I touched Tabitha!

Old May 29th 09, 10:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kajikit[_2_]

Default I touched Tabitha!

Tabitha is the poor little stray tabby kitty who seems to have taken
over from Stripy Thing as the resident stray. Stripy Thing's gone off
to wherever he goes when the weather gets bad and I haven't seen him
all week... but Tabitha has adopted his behaviours! She is starting to
listen for our front door to open just like Stripy Thing does, and
then she darts upstairs to our door to beg for a meal. She's VERY
timid and jittery and she'll hisspit and growl at me when I get too
close, but she wants that food and I think she knows that I'm not
going to do anything to hurt her... anyway, the growling is subsiding
a little more each day, and when I put her dish down today she dived
right into the kibble and forgot to growl. So I reached out a hand and
gently touched the middle of her back. She stopped eating and twitched
an ear and looked up at me as if to say 'what are you DOING?!' and
then she went back to the food. So I petted her once more and told her
what a good girl she was, and then I left her to eat in peace.
Old May 30th 09, 05:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

"Kajikit"
[...]

Awwww, bless your heart for feeding and making friends with her and purrs
for Stripey Thing to come back safe soon.
Love
Kyla

Old May 30th 09, 03:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobcat

On May 29, 5:15*pm, Kajikit wrote:
Tabitha is the poor little stray tabby kitty who seems to have taken
over from Stripy Thing as the resident stray. [SNIP] She's VERY
timid and jittery and she'll hisspit and growl at me when I get too
close, but she wants that food and I think she knows that I'm not
going to do anything to hurt her... anyway, the growling is subsiding
a little more each day, and when I put her dish down today she dived
right into the kibble and forgot to growl. So I reached out a hand and
gently touched the middle of her back. She stopped eating and twitched
an ear and looked up at me as if to say 'what are you DOING?!' and
then she went back to the food. So I petted her once more and told her
what a good girl she was, and then I left her to eat in peace.

Isn't that a great feeling, when a stray cat allows you to touch him/
her? I had to wait four years before Mooch our resident stray finally
would let me do it. I wrote about the experience for Flippy's cat
website. Here's a link to it.

http://www.flippyscatpage.com/moochcomesaround.html

Old May 30th 09, 09:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kajikit[_2_]

On Sat, 30 May 2009 07:13:42 -0700 (PDT), Bobcat
wrote:

[...]

She was such a good girl today. She let me pet her while she was
eating again... just a twitch of the ear and 'do what you want!'. So I
stroked her and told her what a very sweet good girl she was... I'm
sure she hasn't heard that in a long time, poor little mite!