Chester got skunked - Part II

Old June 7th 08, 05:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M[_3_]

Default Chester got skunked - Part II

Kreisleriana wrote:

One ******* cat trick from an angel cat once in every 12 years is okay
with me.

Susan M
Otis and Chester

What a sweetheart! I mean for not shredding you, not for getting skunked.
:P Purring that he stays relaxed and lets you do the treatment.

Thank you - he is truly a sweet and appealing cat. He has dignity, fun,
friendliness, a loving nature, and great poise ....

..... and only one episode of bad judgment in 12 years.

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old June 7th 08, 06:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Susan M wrote:
MaryL wrote:

consider shaving Otis. A lot of people use a lion cut in the
summer anyway. I have never done that, but it's a common procedure.

MaryL

I don't think Otis would appreciate that since it was *Chester* who
got skunked! LOL

Jill

LOL! I guess my brain also got skunked.

MaryL

Otis would *not* be amused. He's got such silky Siamese-type fur
that a lion cut would practically go unnoticed. Our Husky-dog
Chester would *really* look like a lion. We'll have to consider it.
He'd probably appreciate the lightened load since he's too hot most
of the summer.

Of course, we'd have to get summer first....raining and cold again
today.

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Want some heat? I'll gladly send some your way. It's going to be in the
90's again here today. Oh joy!

Jill

Old June 7th 08, 06:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"jmcquown" wrote in message

Want some heat? I'll gladly send some your way. It's going to be in the
90's again here today. Oh joy!

Jill

We're supposed to top 100 F again. You know it's bad when you're hotter
than Florida.

Pam S.

Old June 7th 08, 07:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

tanadashoes wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message

Want some heat? I'll gladly send some your way. It's going to be
in the 90's again here today. Oh joy!

Jill

We're supposed to top 100 F again. You know it's bad when you're
hotter than Florida.

Pam S.

No kidding! John can't seem to grasp that it's hotter than northwest AR in
SC. And he lived in Memphis so come on, dear, let's let's talk about
humidity. It's an island surrounded by marsh. You know that Spanish moss
is related to pineapple, right? Imagine how nice and hot it is where
pineapple grows. Now imagine where we're going to be

I hope Mom at least has it tolerable in the house for Persia with her thick
fur coat!

Jill

Old June 7th 08, 07:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Susan M" wrote in message
MaryL wrote:

I'm not sure if you will be able to *completely* get rid of the skunk
odor. That is really powerful stuff. You might want to consider
shaving Otis. A lot of people use a lion cut in the summer anyway.
I have never done that, but it's a common procedure.

MaryL

I don't think Otis would appreciate that since it was *Chester* who got
skunked! LOL

Jill

LOL! I guess my brain also got skunked.

MaryL

Otis would *not* be amused. He's got such silky Siamese-type fur that a
lion cut would practically go unnoticed. Our Husky-dog Chester would
*really* look like a lion. We'll have to consider it. He'd probably
appreciate the lightened load since he's too hot most of the summer.

Of course, we'd have to get summer first....raining and cold again today.

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Might be raining and cold there, but I've got to give you credit. You guys
are sending the weather south as fast as if physically possible. We have
really strong north winds again today. Have had for a couple of month, just
some days like today worse than others. Its ripping the leaves off the
trees.

Half the time the jet stream, instead of going west to east has been heading
straight down the west coast from Canada.

Jo

Old June 7th 08, 07:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

tanadashoes wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
Want some heat? I'll gladly send some your way. It's going to be in the
90's again here today. Oh joy!

Jill

We're supposed to top 100 F again. You know it's bad when you're hotter
than Florida.

Pam S.

OF course it's been flirting with triple digits here in Phoenix for
several weeks, now! (But I admit, it doesn't FEEL nearly so
uncomfortable with humidity well below 10%.) However, you have to watch
out for dehydration, and wear a hat when you go out in the sun. (Gives
me a great opportunity to wear my "Impeach Both" baseball cap!)

Old June 7th 08, 07:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Susan M" wrote in message
Kreisleriana wrote:

One ******* cat trick from an angel cat once in every 12 years is okay
with me.

