Cat safety purrs needed - LA area

Old October 29th 05, 01:02 AM
Lucy's Mom

Default Cat safety purrs needed - LA area

Many saftey purrs for the kitties and just as many
may-you-burn-in-hell thoughts for the others....

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 08:51:52 -0700, Dan M wrote:

We need some purrs of the safety of kitties in the LA area. The news
reported last night that someone is brutalizing and mutilating kitties
near West Hollywood. Please, purrs to keep the kitties safe and to catch
the responsible party.

Dan

Old October 29th 05, 03:34 AM
badwilson

WTF is wrong with some people?!?!
Many purrs.
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

Old October 29th 05, 04:01 AM
Jo Firey

Dan M wrote:

We need some purrs of the safety of kitties in the LA area. The news
reported last night that someone is brutalizing and mutilating kitties
near West Hollywood. Please, purrs to keep the kitties safe and to catch
the responsible party.

OH dear! It seems to happen more each year, as Halloween approaches.
(Especially to black cats, although some of the abusers aren't particular
about the color.) A lot of shelters and adoption facilities just won't
allow people to adopt black cats, for a few weeks either side of
Halloween.

That reminds me. It will be a year Sunday since we adopted Molly. When we
were going through the shelters looking, they mostly had signs posted that
any cats adopted could only be picked up after Halloween. But they also
told us that is the case of boring older couples like us they really didn't
mean it, that we could take a cat - any cat home on the spot. The signs
were so they could easily refuse anyone who seemed questionable and so they
wouldn't be faulted by anyone who thought they shouldn't adopt out near
Halloween.

Jo

Old October 29th 05, 05:28 AM
Yes

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 08:51:52 -0700, Dan M wrote:

We need some purrs of the safety of kitties in the LA area. The news
reported last night that someone is brutalizing and mutilating kitties
near West Hollywood. Please, purrs to keep the kitties safe and to catch
the responsible party.

Dan

OK, now I'm very SERIOUSLY angry!

I hope the police are taking this seriously; EVERY serial killer started
with small animals.

Perhaps this sicko could be encouraged to prey upon politicians, or oil
executives, instead? (Sorry, bad joke.....)

If this were happening in my area, the guy could very possibly turn
around, and the very last thing he would see, if he turned quickly
enough, that is, would be a small object traveling towards him at very,
very high speed. Quiet. Untraceable. Permanent.

End of problem.

In my mind, torturing and killing small animals is the same as torturing
and killing small children. They are equally defenseless.
Old October 29th 05, 05:32 AM
Marina

Dan M wrote:
We need some purrs of the safety of kitties in the LA area. The news
reported last night that someone is brutalizing and mutilating kitties
near West Hollywood. Please, purrs to keep the kitties safe and to catch
the responsible party.

Purrs for the kitties and dirty litterbox offerings and regurgitated
hairballs to the perpetrators.

--
Marina, Frank, Miranda and Caliban. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old October 29th 05, 06:57 AM
Marina

Jo Firey wrote:

That reminds me. It will be a year Sunday since we adopted Molly. When we
were going through the shelters looking, they mostly had signs posted that
any cats adopted could only be picked up after Halloween. But they also
told us that is the case of boring older couples like us they really didn't
mean it, that we could take a cat - any cat home on the spot.

LOL! Did they actually call you a boring older couple? Congrats to both
Molly and you or finding each other.

Old October 29th 05, 07:17 AM
Jo Firey

"Marina" wrote in message
Jo Firey wrote:

That reminds me. It will be a year Sunday since we adopted Molly. When
we were going through the shelters looking, they mostly had signs posted
that any cats adopted could only be picked up after Halloween. But they
also told us that is the case of boring older couples like us they really
didn't mean it, that we could take a cat - any cat home on the spot.

LOL! Did they actually call you a boring older couple? Congrats to both
Molly and you or finding each other.

More like, "well in your case we would make an exception of course".

Jo

Old October 30th 05, 10:23 PM
Sam Nash

"Dan M" wrote in message
We need some purrs of the safety of kitties in the LA area. The news
reported last night that someone is brutalizing and mutilating kitties
near West Hollywood. Please, purrs to keep the kitties safe and to catch
the responsible party.

Dan

Purrs on the way, Dan. On both counts.
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe

Old October 30th 05, 10:58 PM
Enfilade

Dan M wrote:
We need some purrs of the safety of kitties in the LA area. The news
reported last night that someone is brutalizing and mutilating kitties
near West Hollywood. Please, purrs to keep the kitties safe and to catch
the responsible party.

Dan

I'm going to send hisses. Hisses against the individual responsible.
Buddy, whoever you are, Nocturne is about to rain down her wrath upon
you (with help from the other three and me.)

--Fil