Chasing Paws

Old November 14th 04, 01:50 AM
badwilson

Default Chasing Paws

Ok, I know kittens chase their tails. Some cats even continue this
practice beyond kittenhood. But Vino is deprived because he doesn't
have a tail. But yesterday, at the ripe old age of 6 1/2, he figured
out an alternative.
We have this wooden railing behind the couch where Vino likes to
perch. He lies on it with his chest and lets his legs dangle off on
both sides. Like this: http://tinyurl.com/5az8t or this:
http://tinyurl.com/6pty9
So I was on the couch watching TV and Vino was doing his perching
thing behind my head, when all of a sudden I noticed all this
scrambling around. I looked over and there was Vino, chasing his own
paw through the slots in the railing! I laughed so hard but Vino
wasn't dissuaded. He was gonna get that paw at any cost!
Yeah, he's cute. Smart? I have my doubts...
--
Britta
Sandpaper kisses, a cuddle and a purr. I have an alarm clock that's

Old November 14th 04, 03:50 AM
Kreisleriana

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 08:50:32 +0700, "badwilson"
yodeled:

Ok, I know kittens chase their tails. Some cats even continue this
practice beyond kittenhood. But Vino is deprived because he doesn't
have a tail. But yesterday, at the ripe old age of 6 1/2, he figured
out an alternative.
We have this wooden railing behind the couch where Vino likes to
perch. He lies on it with his chest and lets his legs dangle off on
both sides. Like this: http://tinyurl.com/5az8t or this:
http://tinyurl.com/6pty9

I love that. Stinky likes to hang off things, too.

So I was on the couch watching TV and Vino was doing his perching
thing behind my head, when all of a sudden I noticed all this
scrambling around. I looked over and there was Vino, chasing his own
paw through the slots in the railing! I laughed so hard but Vino
wasn't dissuaded. He was gonna get that paw at any cost!
Yeah, he's cute. Smart? I have my doubts...

Yeah, but when you're *that* cute, it almost doesn't matter.

He might not be so dumb-- he might have just made up a little game for
himself.

Theresa

Old November 14th 04, 05:31 AM
Marina

badwilson wrote:

Ok, I know kittens chase their tails. Some cats even continue this
practice beyond kittenhood. But Vino is deprived because he doesn't
have a tail. But yesterday, at the ripe old age of 6 1/2, he figured
out an alternative.
We have this wooden railing behind the couch where Vino likes to
perch. He lies on it with his chest and lets his legs dangle off on
both sides. Like this: http://tinyurl.com/5az8t or this:
http://tinyurl.com/6pty9
So I was on the couch watching TV and Vino was doing his perching
thing behind my head, when all of a sudden I noticed all this
scrambling around. I looked over and there was Vino, chasing his own
paw through the slots in the railing! I laughed so hard but Vino
wasn't dissuaded. He was gonna get that paw at any cost!
Yeah, he's cute. Smart? I have my doubts...

ROFL!

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old November 14th 04, 05:40 AM
Karen Chuplis

in article , Marina at
wrote on 11/13/04 11:31 PM:

badwilson wrote:

[...]

LOL. Clearly he is showing you that you need to provide more stimulating
toys or else he is reduced to twiddling his thumbs....errr.. paws.

Old November 14th 04, 07:07 AM
mlbriggs

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 08:50:32 +0700, badwilson wrote:

[...]

He's smart enough to invent a new game!. Besides he is beautiful. MLB

Old November 14th 04, 11:27 AM
Lisa Katt

badwilson skrev i meddelandet ...
Ok, I know kittens chase their tails. Some cats even continue this
practice beyond kittenhood. But Vino is deprived because he doesn't
have a tail. But yesterday, at the ripe old age of 6 1/2, he figured
out an alternative.
We have this wooden railing behind the couch where Vino likes to
perch. He lies on it with his chest and lets his legs dangle off on
both sides. Like this: http://tinyurl.com/5az8t or this:
http://tinyurl.com/6pty9
So I was on the couch watching TV and Vino was doing his perching
thing behind my head, when all of a sudden I noticed all this
scrambling around. I looked over and there was Vino, chasing his own
paw through the slots in the railing! I laughed so hard but Vino
wasn't dissuaded. He was gonna get that paw at any cost!
Yeah, he's cute. Smart? I have my doubts...

LOL!!!
Isn't it wonderful how kitties always seem to be able to find new ways to
amuse themselves. And us.
Elisabet