who has indoor/outdoor cats has them vaccinated against
rabies.

Jill

Old December 21st 13, 06:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote:
Is it very dangerous outside for him? What could happen? just want
to know
the dangers he faces where you live, to make me glad that Boyfie
doesn't.

Children with BB guns. And pterodactyls.

That doesn't sound accurate! I thought you were in Texas, so kitties
should be cautious of children with shotguns, but not of
pterodactyls.

Things have changed. Pterodactyls used to live far south of the US, but
they've been slowly migrating north and have been seen in several
southern US states such as Texas and Florida. It's like killer bees.

You also have to watch out for the packs of velociraptors.

What about the dilophosaurus? Cute little spitting dinosaurs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d921M-ACMM4

Jill

Old December 21st 13, 11:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

wrote:
Is it very dangerous outside for him? What could happen? just want
to know
the dangers he faces where you live, to make me glad that Boyfie
doesn't.

Children with BB guns. And pterodactyls.

That doesn't sound accurate! I thought you were in Texas, so kitties
should be cautious of children with shotguns, but not of
pterodactyls.

Things have changed. Pterodactyls used to live far south of the US, but
they've been slowly migrating north and have been seen in several
southern US states such as Texas and Florida. It's like killer bees.

You also have to watch out for the packs of velociraptors.

Damn that David Attenborough.

--
Joyce

Whenever you feel anger, you should say, "May I be free of this
anger!" This rarely works, but talking to yourself in public will
encourage others to leave you alone.
Old December 23rd 13, 08:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
I think it's possible for a cat to have an anti-rabies shot in the USA.
We
don't need it here.

Of course. And hopefully rabies will never become an issue in the UK.
Everyone I know who has indoor/outdoor cats has them vaccinated against
rabies.

When I was younger, every cat or dog that came into the UK had to stay in
quarantine for 6 months in case it had rabies.So we didn't get it here.
We don't have rabies here because of that