A cat forum. CatBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CatBanter forum » Cat Newsgroups » Cat anecdotes
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Attacked by vicious cat ...



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old June 29th 11, 02:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,078
Default Attacked by vicious cat ...

.... birds. I bet you thought I meant Shamrock. After I got home
tonight I went back out to put out something for a Freecycler who was
coming by. While out, I went to see how some of my flowers were doing
since we haven't had much rain lately. While walking down *MY* sidewalk
to *MY* driveway, I saw a baby bird. I started talking to it. Aww,
cute baby. Where's your mom? Then mom appears, AND dad. Then another
baby. The babies were hopping toward me; oh no, that's not good. I
walked in the opposite direction of where babies were hopping but, no,
that wasn't good enough for mom and dad. One parent went to check on
babies, and the other kept diving at me and keeping me in my place. It
was really windy and about to rain (long overdue rain, in fact, and as
it turns out, not enough) so I told mom/dad that I needed to go inside.
Nope, he/she wasn't having any part of that. As the rain started, and
I wondered if I could warn the freecycler about the attack birds, I made
a break for the front door. I could feel wings touch me as they chased
me in. lol When I was safely inside, I watched them from the inside
looking out and they were mad. Really mad. And they let me know it.
There was no way they were letting me back out.

In the meantime, they had a very attentive furry audience wondering why
meowmie was so afraid of a couple of birds.

Freecycler came by before the catbirds left to go find the hopping
babies but they let me out to bring the item to the driveway rather than
assault a reacttack on us both at the front door. She laughed because
she'd recently suffered the same attack.
  #2  
Old June 29th 11, 03:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_5_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 291
Default Attacked by vicious cat ...

Hmmmm, maybe something like that was Hitchcock's inspiration! ;

--
Hugs,

CatNipped
See all our masters at: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

Email: L(dot)T(dot)Crews(at)comcast(dot)net


"Cheryl" wrote in message
. com...
... birds. I bet you thought I meant Shamrock. After I got home
tonight I went back out to put out something for a Freecycler who was
coming by. While out, I went to see how some of my flowers were doing
since we haven't had much rain lately. While walking down *MY* sidewalk
to *MY* driveway, I saw a baby bird. I started talking to it. Aww, cute
baby. Where's your mom? Then mom appears, AND dad. Then another baby.
The babies were hopping toward me; oh no, that's not good. I walked in
the opposite direction of where babies were hopping but, no, that wasn't
good enough for mom and dad. One parent went to check on babies, and the
other kept diving at me and keeping me in my place. It was really windy
and about to rain (long overdue rain, in fact, and as it turns out, not
enough) so I told mom/dad that I needed to go inside. Nope, he/she wasn't
having any part of that. As the rain started, and I wondered if I could
warn the freecycler about the attack birds, I made a break for the front
door. I could feel wings touch me as they chased me in. lol When I was
safely inside, I watched them from the inside looking out and they were
mad. Really mad. And they let me know it. There was no way they were
letting me back out.

In the meantime, they had a very attentive furry audience wondering why
meowmie was so afraid of a couple of birds.

Freecycler came by before the catbirds left to go find the hopping babies
but they let me out to bring the item to the driveway rather than assault
a reacttack on us both at the front door. She laughed because she'd
recently suffered the same attack.



  #3  
Old June 29th 11, 05:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 9,349
Default Attacked by vicious cat ...

Cheryl wrote:

... birds. I bet you thought I meant Shamrock. After I got home
tonight I went back out to put out something for a Freecycler who was
coming by. While out, I went to see how some of my flowers were doing
since we haven't had much rain lately. While walking down *MY* sidewalk
to *MY* driveway, I saw a baby bird. I started talking to it. Aww,
cute baby. Where's your mom? Then mom appears, AND dad. Then another
baby. The babies were hopping toward me; oh no, that's not good. I
walked in the opposite direction of where babies were hopping but, no,
that wasn't good enough for mom and dad. One parent went to check on
babies, and the other kept diving at me and keeping me in my place. It
was really windy and about to rain (long overdue rain, in fact, and as
it turns out, not enough) so I told mom/dad that I needed to go inside.
Nope, he/she wasn't having any part of that. As the rain started, and
I wondered if I could warn the freecycler about the attack birds, I made
a break for the front door. I could feel wings touch me as they chased
me in. lol When I was safely inside, I watched them from the inside
looking out and they were mad. Really mad. And they let me know it.
There was no way they were letting me back out.


In the meantime, they had a very attentive furry audience wondering why
meowmie was so afraid of a couple of birds.


Freecycler came by before the catbirds left to go find the hopping
babies but they let me out to bring the item to the driveway rather than
assault a reacttack on us both at the front door. She laughed because
she'd recently suffered the same attack.


