My feisty old ladycat update (long)

Old July 4th 08, 01:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default My feisty old ladycat update (long)

Dang me if this cat won't be the death of me! My nerves have been in shreds
lately what with her having to be hospitalised a few weeks ago, recovering
slowly from that, going missing and me doing all the climbing over fences
searching, getting found and going downhill again with no appetite, return
to TED for injections with warning of days to live, pooing all over, return
to TED, have a slight difference of opinion, get poo meds that he is
confident I won't be able to give, spend all my spare time cooking things
she *might* want to eat and trying to get her to eat them and hide the meds
somehow.
I feel worn out and exhausted.
HOWEVER!! I think it's all been worth it. She stopped having diarrhoea
about 36-48 hours after I managed to get a bit of her crushed tab into her
somehow twice a day. TED prescribed a quarter tab but looked at me out of
the corner of his eye and said "well, maybe a bit less.." I doubt he has
seen such a small adult cat.
I've stopped giving her the tablets today because we have seen no poo at all
since it all settled down. I don't want the opposite problem.
She is eating as well as she did before. She's had two meals of catfood
today (although she did leave a bit of it and begged later for chicken,
which she got.) She feels so much heavier already when I pick her up and
less frail.

I read each and every post everyone sent and appreciated every one. Some
suggestions I could not do, we do not seem to get baby food here that is all
meat, for example. I got her some baby food last time, the best I could do
was "vegetables and turkey" which she raised her eyebrows at and said "you
are joking, aren't you?"

KFC is sitting on the arm of the chair next to me as I am typing this and
keeps headbutting my hand and rubbing her cheeks on the keyboard. She almost
never bothers me when I am on the computer.
Maybe she is trying to say" thank you to you all for my purrs and prayers."
She is purring up a storm herself. This is not a dying cat any more.
Now all I need to see is a nice firm poo in the litterbox and I will say
she's fooled us all again, (including TED) ;-)
Fortunately I will not need to be admitted to a psychiatric ward as I
already have a counsellor provided by my employer when a manager nearly
bullied me into oblivion. It was his bad luck he came on Wednesday and got
a whole month's worth of Kitty Farmcat;-) He is a very nice man and has a
cat himself.

Tweed

Old July 4th 08, 02:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

"Christina Websell" wrote in
:

[...]

This all sounds great!

A few random thoughts:

1. I know you love your vet so I don't need to defend him but I imagine
he is as worried for you as he is for KFC by some of his responses to
you. Sounds like a great vet to me.

2. Maybe you should continue giving kfc just a bit of the pills if you
can.

3. Have you tried a "gravy" style of cat food with some added water? Zak
always ate/drank that. Since I had opted to not do sub-q for Zak this
kept him hydrated pretty well. I figured as good or bad as the food was
the fluid was most important at the time.

Anyway keep up the good work and try to relax a bit between the "slave
tasks"

Andy
Old July 4th 08, 02:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kylatte =^. .^=`

So glad that KFC is doing better.
PURRS sent for her to keep getting better and
PURRS for your frazzled nerves.
Give her a scritch from us
Hug
Kyla and Clowder
"Christina Websell"

Old July 4th 08, 03:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Christina Websell wrote:
Fortunately I will not need to be admitted to a psychiatric ward as I
already have a counsellor provided by my employer when a manager nearly
bullied me into oblivion. It was his bad luck he came on Wednesday and got
a whole month's worth of Kitty Farmcat;-) He is a very nice man and has a
cat himself.

Sounds like KFC is doing fine again. How would you feel about giving her
raw meat, e.g. beef? More importantly, how would KFC feel about it?
Maybe that would stimulate her appetite, and you wouldn't have to cook
for her.

Old July 4th 08, 04:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Marina" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
Fortunately I will not need to be admitted to a psychiatric ward as I
already have a counsellor provided by my employer when a manager nearly
bullied me into oblivion. It was his bad luck he came on Wednesday and
got a whole month's worth of Kitty Farmcat;-) He is a very nice man
and has a cat himself.

Sounds like KFC is doing fine again. How would you feel about giving her
raw meat, e.g. beef? More importantly, how would KFC feel about it?
Maybe that would stimulate her appetite, and you wouldn't have to cook for
her.

I do give her raw beef mince, anything she wants to eat is fine because "we
are only eating roast chicken.."
Until I gave her the rehydration fluids to drink.
Blimey what a result!

Old July 4th 08, 05:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Christina Websell wrote:
"Marina" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
Fortunately I will not need to be admitted to a psychiatric ward as I
already have a counsellor provided by my employer when a manager nearly
bullied me into oblivion. It was his bad luck he came on Wednesday and
got a whole month's worth of Kitty Farmcat;-) He is a very nice man
and has a cat himself.

Sounds like KFC is doing fine again. How would you feel about giving her
raw meat, e.g. beef? More importantly, how would KFC feel about it?
Maybe that would stimulate her appetite, and you wouldn't have to cook for
her.

I do give her raw beef mince, anything she wants to eat is fine because "we
are only eating roast chicken.."
Until I gave her the rehydration fluids to drink.
Blimey what a result!

So glad that your rehydration worked.

Have you slept at all tonight? I saw a post from you timed 4.40 my time,
which would be 2.40 your time, and this post is timed 6.22 my time, 4.22
your time. I hope the worry has not kept you up all night? Do you have
to work today (Friday)? Please take care of yourself, too, Tweed!

Old July 4th 08, 05:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

Dang me if this cat won't be the death of me! My nerves have been in shreds
lately what with her having to be hospitalised a few weeks ago, recovering
slowly from that, going missing and me doing all the climbing over fences
searching, getting found and going downhill again with no appetite, return
to TED for injections with warning of days to live, pooing all over, return
to TED, have a slight difference of opinion, get poo meds that he is
confident I won't be able to give, spend all my spare time cooking things
she *might* want to eat and trying to get her to eat them and hide the meds
somehow.
I feel worn out and exhausted.
HOWEVER!! I think it's all been worth it.

I'm so glad to hear that she's doing better. And even put on a bit of
weight! She might be the death of you, but I'm starting to wonder if
*she* might be immortal.

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^
Old July 4th 08, 05:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M[_3_]

Christina Websell wrote:

KFC is sitting on the arm of the chair next to me as I am typing this and
keeps headbutting my hand and rubbing her cheeks on the keyboard. She almost
never bothers me when I am on the computer.
Maybe she is trying to say" thank you to you all for my purrs and prayers."
She is purring up a storm herself. This is not a dying cat any more.
Now all I need to see is a nice firm poo in the litterbox and I will say
she's fooled us all again, (including TED) ;-)
Fortunately I will not need to be admitted to a psychiatric ward as I
already have a counsellor provided by my employer when a manager nearly
bullied me into oblivion. It was his bad luck he came on Wednesday and got
a whole month's worth of Kitty Farmcat;-) He is a very nice man and has a
cat himself.

Well Christina, the purrs keep on coming for you and KFC. I'm glad
she's feeling better now and sorry about all the stress for you!

Susan M
Otis and Chester
Old July 4th 08, 06:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"outsider" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote in
:

[...]

I disagree. If the medicine was specifically for diarrhea, it should be
stopped as soon as the diarrhea has stopped.

Joy

Old July 4th 08, 07:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
[...]

I'm so glad she's doing better. I suspect your mental state is already
better, and it will continue to improve as she does. I know that having a
sick cat is extremely stressful.

Joy