NOT safe!

Old September 21st 12, 06:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

Default NOT safe!

It was said:
I'm not trying to be nasty, but how many times
in the last 20 years have you
*needed* [ a gun] to defend your home?

As is frequently stated in the stock market, past performance is no
guarantee of future results. That is to say, just because it hasn't
happened so far, doesn't mean it won't ever happen.

Better to have and not need protection than to need and not have it.

--
Proof of sanity forged upon request
Old September 23rd 12, 11:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message
. com...
It was said:
I'm not trying to be nasty, but how many times
in the last 20 years have you
*needed* [ a gun] to defend your home?

As is frequently stated in the stock market, past performance is no
guarantee of future results. That is to say, just because it hasn't
happened so far, doesn't mean it won't ever happen.

Better to have and not need protection than to need and not have it.

Well, as I said before, if you all didn't have a gun, you wouldn't need one.
Unless to protect yourselves from bears and cougars and if that isn;t the
case you don't need a gun at all.
I don't see any reason for having guns in an urban situation. It should be
as
illlegal in the USA as it is here..

Old September 24th 12, 12:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

It was said:
I'm not trying to be nasty, but how many times
in the last 20 years have you
*needed* [ a gun] to defend your home?

As is frequently stated in the stock market, past performance is no
guarantee of future results. That is to say, just because it hasn't
happened so far, doesn't mean it won't ever happen.

Better to have and not need protection than to need and not have it.

Well, as I said before, if you all didn't have a gun, you wouldn't need
one. Unless to protect yourselves from bears and cougars and if that isn;t
the case you don't need a gun at all.
I don't see any reason for having guns in an urban situation. It should
be as
illlegal in the USA as it is here..

I'm not a gun advocate, and I don't own a gun either. However, criminals
don't care whether something is illegal or not. A very large percentage of
the guns owned by criminals were obtained illegally.

Joy

Old September 24th 12, 01:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Joy wrote:

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

I don't see any reason for having guns in an urban situation. It should
be as illlegal in the USA as it is here..

I'm not a gun advocate, and I don't own a gun either. However, criminals
don't care whether something is illegal or not. A very large percentage of
the guns owned by criminals were obtained illegally.

I wonder if that's the case in the UK? The sheer number of weapons that
are obtained illegally in the US is just staggering. I doubt that American
criminals are better connected to international illegal weapons trade than
British ones are. It could be massive incompetence on the part of our
various law enforcement agencies and security enforcers - FBI, airport
security, Coast Guard, etc - whoever monitors shipments or tries to disrupt
organized crime or other organizations that sell weapons illegally. I'm
leaning more toward corruption, though. In the 80s, massive amounts of
crack were allowed to flood the black communities of large cities. A lot
of people weren't doing their jobs, whether deliberately or through sheer
stupidity, I don't know (but I tend to believe the former). So why not
weapons?

--
Joyce

A clean house is a sign of a broken computer.
Old September 25th 12, 03:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
William Hamblen[_2_]

It was said:
I'm not trying to be nasty, but how many times
in the last 20 years have you
*needed* [ a gun] to defend your home?

As is frequently stated in the stock market, past performance is no
guarantee of future results. That is to say, just because it hasn't
happened so far, doesn't mean it won't ever happen.

Better to have and not need protection than to need and not have it.

Well, as I said before, if you all didn't have a gun, you wouldn't need one.
Unless to protect yourselves from bears and cougars and if that isn;t the
case you don't need a gun at all.
I don't see any reason for having guns in an urban situation. It should be
as
illlegal in the USA as it is here..

A friend had to shoot a deer that had been struck by a car last Friday night.
I suppose that never happens where you are.

Bud

Old September 25th 12, 07:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

It was said:
I'm not trying to be nasty, but how many times
in the last 20 years have you
*needed* [ a gun] to defend your home?
As is frequently stated in the stock market, past performance is no
guarantee of future results. That is to say, just because it hasn't
happened so far, doesn't mean it won't ever happen.

Better to have and not need protection than to need and not have it.

Well, as I said before, if you all didn't have a gun, you wouldn't need one.
Unless to protect yourselves from bears and cougars and if that isn;t the
case you don't need a gun at all.
I don't see any reason for having guns in an urban situation. It should be
as
illlegal in the USA as it is here..

A friend had to shoot a deer that had been struck by a car last Friday night.
I suppose that never happens where you are.

Bud

Don't you have a Highway Patrol to handle such things, where you live?
Given the potential damage to a car when it strikes a large animal,
where was the car? (Usually it would not have been drivable, so the
Highway Patrol would already have been involved.)
Old September 25th 12, 07:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

m...

On 2012-09-23, Christina Websell
It was said:
[...]

The Highway Patrol isn't always on the scene when an accident happens. In
fact, they usually aren't on the scene until some time later. Their main
concern is people, so I imagine an injured deer would have low priority.
They might have arrived eventually and taken care of it. In the meantime,
the deer would be suffering.

Joy

Old September 25th 12, 11:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Joy" wrote in message
. ..
m...

On 2012-09-23, Christina Websell
It was said:
[...]

Oh, for goodness sake, let everyone have a gun just in case they need one if
they run over a deer.!!
We have deer here, (not where I am) and they occasionally get hit by a car.
It's not an excuse for us to have guns as a matter of course.
If most people were denied guns in an urban situation in the USA, you
wouldn't need one yourself.
Yes, of course criminals can always get them, drug dealers and such.
I am so squeaky clean that I could probably get a shotgun legally if I
wanted to, but I don't. I don't feel the need to shoot anything and kill
it, unless it is a fox after my chickens.
Tweed

Old September 26th 12, 03:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
William Hamblen[_2_]

It was said:
[...]

You have a touching faith in the ability of the sheriff to reach the scene
instantly. In the time being something had to be done. My friend's wife
comforted the girl who had hit the deer while my friend dealt with the
injured animal. They were in contact with the sheriff's office and the
officer knew that my friend was going to euthanize the deer. The deer was
injured beyond any possibility of recovery. It was inhumane to let it
lie suffering.

Bud