Jellicle Ball 2017: Rebecca opens the Ball

Old October 5th 17, 07:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance and/or Rebecca

Default Jellicle Ball 2017: Rebecca opens the Ball

[An elderly girlkitty walks to the podium. She's a little slower than she used to be, but she's determined to do her part to honor departed loved ones for what is almost certainly her last time. She looks around at the assembled kitties. When her glance falls on her beloved Hercule, they smile at each other.]

Gud eevnin, kitties an utherz, old frenz an noo. Welkum to da 2017 Jellicle Ball. Wunce agin, I iz onnered to be yurown Mistress of Serrymoniez at owr most impurrtant event. Pleez be shur to sine da gest book if yoo haznt alreddy dun so.

Dis yeer we iz in a wunnerful place, Antarctica. Sum of yurownselvez wuz skepi... sepikl... wuznt shur dis wuz a gud choice, but I hope yoo awl injoy an apurrsheate it. Not only are we RPCC kittiez discoverin a noo place, but we haz met sum noo frenz. We wuz happee to hewp reskyoo da kittiez hoo wuz stranded on da broked ice shelf, an to hewp owrown noo frenz reconneckt to da rest of da whirled.

An luk at da bootiful place dey haz let ussez use fur owrown serrymoniez! Dis bootiful ballroom, made frum ice an compakted snow, wif its kleer ice ceiling dat will let ussez see da Rainbow Bridge. Haz yoo noitissed dat da lite kummin throo da ceilin getz brokin up an makez rainbows efurrywhare? I espeshullee likez da way dat da tabulz seemz to grow rite owt of da flor. Iznt it amazin dat da flor iz not only warm enuf to walk on, but also not slipperee? Dey also tellz me dat hot fudz will not melt da tabulz! It muss awl be sum majick frum da time when owrown hostz wuz first connekted to da Second World comoonitee.

Dis yeer'z skejool of eventz iz much da same az uther yeerz. In a minnit, Daisy-chan will onner ussez wif da furst callin of namez. If dere iz namez dat needz to be added to da list, dey kan be added ennee time befur da final callin at da end of da ball.

After da furst callin, dere will be free-form time when yoo kan giv or lissen to tribyootz, eet, danse, an vizzit wif frenz. Feel free to giv ennee tribyootz yoo likez, evin fur luvved onez dat wuznt called: namez frum tribyootz will be added if necessary. Owr Antarctic hostz haz purrvided a feest dat inkloodz RPCC fafuritz as well az lokal delicaciez. Hercule Lenoir an hizown orkestra will purrvide mewzik fur dansin an lissenin between da tribyootz.

Arown midnite -- datz midnite kittee time, not hoomin time! -- we will look up at da sky, sing "Cat Anjil", an, if Bast seez fit, see da Rainbow Bridge an sum of owrown departid luvved onez.

[Rebecca pauses, looks up, and seems deep in thought. Whut iz it like up dere, she wonders. In the audience, tears well up in the eyes of a sleek Havana Brown kitty, a orange tabby mancat, and a gray and white tuxedo girlkitty. After a moment, Rebecca continues.]

After dat, dere will be more free time until da final kallin of namez, which will konklood da JB.

[Rebecca starts to say something more, but changes her mind.]

An now, when she iz reddy, Daisy-chan will do da firstest callin of dis yeer's namez.

[Rebecca returns to her cushion next to Hercule, Sundance, and Pit2nya.]
Old October 5th 17, 10:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

[...]

Daisy chan as she finalizes the last entries, looks about at the
amazing decour the Community Kittahs have created! There are lovely
flowering plants that are cold hardy and came from the green house.
She loves the 2 buffet tables with the live Sashimi tank between them!

Old October 5th 17, 10:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Default Reading of the names

[...]

[A small white cat with emerald eyes glances at the crowd and nods.
It is time. She is wearing an amber necklace with a small pendant of a
winged green garden snake. She climbs the dais and reaches the podium
as the moon slips above the horizon to shine softly.

Guests and others who have lost loved ones, fall silent. She sets her
list down and looks straight to the guests as she reads it in braille
with her paws. At the side, a dog repeats it in ASL-C/D. He is
well lit by the moon being directed from mirrors above down onto him so
ti can be seen.

Good evening, sirs and ma’am’s, and a special thank you to the
residents of this wonderful place, Magical in it's survival.

Welcome, all, to the twenty second annual Jellicle Ball!

Each October, at sundown of the evening of the first full moon, we
gather to pay tribute to our dear ones who have taken their final
journey in the year just past.

With hearts full of sorrow and abiding love, we treasure the memories
of the time they shared and the memories which are forever ours.

Much richer for having known and loved, much better for the lessons
learned, we smile despite our grief.

As always, the first name called represents those whose names we did
not know, those lost or tossed, taken through illness or abuse or
nature's fury.

We stand in silent thought, and send our hopes that they have found
peace and love at last.

[There is a short pause, then guests rise their glowsticks like candles
in memory. Light of the moon shines over all.]

