Wow! Where did everyone go?

Old June 22nd 18, 03:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bill Stock[_2_]

Default Wow! Where did everyone go?

It used to be so busy here. I guess all the cats have their own FaceBook pages now. I wouldn't know, I'm not on any of that Social Media crap. Yes I'm old.

Smokey still loves her baths BTW; she cries until she gets her baf. I'm lucky if I get away with two 'baths' a day. We have developed quite a ritual around this activity, she looks at the water in the bath bucket when I bring it and rubs her chops along the rim of the bucket. She loves getting her body, tail and face washed, but the toes and belly are off limits. This is somewhat odd, as she loves showing her belly for a rub. Although yesterday I was given the special privilege of washing the belly. You can still wash the Bum, but you have to ask first now. ;-)

Old June 22nd 18, 06:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
joy

On 6/21/2018 7:59 PM, Bill Stock wrote:
It used to be so busy here. I guess all the cats have their own FaceBook pages now. I wouldn't know, I'm not on any of that Social Media crap. Yes I'm old.

Smokey still loves her baths BTW; she cries until she gets her baf. I'm lucky if I get away with two 'baths' a day. We have developed quite a ritual around this activity, she looks at the water in the bath bucket when I bring it and rubs her chops along the rim of the bucket. She loves getting her body, tail and face washed, but the toes and belly are off limits. This is somewhat odd, as she loves showing her belly for a rub. Although yesterday I was given the special privilege of washing the belly. You can still wash the Bum, but you have to ask first now. ;-)

They do like to change things up, don't they? They get us used to a
routine, and then they change something. I'm glad she likes her bath.

Yes, I'm still here. I mostly don't do Facebook myself, so I fully
understand.
Old June 22nd 18, 05:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 6/22/2018 1:11 AM, joy wrote:
On 6/21/2018 7:59 PM, Bill Stock wrote:
It used to be so busy here. I guess all the cats have their own
FaceBook pages now. I wouldn't know, I'm not on any of that Social
Media crap. Yes I'm old.

Smokey still loves her baths BTW; she cries until she gets her baf.
I'm lucky if I get away with two 'baths' a day. We have developed
quite a ritual around this activity, she looks at the water in the
bath bucket when I bring it and rubs her chops along the rim of the
bucket. She loves getting her body, tail and face washed, but the toes
and belly are off limits. This is somewhat odd, as she loves showing
her belly for a rub. Although yesterday I was given the special
privilege of washing the belly. You can still wash the Bum, but you
have to ask first now. ;-)

They do like to change things up, don't they?Â* They get us used to a
routine, and then they change something.Â* I'm glad she likes her bath.

Yes, I'm still here.Â* I mostly don't do Facebook myself, so I fully
understand.

I'm still here, too. Tried Facebook and didn't like it.

It's nice to hear Smokey likes her baths. I don't know what Buffy would
do if I tried to bathe her but I can't imagine a good outcome. She
knows how to use her claws when she's not happy!

Jill
Old June 22nd 18, 10:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bill Stock[_2_]

On Friday, June 22, 2018 at 12:10:30 PM UTC-4, Jill McQuown wrote:
On 6/22/2018 1:11 AM, joy wrote:
[...]

Hi,

It's only a sponge bath, but I'm still surprised she is so enamored with it.. I guess she thinks the old, never to be used again tea towel is just a large tongue. ;-) She equates it with a good brushing.

I'm tempted to put her water in a shallow pan to see if she is crazy enough to step in the water, but I don't think so.
Old June 22nd 18, 11:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
joy

On 6/22/2018 1:11 AM, joy wrote:
[...]

That sounds like a good decision. I wish I could do that with my cats,
but they won't let me hold them, and I can only brush Pickles if she is
in my lap and doesn't realize I'm using a brush instead of my hand to
stroke her. I usually get in half a dozen brushes or so before she
realizes, and then she's gone.
Old July 20th 18, 04:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bill Stock[_2_]

On 6/22/2018 1:11 AM, joy wrote:
[...]

Smokey prefers her bath on a mat. :-) She thinks it's a brush upgrade. She used to bite the brush long ago, when we first started brushing her. She pretty much lives on the 2nd floor now, as the stairs bother her arthritis, so the brushings are few and far between now.
Old July 24th 18, 11:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Auric Hellman

On Thu, 21 Jun 2018 19:59:16 -0700 (PDT), Bill Stock
wrote:

It used to be so busy here. I guess all the cats have their own FaceBook pages now. I wouldn't know, I'm not on any of that Social Media crap. Yes I'm old.

Smokey still loves her baths BTW; she cries until she gets her baf. I'm lucky if I get away with two 'baths' a day. We have developed quite a ritual around this activity, she looks at the water in the bath bucket when I bring it and rubs her chops along the rim of the bucket. She loves getting her body, tail and face washed, but the toes and belly are off limits. This is somewhat odd, as she loves showing her belly for a rub. Although yesterday I was given the special privilege of washing the belly. You can still wash the Bum, but you have to ask first now. ;-)

I'm here, but rarely does anyone respond when I post. I'm not one who
enjoys conversing with myself.

Dr. Auric D. Hellman

Old July 24th 18, 11:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
joy

wrote:

It used to be so busy here. I guess all the cats have their own FaceBook pages now. I wouldn't know, I'm not on any of that Social Media crap. Yes I'm old.

Smokey still loves her baths BTW; she cries until she gets her baf. I'm lucky if I get away with two 'baths' a day. We have developed quite a ritual around this activity, she looks at the water in the bath bucket when I bring it and rubs her chops along the rim of the bucket. She loves getting her body, tail and face washed, but the toes and belly are off limits. This is somewhat odd, as she loves showing her belly for a rub. Although yesterday I was given the special privilege of washing the belly. You can still wash the Bum, but you have to ask first now. ;-)

I'm here, but rarely does anyone respond when I post. I'm not one who
enjoys conversing with myself.

Dr. Auric D. Hellman

There are a few of us left, but not very many.
Old July 25th 18, 12:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bill Stock[_2_]

Will Stock wrote:

It used to be so busy here. I guess all the cats have their own FaceBook pages now. I wouldn't know, I'm not on any of that Social Media crap. Yes I'm old.

Smokey still loves her baths BTW; she cries until she gets her baf. I'm lucky if I get away with two 'baths' a day. We have developed quite a ritual around this activity, she looks at the water in the bath bucket when I bring it and rubs her chops along the rim of the bucket. She loves getting her body, tail and face washed, but the toes and belly are off limits. This is somewhat odd, as she loves showing her belly for a rub. Although yesterday I was given the special privilege of washing the belly. You can still wash the Bum, but you have to ask first now. ;-)

I'm here, but rarely does anyone respond when I post. I'm not one who
enjoys conversing with myself.

Dr. Auric D. Hellman

Hi Auric,

I don't believe we've chatted before. This was quite a busy little group at one time, but I have not been around in a while.

I frequently talk to myself, but I'm the crazy cat guy. :-) Fortunately, I haven't started answering myself yet. Although my coworkers might dispute that. LOL.

Good to 'meet' you.
Old July 25th 18, 01:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Will Stock wrote:

[...]

I've never met or read a post by Dr. Hellman, either. I've been reading
and posting here for many years. Who are your cats?

Jill

Jill