Mooch comes around

Old April 22nd 09, 04:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobcat

Default Mooch comes around

With cats, you never know where you stand. Recently Mooch our resident
stray and another neighbourhood cat got into a fight on our veranda.
We broke it up quickly so he wasn't harmed, but for everal days Mooch
acted timid, bolted his meals and wouldn't sleep in his specially
heated veranda chair-bed. Then yesterday, he didn't appear at all.

This worried me, because he usually shows up for at least two or three
meals and I feared that something had happened to him. But in the
evening we visited our next-door neighbours. and when we returned home
there was Mooch, waiting for his dinner. I was very relieved and sat
on the veranda with him while he wolfed down an enormous meal - after
all he hadn't eaten for 24 hours.

Then something remarkable happened. He began to circle me, brushing
his tail against my legs! I reached down and for the first time in the
almost four years we've known him, he let me pat him and stroke his
tail! The front door was ajar, and also for the first time he went
into the entrance hall and looked around! He'll never be tame enough
to live indoors, and our indoor cats would object, but I'm on top of
the world over his new gestures of friendship.
Old April 22nd 09, 05:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Bobcat wrote:
[...]

I can imagine how that felt, it was wonderful when Shadow started to trust
me. :-)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old April 22nd 09, 05:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

Bobcat wrote:
[...]

IMHO He's getting tired of the out and is looking for a comfortable
"retirement home". Best wishes MLB
Old April 22nd 09, 06:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobble[_6_]

Bobcat wrote in news:2b908dbd-c897-4680-8e1f-
:

[...]

He views you as his knight in shining armour for saving him from that
bully, and he got to save face because he didn't have to back down first.
That's wonderful news and you must feel honoured, finally.

Bobble
Old April 22nd 09, 06:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lisa Katt[_2_]

"Bobcat" skrev i meddelandet
[...]

Concatulations!
Elisabet

Old April 22nd 09, 09:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone[_3_]

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 08:59:01 -0700 (PDT), Bobcat
wrote:

[...]

aw the special moments when a stray or feral starts to decide you're
not so bad. Although it's been years now, I still remember sitting
outside and having Rocky decide to jump into my lap. I knew Gray Kitty
for 10 years before he let me pet him last winter. Now they're both at
the Bridge - probably yelling at each again, as they always hated each
other on this side.
Old April 22nd 09, 11:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Bobcat wrote:

[...]

He knows who loves him! Cats can definitely tell when you stick up for
them in a fight with another cat (or dog, or whomever). Smudge knows
that I'm on her side and won't let Licky bug her. I've defended her from
dogs hell-bent on killing her. I think a cat appreciates that. Mooch
might have figured out from that incident that you're his ally, and maybe
he's saying "thanks".

He'll never be tame enough to live indoors,

Never say never.

I'm on top of
the world over his new gestures of friendship.

I'll bet!

--
Joyce ^..^

Mooch sleeps in Bobcat Cat anecdotes 6 March 4th 09 01:05 PM
Mooch takes in the sun Bobcat Cat anecdotes 15 February 11th 09 09:54 PM
The Mooch Mob Bobcat Cat anecdotes 0 July 29th 08 12:58 PM
Mooch!! dopekitty Cat anecdotes 6 July 21st 05 07:04 PM
Another Mooch strip Marina Cat anecdotes 10 March 19th 04 03:46 AM