OT "Hey guys, watch this!"

Old July 6th 08, 04:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

Default OT "Hey guys, watch this!"

I am a devotee of Tom and Ray Magliozzi, AKA Click and Clack, and The Car
Guys-- those public radio sages with thick Boston accents, who help callers
with all matters automotive-- along with plenty of bad jokes, puns, and
observations on the human condition, with a heavy dose of resigned
absurdity.

One of their recurring observations is that Nothing Good ever follows the
words, "Hey Guys, watch this!" (except perhaps the removal of a hopeless
idiot from the gene pool). And they back it up with evidence. Here is a
page full of rueful "Hey Guys, watch this!" stories, most of which are
clearly from people who should have known better.
http://www.cartalk.com/content/featu...s/letters.html

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old July 6th 08, 08:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Charleen Welton

Thank you Theresa. I looooove Click and Clack. Listened to them this
afternoon (Sunday on NPR). Everything about their show is funny, the sign
off being the most so, I laugh myself silly.
Charleen

m...

Old July 7th 08, 12:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

One of their recurring observations is that Nothing Good ever follows the
words, "Hey Guys, watch this!" (except perhaps the removal of a hopeless
idiot from the gene pool). And they back it up with evidence. Here is a
page full of rueful "Hey Guys, watch this!" stories, most of which are
clearly from people who should have known better.
http://www.cartalk.com/content/featu...s/letters.html

There could be a cat department for that. My Ishmael deciding to pick
a fight with ten feet of unrolled duct tape would be in it.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====
Old July 7th 08, 12:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:

There could be a cat department for that. My Ishmael deciding to pick
a fight with ten feet of unrolled duct tape would be in it.

Oh, dear!! Did this involve a trip to the vet?

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^
Old July 7th 08, 02:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Kreisleriana wrote:

I am a devotee of Tom and Ray Magliozzi, AKA Click and Clack, and The Car
Guys-- those public radio sages with thick Boston accents, who help callers
with all matters automotive

I love those guys. They're The Voice of Home.

I recently made a donation to one of the local NPR stations during a
pledge drive, and as a token of appreciation, they sent me a CD containing
an interview of the Magliozzi brothers by Terry Gross. I've listened to
about half of it so far. It's not as funny as I expected it to be. They
said they were on "good behavior, as befitting the caliber of Fresh Air".
Noooo!!! I wanted jokes and silliness!! What were they thinking? Terry
can laugh with the best of them.

Here is a page full of rueful "Hey Guys, watch this!" stories, most
of which are clearly from people who should have known better.
http://www.cartalk.com/content/featu...s/letters.html

Eek, the one of the guy putting the defibrillator paddles on his head!!
He is very lucky to be alive.

Not as many of these stories involved alcohol as I expected were going
to. I guess some people are just stupid, even when sober.

Old July 7th 08, 02:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

There could be a cat department for that. My Ishmael deciding to
pick a fight with ten feet of unrolled duct tape would be in it.

Oh, dear!! Did this involve a trip to the vet?

No, he just lost some fur and dignity, I got a neighbour to help hold
him while I snipped it away. He wasn't much more than a kitten at
the time and soon got over it.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====
Old July 7th 08, 01:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Jack Campin - bogus address" wrote in message
One of their recurring observations is that Nothing Good ever follows the
words, "Hey Guys, watch this!" (except perhaps the removal of a hopeless
idiot from the gene pool). And they back it up with evidence. Here is a
page full of rueful "Hey Guys, watch this!" stories, most of which are
clearly from people who should have known better.
http://www.cartalk.com/content/featu...s/letters.html

There could be a cat department for that. My Ishmael deciding to pick
a fight with ten feet of unrolled duct tape would be in it.

Oh No! ROFL!!

Poor Ishmael. You know, cats have a reputation among people who don't know
them, for being sly or shrewd. Well, most cats are pretty smart, but they
also have their "D'OH!" moments.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old July 7th 08, 01:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

wrote in message
Kreisleriana wrote:

[...]

I prefer to think they have dauntlessly inquiring minds. (snort)

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net