More arrivals

Old October 13th 19, 02:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
[email protected]

Default More arrivals

On Tuesday, October 8, 2019 at 10:33:49 AM UTC-7, Community Cats wrote:
[The teleporter twinkles again, and out steps a dapper Havana Brown
kitty wearing a tuxedo. He is followed by a couple dozen kitties
carrying musical instruments. The Havana Brown directs the musicians to
set up.]

Sammy: Hercule! Hercule Lenoir! I am so glad you could come! It has been
ages since I saw you.

Hercule: Indeed it has, and fank you fur the welcome. I figured it was
time to properly remember my dear Rebecca, so I wrote a musical
composition. If you have no objection, I would like to direct it's debut
performance this evening.

Sammy: We all miss Rebecca bunches an bunches, but I know that none of
us could miss her as much as you would. We will be honored to listen to
your music.

[Hercule nods and walks to the orchestra. He gets them warmed up and
playing popular numbers. Once he sees that the assembled kitties are
getting in to the music, he addresses the audience.]

Hercule: Good evening, my dear friends. For those of you I haven't yet
met, I am Hercule Lenoir. I was very much in love with a beautiful lady
cat named Rebecca, and was devastated when she crossed the Rainbow
Bridge. I have written an orchestral number in 3 movements in her honor,
and my orchestra will now play it for you. It is titled "Rebecca".

[The orchestra begins playing. In the first movement the high tones of
woodwinds and strings evoke thoughts of playful kittens, and cause many
of those present to smile. In the second movement these high tones are
followed by deeper notes, and clearly remind the guests of the wonders
of life as a mature kitty. It speaks of warm days, gently nighttime
breezes and walking with one's true love.

The third movement continues the theme of happy memories, morphing into
being senior cats with one's chosen companion. The stream of notes
drifts toward the higher registers again, with slow, plaintive passages.
This makes everyone in the audience think of the Rainbow Bridge, and the
loved ones who have gone on before. It doesn't take long for every eye
in the audience to be tearful. The music then clearly describes the soul
of a loved one ascending to the Bridge. The music gets softer and
softer, and is closed off with a lone tympany. ]

Hercule: Fang you , mine friends. Please join me in remembering our
loved ones who have crossed the Bridge.

[Misty arrives just in time to hear some cat on the stage say that Rebecca had crossed the Rainbow Bridge since last year at this time. Misty's tail droops in response. Rebecca was always such a warm and welcoming cat, and one of Misty's friends. Then Misty remembers WHY the Ball is held each year: To celebrate the lives that have passed over the Rainbow Bridge to the Heavy-side Layer and implore that they be given a NEW Jellicle Life!! Rebacca is one cat well deserving of a NEW Jellicle Life!! With that realization Misty's tail goes straight up once again as she heads towards the festivities.]
Old October 13th 19, 05:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
House of Stright & friends

Actually, Rebecca's name was called at the Jellicle Ball last year. It is her brother Sundance who will be called this year.

Anti Sandy
Old October 13th 19, 03:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

House of Stright & friends wrote:

Actually, Rebecca's name was called at the Jellicle Ball last year.
It is her brother Sundance who will be called this year.

Anti Sandy

Daisy-chan nods sadly. It was hard reading Rebbeca's name last year.
It will be very hard to read the list this year for her too. She longs
to join her friends but it is not yet her time though she thinks she
turns 23 next spring.

She looks to the Countess, her contempory, and smiles. She and a few
who hadn't dressed yet, scamper off to get ready, after going to the
guest book. Yes, Daisy-chan can still scamper though she doesn't jump
as high, she's been fortunate as she grew to VC status.

Daisy-chan notices that quietly, with no fanfair, many of the guests
have worked in a little bit of hot pink to their outfit. Her pendant
with the little green garden snake has been updated and the chain now
boasts small jewels in blocks of tan, white, black, and grey. The
colors of a beagle. She is dazzeling yet elegant. Only someone with
years of Aunti Mabel's assistance could pull off such a look.

Prince also don's his tux with a hot pink ascot and his cape. The cape
is black but the silk lining is hot pink. Neither mention who it was
probably made for but it fits him very well.

Prince escorts the Countess who's lovely silver affair softly shimmers.
He brings her to Hercule who escorts her to a comfortable cushion then
goes back to the band and softly, they play Rebbeca's song again.

Old October 13th 19, 08:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pit2nya[_3_]

On Saturday, October 12, 2019 at 9:26:52 PM UTC-7, House of Stright & friends wrote:
Actually, Rebecca's name was called at the Jellicle Ball last year. It is her brother Sundance who will be called this year.

Anti Sandy

P2ña walks over to hug {{Anti Sandy}}
These are sad times, when we loose Loved Ones.
They are irreplaceable.
Anti Sylvia joins them in the hug.