Feeling Good...

Old June 30th 03, 05:49 PM
Dee

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, blcker wrote:

"Dee" wrote in message
Is anyone here familiar with what way in which inflammatory bowel

disease
might affect the liver? Any suggestions for liver support? Thanks.

"blcker" wrote in message

Dee, are you familiar with the yahoo feline IBD group?

Thanks blcker,

I went there a couple of weeks ago and sent in an "application" to join,
but never heard anything back from anyone.

Dee

Old June 30th 03, 06:03 PM
Cathy Friedmann

"David S." wrote in message
"Cheryl" wrote in message

Shadow's regular vet told me the first time I brought him there after
the feeding tube experience and the dx of IBD and then FeLV that he
would have suggested putting him to sleep. Here we are a year later.

Oh, yes. Taffy was supposed to die at or near the end of January. Here

it
is, late June. Vets and doctors don't have a crystal ball. The only One
with the crystal ball isn't talking.

David

Speaking of Taffy - & drying her after her baths: I got a Foster & Smith
catalog today, & there's a rayon drying towel in there that you might be
interested in. Each is 20" x 27½", set of 2 for $7.99. They're online,
too - it's at
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...=1&pCatId=1920 - 3rd
row down on the page.

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon

Old July 1st 03, 12:48 AM
Cheryl

"blcker" wrote in message

Dee, are you familiar with the yahoo feline IBD group?

Thanks blcker,

I went there a couple of weeks ago and sent in an "application" to
join, but never heard anything back from anyone.

Dee

Try again, Dee. I subscribe to it and there is a wealth of
information there, not to mention some good people who answer any and
all questions you have to the best of their ability. All people going
through the same thing with their cats that we are.

--
Cheryl

Old July 1st 03, 04:49 AM
Not so quick

Yeah for hOp.

"Dee" wrote in message
All in all, things are going pretty well around here! I'm working on my
donations pick-ups for alley cat rescue at work, have managed to work in a
little raw chicken liver into all the cat's (well...maybe not Misty's!)
canned foods, and, amagingly enough, h0p is doing much better!

I thought I saw some improvement in h0p last Tuesday and Wednesday nights.
but realized that I might just be seeing what I wanted to see. Thursday
when I got home from work, I opened the front door, out came his little
head (I thought it was Misty he looks so much better!) and up the stairs
we went! I settled down at about 9:00 with my chicken sandwich dinner,
and say a gray missle come flying towards the arm of the couch. Agai, I
thought it was Misty, but sure enough , there was h0p with a big ole "MROW
gimme a piece of that chicken!" Same thing last night! He's stopped
hiding in small, dark spaces, and has taken to either laying in his old
bed in the sun by the window, or a soft rug lined basked by the front
door. We've been going on little outdoors outings, and he's still getting
lots of the holistic carrot juice cocktail!

I'm not deluding myself into thinking he's cured of anything, but I'm
pretty pleased.

Anyone have any advice on support for the liver other than denosyl?
Thanks

Dee

Old July 1st 03, 06:04 AM
David S.

"Dee" wrote in message

Glad to hear about Taffy David! h0p was just so very sick for weeks on
end that I was starting to think that maybe I was doing the wrong thing.

Thanks for the kind words. Does h0p have good days and bad days? Taffy
definitely has good days (sometimes in a row) and bad days (sometimes in a
row). I can see her mood in her face and body language (or lack thereof).
The most distressing thing about the whole sickness is watching her waste
away. She is only four pounds now. I really don't understand her behavior.
She still eats. She still makes it to the litter box (which I have to clean
every day or phewwwwwwie). She can still jump up on my lap, sit, purr, and
sleep. Prednisone can explain some of it but certainly not all of it.

On some days, I wonder whether I'm suffering more than she is. I know the
obvious answer to that, but sometimes it just doesn't feel that way. (And
I'm a little ashamed to admit to that.) Do you experience any of this with
h0p?

David

Old July 1st 03, 06:09 AM
David S.

"Cathy Friedmann" wrote in message

Speaking of Taffy - & drying her after her baths: I got a Foster & Smith
catalog today, & there's a rayon drying towel in there that you might be
interested in. Each is 20" x 27½", set of 2 for $7.99. They're online,
too - it's at
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...=1&pCatId=1920 -

3rd
row down on the page.

Bless you! (And I'll bet you didn't even sneeze.) Thanks so much.

David