Weird Scary Chester Experience - UPDATE

Old July 8th 08, 05:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M[_3_]

Default Weird Scary Chester Experience - UPDATE

Well, Chester stayed in the basement all day until about 6 PM.

He looks okay - seems relaxed on the main floor now but still won't go
upstairs. Seems to be walking OK and his pupils seem to responding OK
to the light. DD brushed him tonight and he was happy and purring.

I am absolutely mystified.

He was in such a panic last night that he took a wide turn to get down
the basement stairs and even flipped over the food bowls on their tray.

Nothing is missing from Jane's dresser and everything looked just fine
in my bathroom.

Whatever happened, he's still got the heebee jeebies at any rate and I
hope he gets his nerve up to come upstairs soon.

Thank you all for your concern!

Susan M
Otis and Chester
Old July 8th 08, 05:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M[_3_]

Susan M wrote:
Well, Chester stayed in the basement all day until about 6 PM.

He looks okay - seems relaxed on the main floor now but still won't go
upstairs. Seems to be walking OK and his pupils seem to responding OK
to the light. DD brushed him tonight and he was happy and purring.

I am absolutely mystified.

He was in such a panic last night that he took a wide turn to get down
the basement stairs and even flipped over the food bowls on their tray.

Nothing is missing from Jane's dresser and everything looked just fine
in my bathroom.

Whatever happened, he's still got the heebee jeebies at any rate and I
hope he gets his nerve up to come upstairs soon.

Thank you all for your concern!

.... and sorry for not responding to everyone who took the time to reply.
Just home from work now at the end of a very long day and the older
two won't go to bed until I talk to them...

Susan M
Otis and Chester
Old July 8th 08, 06:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Susan M wrote:

Well, Chester stayed in the basement all day until about 6 PM.

He looks okay - seems relaxed on the main floor now but still won't go
upstairs. Seems to be walking OK and his pupils seem to responding OK
to the light. DD brushed him tonight and he was happy and purring.

I am absolutely mystified.

It's curious.

He was in such a panic last night that he took a wide turn to get down
the basement stairs and even flipped over the food bowls on their tray.

Nothing is missing from Jane's dresser and everything looked just fine
in my bathroom.

Whatever happened, he's still got the heebee jeebies at any rate and I
hope he gets his nerve up to come upstairs soon.

Poor Chester. Something really spooked him good, but what on earth
could it have been? I hope you find out... or at least, that you find
out he's OK, regardless.

I remember when Smudge was a kitten, one time something spooked her.
Generally she was out and about, friendly and confident. But one afternoon,
I started to notice that I hadn't seen her in a long time. It was a
Saturday and I was at home. So I started looking for her, and finally
found her hunkered down under my bed. She would *not* come out, no matter
how sweetly I cajoled her. Finally I left her alone, figuring that she'd
come out of there when she was ready.

My only theory was that maybe she was looking out the window and saw a
squirrel up close. The branches came right up to the window, and whenever
I came face to face with one, it would let loose a barrage of profane
squawking. Maybe that happened to Smudge and it freaked her out.

At least she wasn't hurt, though! Chester's bloody claw, and the weird
thumping noise are really puzzling.

... and sorry for not responding to everyone who took the time to reply.
Just home from work now at the end of a very long day and the older
two won't go to bed until I talk to them...

One post thanking everyone works for me!

--
Joyce ^..^

Old July 8th 08, 07:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Susan M" wrote in message
Susan M wrote:
[...]

No need to respond to everybody - just as long as you keep us up to date.
;-)

Joy

Old July 8th 08, 12:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Susan M wrote:
He looks okay - seems relaxed on the main floor now but still won't go
upstairs. Seems to be walking OK and his pupils seem to responding OK
to the light. DD brushed him tonight and he was happy and purring.

I'm glad to hear he's better. Is he still limping?

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old July 8th 08, 01:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

Whatever happened, he's still got the heebee jeebies at any rate and I
hope he gets his nerve up to come upstairs soon.

Thank you all for your concern!

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Not sure about the noise and the bloody claw, but it might be somewhat
similar to one of Ranger's experiences.

One time the kitties were outside, and Ranger had decided to be a
bad-cat and he left the back yard. I was in the living room and caught a
glimpse of him walking past the front porch. I got up to bring him in,
but before I could get to the front door I heard a loud angry-cat squal
and saw Ranger running like a stream for the back fence. A minute later
he came streaking in through the kitchen into the fron room, yowling all
the way. He ducked under Nancy's desk and would let allow anyone to get
anywhere near him. It took half an hour before he came out of hiding. He
let me look him over very thoroughly so I was able to determine that he
hadn't been wounded at all, just scared. The only hurt was to his pride
- he had wet himself. Poor guy had gotten terrified.

A few months later we were all sitting quietly in the living room at
night. I had brought all the cats in, everybody was relaxing, and Ranger
was sitting in the front window overlooking the front porch. Without
warning he started screaming - it sounded like someone was standing on
his tail, but he was still in the window and not near anyone. When we
couldn't find anything wrong I stepped out the front door to see if I
could find anything that could have bothered him, and on the front porch
was a neighbor cat. I have to assume that this was the cat Ranger had
quarreled before. Just seeing that cat on his front porch was enough to
set Ranger off.

Maybe something like that happened to Chester - some animal scared him
as badly as Ranger had gotten scared. As someone else suggested, perhaps
he got the bloody claw caught in a screen while he was trying to drive
off an intruder.

Whatever it was, we're keeping our fingers crossed and continuing to
purr for Chester and for you.

Dan