Susan M
Otis and Chester

What a sweetheart! I mean for not shredding you, not for getting
skunked. :P Purring that he stays relaxed and lets you do the treatment.

Thank you - he is truly a sweet and appealing cat. He has dignity, fun,
friendliness, a loving nature, and great poise ....

.... and only one episode of bad judgment in 12 years.

Susan M
Otis and Chester

He's Stinky''s soul-brother, like Boyfie.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old June 7th 08, 07:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Susan M wrote:
Of course, we'd have to get summer first....raining and cold again today.

Send some of that cold air our way, we'll trade you!!!

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old June 8th 08, 01:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

wrote in message
Kreisleriana wrote:

"Susan M" wrote in message

Thank you - he is truly a sweet and appealing cat. He has dignity,
fun,
friendliness, a loving nature, and great poise ....

.... and only one episode of bad judgment in 12 years.

He's Stinky''s soul-brother, like Boyfie.

I feel a new cat association being formed, here. As with the Feline
World Order, consisting of KFC and Nocturne, and Bandit running things
from Beyond, we need a Nice Guys cat society. (Which includes nice
girl-kitties, too, of course.)

So who's going to join this one? Who are the laid-back, good-tempered
kitties on this newsgroup?

Well, I was thinking Stinky is more than just a "nice," "laid-back" cat, but
I may be prejudiced, and just besotted with my sweet old boy. But people
who know him agree-- a friend of ours says he "glows with amiability." He's
always been my sunshiny, angel boy. A little Buddha cat who radiates good
Karma. I know this is really nuts, but I think of Stinky as a little Dalai
Lama. A little piano-playing Dalai Lama,

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

I'm not sure whether to include Roxy. She's very sweet to humans, but
she can be a nasty little thing to the other cats sometimes. (Actually,
I can't say she's always so sweet to humans, either. I took her to
the vet for vaccinations this morning, and she made me bleed as I was
getting her into the carrier - rather profusely for a cat scratch!)

(Roxy just jumped up and started cuddling. I think she knows what I'm
posting about and is sucking up.)

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^

Old June 8th 08, 02:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Kreisleriana wrote:

wrote in message

So who's going to join this one? Who are the laid-back, good-tempered
kitties on this newsgroup?

Well, I was thinking Stinky is more than just a "nice," "laid-back" cat, but
I may be prejudiced, and just besotted with my sweet old boy. But people
who know him agree-- a friend of ours says he "glows with amiability." He's
always been my sunshiny, angel boy. A little Buddha cat who radiates good
Karma. I know this is really nuts, but I think of Stinky as a little Dalai
Lama. A little piano-playing Dalai Lama,

That's kind of what I meant. I was just using shorthand. I didn't mean
to describe your Zen kitty as some sort of genial stoner type. ("Yeah man,
it's all good." )

I used to think of Roxy as a Zen kitty. She does have a phenomenal amount
of patience, she rarely complains, and she's very friendly to my guests,
and often performs for them by being exceedingly cute. But lately she's
been showing a nasty streak. Example: Smudge is happily meatloafing on the
back of the couch, and suddenly Roxy decides that's *her* spot, so what
does she do? She walks right up to Smudge and whacks her on the head.
Smudge hisses and leaves, which is the desired effect. So maybe I need
to stop thinking of Roxy as a beaming beacon of beneficence. (Sorry, I
suddenly started channeling Spiro Agnew.)

OK, so who *are* the beaming beacons of beneficence on here? Cats, I
mean cats!

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^

Chester got skunked Susan M[_3_] Cat anecdotes 20 June 11th 08 12:41 AM
Owh Chester! Lucy[_2_] Cat community 37 March 13th 08 05:28 AM
Chester!! Lucy Cat community 24 February 18th 08 11:36 PM
Part Lion.. Part Tiger IBen Getiner Cat health & behaviour 7 June 11th 05 03:35 AM
Josi, part Siamese, part Stegosaurus? Rainy-Day-Laughter Cat anecdotes 10 February 1st 04 04:29 PM