Wow. That's a little creepy. Sounds like an outtake from the Hitchcock
movie.

I've never heard of catbirds. They wouldn't be in the corvid family,
would they? I've heard of crows never forgetting someone who made them
angry, and giving them a hard time the next time they see the person
(or dog, cat, whatever) even if it's weeks later. I hope this family
decides to move on!

Joyce

--
"Bacteria, with a few more bells and whistles."
-- Bonnie Bassler, describing human beings
  #4  
Old June 29th 11, 06:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 43
Default Attacked by vicious cat ...

On 2011-06-29, wrote:
Cheryl wrote:

... birds. I bet you thought I meant Shamrock. After I got home
tonight I went back out to put out something for a Freecycler who was
coming by. While out, I went to see how some of my flowers were doing
since we haven't had much rain lately. While walking down *MY* sidewalk
to *MY* driveway, I saw a baby bird. I started talking to it. Aww,
cute baby. Where's your mom? Then mom appears, AND dad. Then another
baby. The babies were hopping toward me; oh no, that's not good. I
walked in the opposite direction of where babies were hopping but, no,
that wasn't good enough for mom and dad. One parent went to check on
babies, and the other kept diving at me and keeping me in my place. It
was really windy and about to rain (long overdue rain, in fact, and as
it turns out, not enough) so I told mom/dad that I needed to go inside.
Nope, he/she wasn't having any part of that. As the rain started, and
I wondered if I could warn the freecycler about the attack birds, I made
a break for the front door. I could feel wings touch me as they chased
me in. lol When I was safely inside, I watched them from the inside
looking out and they were mad. Really mad. And they let me know it.
There was no way they were letting me back out.


In the meantime, they had a very attentive furry audience wondering why
meowmie was so afraid of a couple of birds.


Freecycler came by before the catbirds left to go find the hopping
babies but they let me out to bring the item to the driveway rather than
assault a reacttack on us both at the front door. She laughed because
she'd recently suffered the same attack.


Wow. That's a little creepy. Sounds like an outtake from the Hitchcock
movie.

I've never heard of catbirds. They wouldn't be in the corvid family,
would they? I've heard of crows never forgetting someone who made them
angry, and giving them a hard time the next time they see the person
(or dog, cat, whatever) even if it's weeks later. I hope this family
decides to move on!

Joyce


Catbirds are like mockingbirds.

Mockers also will swoop on prowling cats. They defend their nests.

Bud
  #6  
Old June 30th 11, 09:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,802
Default Attacked by vicious cat ...



Cheryl wrote:
On 6/29/2011 12:13 AM, wrote:
I've never heard of catbirds. They wouldn't be in the corvid family,
would they? I've heard of crows never forgetting someone who made them
angry, and giving them a hard time the next time they see the person
(or dog, cat, whatever) even if it's weeks later. I hope this family
decides to move on!


I see catbirds don't live in CA so maybe that's why you aren't familiar
with them.
http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/gray_catbird/id

However, California has mockingbirds, which can be equally territorial!
My next-door neighbor had to stop parking in his driveway, because of
the mockingbirds nesting in the bushes by my porch. Got so his kids
were afraid to leave the car to go indoors! They'd attack ANYONE
(including the postman) who came anywhere near those bushes - more than
once I was startled by a sharp rap on top of my head from an aggressive
beak when I cut across my front yard to the neighbor's door.
  #7  
Old July 1st 11, 02:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,078
Default Attacked by vicious cat ...

On 6/30/2011 4:17 PM, hopitus wrote:
Any tiny chance, maybe holding an umbrella close to your head, you
might lure
the entire killer bird family over to yard of Tanked Lawnmower Rider
(see, already
he has a name other than Neighbor). Charge up your vid cam at the
ready if you
get this done......good vids sure to follow. You could send them to
that show
"Funniest Home Vids" maybe for money.


LOL! I like that. Tanked Lawnmower rider. TLR.

Actually yesterday one of the parents was watching me closely when I got
home from work and I could see a bug in its beak so it was doing feeding
duty. It didn't attack me so maybe the babies learned to take flight.
It still followed me from where it was perched on the fence to the tree
in my front yard and was making just a soft calling voice at me, so it
wasn't as angry as the other night.
  #8  
Old July 1st 11, 06:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
hopitus[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 196
Default Attacked by vicious cat ...