We call their names, family members, dear friends, respected
strangers...our Jellicle Honorees:

Unknown Kitties, House of Bast
Pixel, House of Abbey Cats
unnamed babycats, House of Abbey Cats
Lundy, House of Austin Pets Alive
Dickie D, House of Ashley
Heidi, House of Ashley
Oken, House of Berkebile
Bitsy, House of Butler
C.S. Lewis (Loofus), House of Butler
Daht, House of Butler
Sweetness, House of Butler
Sophia, House of Chessie
Nikki, house of Christian
Queen Mischief the Gray, house of Chong
Licorice, House of Daniels
Quacker Dundee, House of David
Pippin, House of Dunn
Little Felix, House of Gilliat
Nutty, House of Gilliat
Red Rory, House of Gittel
Rudy, House of Gittel
Spunky, House of Glaser
Tarzana, House of Glaser
Darcy, House of Golumb
Spice, House of Hogarty
Emily, House of Kuska
Isabella, House of Lee
Tootsie, house of Linda
William Patrick, house of Mahoney
Beemer, House of Mirch
Annie, house of Pare
Garland, House of Rennie
Patros, House of Rennie
Shalimar, House of Rennie
Leo, House of Rose
Patrick, House of Scaldini, Betty
Laura, House of Scaldini-Klimm
Marius, House of Scaldini-Klimm
Zola, House of Shaffer
Zoe, House of Spalding
Ming, House of Stapley
Nona, House of Stapley
Bridgette, House of Stott
CeeCee, House of Stott
Frost, House of Stott
GB, House of Stott
Gigi, House of Stott
Kelsey, House of Stott
Rhiannon, House of Stott
Sissy, House of Stott
Spook, House of Stott
Tasha, House of Stott
Widu, House of Stott
Rachael, House of Vic
Belle, House of Vicki
Shadow, House of Vicki
Mosey, House of Waterman
PookyCat, house of Waterman
Hopscotch, House of Whitwell

[A moment of silence with weeping guests ensues then a paw raises a
glow stick over the podium]

The podium is now yours my friends. Please step forward with any
tributes you wish to give.

Old October 6th 17, 12:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

The podium is now yours my friends. Please step forward with any
tributes you wish to give.

Iowna comes forward with a much folded bit of braille paper.

For Belle, House of Vicki

Oh little Belle.

You have been in our lives
and in our hearts
for about nine years.

We found you after negotiations
Choosing carefully
A dog that would suit
the various personalities
and dog-love-levels in our family.

Your first visit was with
your foster-care parents
You explored. We wondered:
Is this our girl? Can we get used to the cherry eyes?

You moved into our home.
We adjusted. You adjusted.
The cherry eyes became a non-issue.
Except they did come to bother you.

A downtown appointment.
An exploration in letting you wander.
Poor timing of an open door.
A dash out along a busy street.
Cold cold weather. Running and searching.
Hoping you would be OK.
Finally discovering you tucked up behind a house.
Safe. But definitely crossed
a Very Busy Street. At least once.
Such relief at being reunited!!

Opportunistic snacking.
A bag of hamburger buns? What a full tummy.
Salmon lunch waiting on a low table. Oh so yummy!
Chocolate truffles at Christmas? Vet visit -- you were OK.
A pound of coffee beans found under the tree
Discovered spread one bean thick?
OK to sample, but not good enough to complete.

Heartworms? Handle it -- you tolerated the painful treatment.
Cherry eye removal to reduce irritation problems?
Loose dew claws? (Ouch when they caught in your collar!)
A champion during recovery from the surgery.

Many adventures.
Geopup. Car trips. Walks with Pappa.
Beagle Brigade (long slobbers of nerves).
Hanging with our Shadow boy.
(Remember the deep indentation of beagle imitating cat,
lounging on the back of the sofa?)

Then suddenly -- no sight. What has happened?
Quick diagnosis -- SARDS.
Sudden Acquired Retinal Degeneration Syndrome.
So much to learn and relearn.
Grieving by your humans.
Adjustment for you.
But we all settled into the pattern.
We made it work. Together. What a team.

Getting older. Ouchy legs. Funny bumps.
Lots of love. Careful care. Blessed vets.

And oh the memories!
Walks with lots of pee-mail.
Romps through the rooms of our home when you could still see.
Ears for tears and whispered secrets.
Cuddles and puddles.
Restless wandering and panting.
Deep deep sleep, with soothing snoring.

Your memory and confusion
Along with the increasing aches of old age
Have led us to need to bid farewell.

Enormous gratitude and affection.
Hearts breaking at losing you.
But knowing it is better than an ending
filled with more pain, worse confusion.

Angelcakes. Bella Luna. Baby Girl.

Belle, we love you. We adore you. We will miss you.
We are blessed to have had you as our companion these years.

April 25, 2017

Iowna's remaining eye can't cry but she obviously is inside. She
dismounts the podium to make room for others.

Old October 6th 17, 05:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
[email protected]

On Thursday, October 5, 2017 at 11:17:35 AM UTC-7, Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote:
[...]

"Rebecca!!! I got your pee-mail. I did not expect to see you here. I was devastated to hear your news. Is there anything I can do for you?? Get you something?!? That was such a nice introduction."

[Out of Rebecca's sight Misty calls down the Magic of the Night, and touches Rebecca's shoulder and whispers in her ear: "Bast grant this noble servant of yours a Magical Night and fill it with Wonderful Memories, call down Moonbeams and Starlight and let The Magic of the Night occur wherever she places her paws. Fill if with friends both old and new; with laughter among the tears. May her kind and generous spirit wash over all who are attending this Ball. As one of Bast's chosen, I ask this in Her Name". With that Misty removes her paw from Rebecca's shoulder].

"Rebecca!!! I got your pee-mail. I did not expect to see you here. I was devastated to hear your news. Is there anything I can do for you?? Get you something?!?..."

Misty the Black Panther, Mistress of the Night
Old October 6th 17, 06:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance and/or Rebecca

Fangu, Misty. I duznt need enneefing rite now. Myown brofur, sisfur-in-paw, an speshul frend haz been almost fallin ober demselfz makin shur I haz efurryfing I wantz. Pleez just injoy da ball.

Rebecca
Old October 8th 17, 10:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stacey

May I post this to another cat group who has members who have cats who have got
to the Bridge?

Stacey

In article , cshenk says...