Ping-pong balls

Old July 28th 19, 10:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe[_2_]

Default Ping-pong balls

I bought 12 "Penn" decent quality (lots of bounce) ping-pong balls at
the local megastore. Most of them are on the floor. Also on the floor
are three of those "midnight madness" or whatever they are called
plastic balls with bells inside. We are getting a lot more use out of
the ping-pong balls. The cats enjoy batting them around, bouncing them
off of things. When they come near me, I kick or throw them. Almost zero
risk of hurting anything. They play with the ping-pong balls more than
they play with the bell balls.
Old July 28th 19, 10:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe[_2_]

I should note the timeframe... The balls have been on the floor for
months. Their current daily play is not just infatuation. It is
comparable to using a scratch post. Ideally they would play soccer with
them, but of course that's not going to happen. If they kick them all
into a bunch, it's easy enough to gather them and put them back in the
starting point.
Old July 28th 19, 11:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Mark Carroll[_2_]

On 28 Jul 2019, John Doe wrote:

I bought 12 "Penn" decent quality (lots of bounce) ping-pong balls at
the local megastore.

(snip)
They play with the ping-pong balls more than they play with the bell
balls.

Thank you for the report - definitely something for me to bear in mind
when I finally get back to living in a place with more hardwood floors.

Also you make a good point about not hurting anything. Once as I threw a
ping-pong ball in the direction of our cat he surprised me by running
quickly toward it such that they met at his forehead. I don't think he
meant to do that but it also didn't seem to bother him so it ended up
being quite funny from my perspective.

-- Mark
Old July 29th 19, 02:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Peter W.[_2_]

I have been giving ping-pong balls to my cats for over sixty (60) years. There is something about the sound when they bounce that is like nothing else for them. If there is carpet, they slam them off the walls.

Our big Maine Coon will carry them up the stairs and drop them to bounce down. That is a sight to behold, a 20# cat with a ping-pong ball in his mouth.
Old July 29th 19, 03:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,free.spam
John Doe[_2_]

If this annoying jerk who refuses to give anybody else space
on this discussion group knows so much, why hasn't it ever
posted about it...

--

Path: eternal-september.org!reader01.eternal-september.org!feeder.eternal-september.org!weretis.net!feeder6.news.weretis.net !feeder.usenetexpress.com!feeder-in1.iad1.usenetexpress.com!border1.nntp.dca1.gigan ews.com!border2.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.gigane ws.com!b26no3330485qtq.0!news-out.google.com!a5ni400qtd.0!nntp.google.com!b26no3 330480qtq.0!postnews.google.com!glegroupsg2000goo. googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2019 06:09:13 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Ping-pong balls
From: "Peter W." peterwieck33 gmail.com

Old July 29th 19, 03:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Peter W.[_2_]

John:

What is clear is that you are entirely unencumbered by the thought process.

With that in mind, you might be surprised to discover that my history in this group goes back as far as yours.

But, then, you know every damned thing - or, more and more about less and less until you know everything about nothing.
Old July 29th 19, 03:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,free.spam
reilloc

On 7/29/2019 9:16 AM, John Doe wrote:
If this annoying jerk who refuses to give anybody else space
on this discussion group knows so much, why hasn't it ever
posted about it...

Yer kinda teched in de haid, eh? Medicare kin getcha sum help. Sumpin
sumpin ta calm ya down, keep ya ta where ya ain't a clear and present
danger to any cat or other living thing unfortunate enough to be
required to be in your physical proximity, old man.

LNC
Old July 29th 19, 05:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
reilloc

On 7/29/2019 9:54 AM, Peter W. wrote:
John:

What is clear is that you are entirely unencumbered by the thought process.

With that in mind, you might be surprised to discover that my history in this group goes back as far as yours.

But, then, you know every damned thing - or, more and more about less and less until you know everything about nothing.

This is the guy who wraps leather belts around the necks of his cats and
stuffs one of their front legs through the loop so they won't "bully"
the other cats. He's an animal abuser and certified lunatic. He'll be
back shortly further to prove it.

LNC

Ping, Pong, Suuuuu u n n y d a a a a n c e... Pit2nya[_2_] Cat community 5 February 19th 17 08:36 AM
ping! pong! Mayzy n Tygur cutie Cat community 26 September 12th 11 09:29 PM
Ping Pong GaDragonfly Cat anecdotes 10 April 14th 07 09:58 PM
An amazing ping pong playing cat.. Kathryn Cat anecdotes 7 October 23rd 03 06:55 PM