Boyfie is eating something crunchy right now

Old October 9th 12, 08:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Boyfie is eating something crunchy right now

It's a mousie. He hasn't been been out for hours, does this mean I had a
mouse in the house? Yes.
Gone. Crunched and eaten. Try again mouses ;-)

Old October 9th 12, 09:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , Christina Websell
wrote:
It's a mousie. He hasn't been been out for hours, does this mean I had
a mouse in the house? Yes. Gone. Crunched and eaten. Try again mouses
;-)

Good for Boyfie.

It's good that he hunts them down.

Judith

He's good at the small ratties in the garden unless they get a bit bigger
and show him their teeth and then he thinks it's it might be time to get the
terriers in.
If we get the big boy rats they even give the terriers a run for their
money. Hanging on to their face. The terriers don't seem to mind any sort
of pain when they are hunting.

If I get the terriers here, I have to be certain that Boyfie is inside the
house, otherwise he would be killed.

--
Judith Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.

Old October 10th 12, 08:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Christina Websell wrote:

He's good at the small ratties in the garden unless they get a bit bigger
and show him their teeth and then he thinks it's it might be time to get the
terriers in.

But the bright side is, the sight of a big rat keeps him nice and clean.

--
Joyce

When you finish, you have a complete (you hope) set of characters. So you call
it a "character set". And because you're in a funny mood, instead of calling
the numeric identifiers "numeric identifiers", you call them "code points".

-- Steve Ferg, "Unicode Beginners Introduction for Dummies Made Simple"
Old October 10th 12, 12:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_5_]

On 2012-10-09 4:34 PM, Christina Websell wrote:
It's a mousie. He hasn't been been out for hours, does this mean I had a
mouse in the house? Yes.
Gone. Crunched and eaten. Try again mouses ;-)

There's nothing like a cat for mouse patrol. At work, we have those
disgusting sticky traps.

When I first moved into my current house many years ago now, the
previous tenant warned me about the mice. He had little trays of poison
all over the place, and still had problems. I got rid of all the poison,
and moved in with two cats. I have very rarely seen any evidence of
mice. I caught one rather traumatized one they had cornered, and found
half of one on the floor and maybe another, recently deceased. No
droppings, nothing else, in all these years. The cats (now two different
ones) still have a good appetite for their food, so I don't think
they're eating that many of the mice; I think they're scaring a lot of
them off. I've got nearly perfect mouse control without the poison or
sticky traps.

--
Cheryl
Old October 10th 12, 04:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Oct 10, 12:05*pm, Cheryl wrote:
moved in with two cats. I have very rarely seen any evidence of
mice.

The people downstairs from us have mice but we've only once seen a
mouse up here and Isis (RB) kissed it (she watched too many wildlife
shows- the only cat I've ever known who understand the concept of a
"commercial break")

The pest control people say with 2 healthy cats in the house we'll
never have a mouse problem- I refer to them as the "ORCS" Organic
Rodent Control Systems

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old October 10th 12, 09:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

He's good at the small ratties in the garden unless they get a bit
bigger
and show him their teeth and then he thinks it's it might be time to get
the
terriers in.

But the bright side is, the sight of a big rat keeps him nice and clean.

g yes, he does wash himself when he sees one. Like "I was so busy
washing my fur I didn't even see that massive rat." Of course he does.
I don't want him to take the big ones on, that's a job for the terriers and
some of the big boy rats can be a challenge once they are caught as they
bite the terriers quite badly - however the terriers that come here are bred
to kill, and they hardly seem to feel any pain. After a huge rat was dug out
from under tree roots here, it hung on to the terrier's nose until it met
it's maker 1 second later.
I insisted on dabbing antiseptic on the dog's nose which was bleeding badly
and they let me do it for politeness.

Old October 10th 12, 09:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Cheryl" wrote in message
On 2012-10-09 4:34 PM, Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

Sticky traps should be illegal but a local pound store near me still has
them.
So you get your mouse or rat stuck to a board, alive, then what to do with
them?

Old October 10th 12, 09:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_5_]

"Cheryl" wrote in message
On 2012-10-09 4:34 PM, Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

We call either housekeeping or someone from one of the nearby labs
disposes of them. They are't always still alive, but some of them are.
They used to provide the snap traps, which are messy but quick. I tried
a humane one before I had cats, but could never lure a mouse into it.

--
Cheryl
Old October 10th 12, 11:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Tue, 9 Oct 2012 20:04:59 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
It's a mousie. He hasn't been been out for hours, does this mean I had a
mouse in the house? Yes.
Gone. Crunched and eaten. Try again mouses ;-)

I thought you were going to say that he had kibble! I didn't know that mice
were crunchy.

Boyfriend is so resourceful. See, you should keep him in more - if he's out
too much, all the mousies will head inside for safety instead of he other
way around.
Old October 11th 12, 01:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
William Hamblen[_2_]

"Cheryl" wrote in message
On 2012-10-09 4:34 PM, Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

Drop the trap, with mouse attached, into a bucket of water?

Bud