Casting for cats

Old April 3rd 09, 09:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobcat

Default Casting for cats

For the last several weeks my Special Lady has been visiting her
brother and sister-in-law in New Zealand, and in her absence our cats
have kept me company. As you know, cats are quirky creatures and they
can put strange ideas in your head. Here's an example. This morning I
was thinking of the late Bobby, our feisty little white warrior, and
for some strange reason I wondered what human actor I'd cast if Bobby
appeared in a film. Humans don't look like cats - I was thinking
rather of the actor's nature and temperament. Then I had the answer -
James Cagney! He was a tough, edgy little guy - and so was Bobby.

The Three Girls were harder. After thinking of actresses from all eras
I came up with this cast list.

First, Martha - our dear, sweet-natured, affectionate little tortie-
girl. After some thought I came up with the perfect actress to play
her - Debbie Reynolds.

Then there's Emily, our grey brat-cat who's always into mischief. I
thought of the actress who, when she was young, played the Gamine in
Charlie Chaplin's wonderful film "Modern Times". I added Paulette
Goddard to my kitty cast list.

Next, I pondered who to get to to play Sophie. She's chubby, cuddly,
affectionate and cute. Then I thought of the ideal actress. I
remembered her as Bonnie Franklin's daughter in "One Day at a Time" -
Valerie Bertinelli, come on down.

Finally there's Mooch, our resident stray who makes his home on our
veranda. A free spirit, he'll always be his own cat. I needed a human
actor to match that kind of personality. I thought of Steve McQueen,
but he's no longer with us. Frankly, I'm stuck for someone to play
Mooch, so I'm turning to you for help. For inspiration you can see our
Little Man by clicking on this link to his photo. Any casting ideas
for Mooch, please?

http://www.flippyscatpage.com/moochtwo.html
Old April 3rd 09, 10:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Apr 3, 3:11*pm, Bobcat wrote:
[...]

I think Viggo Mortensen could do it.

--
Will in New Haven

Old April 4th 09, 12:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Wingnut

"Will in New Haven" wrote in message
On Apr 3, 3:11 pm, Bobcat wrote:
[...]

I'm totally seeing DeNiro:

"Are you talkin' to ME??"

Old April 4th 09, 01:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Bobcat" wrote in message

Persia would be Gloria Swanson swathed in beautiful grey fur with her
green-eyed gold rimmed glory, and the blinky eyes... "I'm ready for my
closeup, Mr. Demille"

Jill

Old April 4th 09, 05:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"Bobcat" wrote in message

Persia would be Gloria Swanson swathed in beautiful grey fur with her
green-eyed gold rimmed glory, and the blinky eyes... "I'm ready for my
closeup, Mr. Demille"

Jill

Awww. As I've written before, Stinky was Jimmy Stewart and Cary Grant.
Combined somehow.

Dante is Jimmy Cagney or the Marx Brothers. Or a Lucha Libre wrestler.

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old April 4th 09, 01:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Kreisleriana" drtATearthlink.net wrote in message
m...

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"Bobcat" wrote in message

Persia would be Gloria Swanson swathed in beautiful grey fur with her
green-eyed gold rimmed glory, and the blinky eyes... "I'm ready for my
closeup, Mr. Demille"

Jill

Awww. As I've written before, Stinky was Jimmy Stewart and Cary Grant.
Combined somehow.

Dante is Jimmy Cagney or the Marx Brothers. Or a Lucha Libre wrestler.

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Stinky was both dapper and comical. Dante, well... did you ever see James
Cagney in that Jack Lemmon film 'Good Neighbor Sam'? I picture Dante in
that role... comical yet very serious... or seriously comical

BTW, my father (as a little boy) lived right down the street from Jimmy
Stewart in Indiana, Pennsylvania. He used to tell me about when Jimmy
Stewart came home from making a movie, they had parades, it was just like in
'It's a Wonderful Life'. Small world, isn't it?

Jill

Old April 4th 09, 03:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"Bobcat" wrote in message

Persia would be Gloria Swanson swathed in beautiful grey fur with her
green-eyed gold rimmed glory, and the blinky eyes... "I'm ready for my
closeup, Mr. Demille"

Jill

Awww. As I've written before, Stinky was Jimmy Stewart and Cary Grant.
Combined somehow.

Dante is Jimmy Cagney or the Marx Brothers. Or a Lucha Libre wrestler.

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Stinky was both dapper and comical. Dante, well... did you ever see James
Cagney in that Jack Lemmon film 'Good Neighbor Sam'? I picture Dante in
that role... comical yet very serious... or seriously comical

He's intense. Ridiculously intense.

BTW, my father (as a little boy) lived right down the street from Jimmy
Stewart in Indiana, Pennsylvania. He used to tell me about when Jimmy
Stewart came home from making a movie, they had parades, it was just like
in 'It's a Wonderful Life'. Small world, isn't it?

Jill

My goodness! I read his father never stopped hoping he would stop all this
acting nonsense, and run the hardware store.

Old April 6th 09, 12:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"Bobcat" wrote in message

[...]

All that acting nonsense... heh. Yeah, he was laughing all the way to the
bank. He probably supported his father in his dotage.

Jill