On Jun 28, 11:18*pm, william.hamb. wrote:
On 2011-06-29, wrote:
Cheryl wrote:
... birds. *I bet you thought I meant Shamrock. * *After I got home
tonight I went back out to put out something for a Freecycler who was
coming by. *While out, I went to see how some of my flowers were doing
since we haven't had much rain lately. *While walking down *MY* sidewalk
to *MY* driveway, I saw a baby bird. *I started talking to it. *Aww,
cute baby. *Where's your mom? *Then mom appears, AND dad. *Then another
baby. *The babies were hopping toward me; oh no, that's not good. *I
walked in the opposite direction of where babies were hopping but, no,
that wasn't good enough for mom and dad. *One parent went to check on
babies, and the other kept diving at me and keeping me in my place. *It
was really windy and about to rain (long overdue rain, in fact, and as
it turns out, not enough) so I told mom/dad that I needed to go inside.
*Nope, he/she wasn't having any part of that. *As the rain started, and
I wondered if I could warn the freecycler about the attack birds, I made
a break for the front door. *I could feel wings touch me as they chased
me in. *lol *When I was safely inside, I watched them from the inside
looking out and they were mad. *Really mad. *And they let me know it.
There was no way they were letting me back out.


In the meantime, they had a very attentive furry audience wondering why
meowmie was so afraid of a couple of birds.


Freecycler came by before the catbirds left to go find the hopping
babies but they let me out to bring the item to the driveway rather than
assault a reacttack on us both at the front door. *She laughed because
she'd recently suffered the same attack.


Wow. That's a little creepy. Sounds like an outtake from the Hitchcock
movie.
I've never heard of catbirds. They wouldn't be in the corvid family,
would they? I've heard of crows never forgetting someone who made them
angry, and giving them a hard time the next time they see the person
(or dog, cat, whatever) even if it's weeks later. I hope this family
decides to move on
Joyce


Catbirds are like mockingbirds.

Mockers also will swoop on prowling cats. *They defend their nests.
Bud

How well I remember my old Toopy, Manx brown-striper from the 70s and
80s in Miami; she
never climbed the trees to get at the mockingbirds (man, were they
*loud* squawking) but
when one swooped down to buzz her stumpy tail fur.....end of story, it
was over; she would
flip on her back in a fast flash of fur and have her old self a tasty
fresh snack of gray bird.
she would always leave me the *feet* which i would find on front steps
after getting home from
work. Ditto with bluejays there. Flying is not always the winning
battle mode when cats are
the opponent.
  #9  
Old July 1st 11, 11:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 9,349
Default Attacked by vicious cat ...

Cheryl wrote:

On 6/29/2011 12:13 AM, wrote:
I've never heard of catbirds. They wouldn't be in the corvid family,
would they? I've heard of crows never forgetting someone who made them
angry, and giving them a hard time the next time they see the person
(or dog, cat, whatever) even if it's weeks later. I hope this family
decides to move on!


I see catbirds don't live in CA so maybe that's why you aren't familiar
with them.
http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/gray_catbird/id

I haven't seen them, no. I listened to the recording of their call, and
for most of it, I didn't hear a "catty mew", as the site described it.
Just sweet small-bird song. But toward the end, it did make some screechy
sounds that I guess could be like a screechy meow in an older cat.

Joyce

--
It is better to give than to lend, and it costs about the same.
-- Unknown
  #10  
Old July 2nd 11, 02:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,078
Default Attacked by vicious cat ...

On 7/1/2011 6:38 PM, wrote:
Cheryl wrote:

On 6/29/2011 12:13 AM,
wrote:
I've never heard of catbirds. They wouldn't be in the corvid family,
would they? I've heard of crows never forgetting someone who made them
angry, and giving them a hard time the next time they see the person
(or dog, cat, whatever) even if it's weeks later. I hope this family
decides to move on!


I see catbirds don't live in CA so maybe that's why you aren't familiar
with them.
http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/gray_catbird/id

I haven't seen them, no. I listened to the recording of their call, and
for most of it, I didn't hear a "catty mew", as the site described it.
Just sweet small-bird song. But toward the end, it did make some screechy
sounds that I guess could be like a screechy meow in an older cat.


Their songs can vary, just like mockingbirds. They didn't meow at me
when they were attacking. It was the screechy sound. The funny thing
was after I was in the house looking through the storm door at them on
the front porch, they not only screeched, but it looked like they were
banging their wing tips on the ground. It was a very territorial posture.
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vicious demon killer kitten Mark Edwards Cat anecdotes 2 October 26th 07 01:30 PM
Questions about FeLV/FIV (was Pics of the vicious biting kitten!!!!) Takayuki Cat anecdotes 11 September 19th 06 03:02 PM
Pics of the vicious biting kitten!!!! Mischief Cat anecdotes 31 September 19th 06 12:04 PM
Judge Spares Life of Lewis the Cat For Vicious Attacks On Neighbors Kraut Cat community 4 June 25th 06 11:43 AM
Cat fine one minute, vicious the next Brian Link Cat health & behaviour 2 October 6th 05 03:46 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 CatBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.