Force of personality

Old November 2nd 09, 09:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default Force of personality

Last night, just before bed, I think i accidently made myself a cup of
caffeinated coffee rather than the usual decaf one, because I had trouble
getting to sleep, I woke up 'bright and shiney' at 3:30am, didn't get back
to sleep until 4:45 and I woke up 'for good' at 6:15am.

And I get bizarre and strange thoughts in the dead of night, while the house
is dark & quiet ( a rarity) and I can let my mind wander pleasantly without
interruption (another rare luxury).

Whilst I was pondering the ceiling, Pickle came to check on me. Pickle is an
*excellent* guard & nurse cat. If one of us is not well, he sticks by our
side, but if we're all generally OK, he generally likes to check on us, give
a small 'mi' greeting, and go about his inspection duties, inside and out.

Clealry the two-foot beign awake whilst the house was dark and quiet was
unsual in the Pickle brain, and needed more than just a quick 'check in', he
came up on the bed and even allowed himself to be petted aroudn hte cheeks
for a few minutes. Pickle isn't usually a pettins sort of cat, and will just
leave once he's had enough, but instead he remove dhimself far enough away
from my hand so that scritchings were not going to happen (unless I moved)
and watched over me for sometime, staring intently.

We had a bit of a mental conversation about whether I was actually OK or
not.

Once he was satisfied that I was indeed OK, just wired on caffeine, he left
to go and shed some more white fur on the clean laundry pile, as he usually
does before completing his nightly rounds (wouldn't be our clothes if htey
weren't smothered - and I mean smothered - in white cat fur)

My mind wandered a bit more back to cats, to Suki, and to Shmogg and to why
I always get the impression that Suki is none to bright, whereas I thought
Shmogg was a genius and Pickle not far behind.

Now this is going to sound all metaphysical and woo-woo, but its got
something to do with the 'force' of their personalities, or their presence,
or their aura or something like that. I could 'push' my will at Shmogg, and
he would push right back, sometimes even harder than me (hence the BCTs).
Pickle is not as strong, but there is something pushing back at me, there is
something going on in those eyes when they look at me, studying, thinking,
enquiring. But Suki lacks this presence, this 'aura' altogether. When I look
into her eyes, I get nothing back, no connection, no personality, no spirit,
no mischeif, no 'sparkle', nothing. I know she's a lovebug and lapfungus,
but its almost like she's a sophistically animated fur toy rather than an
intelligent life form. I cannot 'feel' her presence (or absence) in the
room, and it does't feel like I have companionship even if she's on my lap,
purring and drooling like a fiend (which she does more frequently than I
would voluntarily choose).

I know this a strange way of judging 'intelligence' in a cat, but last night
the reasons why I have never thought of Suki and having much of a brain is
that she doesn't 'project' at all, and thats the measure I have always used.

Told you I had strange and bizarre thoughts in the dead of night.

*Yawn*

Yowie
--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

Old November 2nd 09, 10:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Yowie wrote:
[...]

IMHO she probably is picking up your thoughts as cats are mind readers.
Try thinking positive thoughts about her (sincere ones) and see how
she acts over time.MLB
Old November 3rd 09, 01:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Enfilade

I know this a strange way of judging 'intelligence' in a cat, but last night
the reasons why I have never thought of Suki and having much of a brain is
that she doesn't 'project' at all, and thats the measure I have always used.

Suki may also be more *receptive*.

Try this--stop "looking" for the force of her projecting at you, and
start "looking" for the gentle tug of her seeking input from you.

It's like....imagine Pickle is a sun, giving off projections as
light....
....Suki may be a black hole, pulling them in.

Suki will therefore not provide you with a strong, comforting
presence....she is a receptacle seeking fulfillment, and hopefully you
can find some companionship and affection in *you* being the strong
one who fills that void for her.

--Fil

Old November 4th 09, 04:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Enfilade wrote:
Suki may also be more *receptive*.

Try this--stop "looking" for the force of her projecting at you, and
start "looking" for the gentle tug of her seeking input from you.

It's like....imagine Pickle is a sun, giving off projections as
light....
...Suki may be a black hole, pulling them in.

Suki will therefore not provide you with a strong, comforting
presence....she is a receptacle seeking fulfillment, and hopefully you
can find some companionship and affection in *you* being the strong
one who fills that void for her.

I also think that they're each different types of souls. Suki sounds
like a very content and happy cat.
Old November 4th 09, 06:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Takayuki" wrote in message
Enfilade wrote:
Suki may also be more *receptive*.

Try this--stop "looking" for the force of her projecting at you,
and
start "looking" for the gentle tug of her seeking input from you.

It's like....imagine Pickle is a sun, giving off projections as
light....
...Suki may be a black hole, pulling them in.

Suki will therefore not provide you with a strong, comforting
presence....she is a receptacle seeking fulfillment, and hopefully
you
can find some companionship and affection in *you* being the
strong
one who fills that void for her.

I also think that they're each different types of souls. Suki
sounds
like a very content and happy cat.\\

Out first poodle Willie was like that. Barely anybody home. She
could lose her supper dish. I really think she didn't get enough
oxygen at birth.

It was just as well we had her. She was absolutely show perfect.
Not a single flaw in her coat or conformation. But they do look for
the spark in the eyes and she just didn't have it. Only produced
one live pup over the years as well. The breeder had planned to
keep her for show and then for breeding since she was such a good
looking dog. Selling her to us was one of the smartest things she
ever did.

Jo