best way to give pills?

Old October 6th 04, 01:03 AM
Ensoul100

Default best way to give pills?

Sam cat is starting on thyroid pills...same thing I take

from past experience I know how hard it is to get pills down here

we wrap in a towel w/only her head showing, then pry open her mouth & shove far
down her throat as possible, but even then she's managed to spit a pill back
out

any hints would be greatly appreciated

ensoul

....that whenever any Form of Govt. becomes destructive of these Ends, it is the
right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and institute new Govt...it is
their Right, and their Duty, to throw of such Government
~Thomas Jefferson

Old October 6th 04, 02:27 AM
jamie

Ensoul100 wrote:
Sam cat is starting on thyroid pills...same thing I take

from past experience I know how hard it is to get pills down here

Google Pill Pockets in this group, I posted about them about 6 weeks
ago, with links to pictures (but probably not the best deal).

--
jamie )

"There's a seeker born every minute."

Old October 6th 04, 02:54 AM
Mary

"Ensoul100" wrote in message
Sam cat is starting on thyroid pills...same thing I take

from past experience I know how hard it is to get pills down here

we wrap in a towel w/only her head showing, then pry open her mouth &

shove far
down her throat as possible, but even then she's managed to spit a pill

back
out

any hints would be greatly appreciated

ensoul

I open Buddha's mouth as far as I can and "toss" the pill way back, and she
swallows it nearly every time Shoving it back there might engage the gag
reflex.

Old October 6th 04, 03:04 AM
J1Boss

we wrap in a towel w/only her head showing, then pry open her mouth &
shove far
down her throat as possible, but even then she's managed to spit a pill

back
out

try blowing in her face and stroking her throat. The air puff seems to make
them gulp!

Janet Boss
http://bestfriendsdogobedience.com/
http://photos.yahoo.com/bestfriendsobedience

Old October 6th 04, 03:13 AM
Wendy

"Ensoul100" wrote in message
Sam cat is starting on thyroid pills...same thing I take

from past experience I know how hard it is to get pills down here

we wrap in a towel w/only her head showing, then pry open her mouth &

shove far
down her throat as possible, but even then she's managed to spit a pill

back
out

any hints would be greatly appreciated

ensoul

I try to sneak the pills in the side of the mouth between the back teeth. I
have more luck getting the pill towards the back of the throat that way than
when I approach from the front. All cats are different so I guess it's trial
and error.

Old October 6th 04, 03:24 AM
Paul O.

"Ensoul100" wrote in message
Sam cat is starting on thyroid pills...same thing I take

from past experience I know how hard it is to get pills down here

we wrap in a towel w/only her head showing, then pry open her mouth &
shove far
down her throat as possible, but even then she's managed to spit a pill
back
out

any hints would be greatly appreciated

ensoul

We bought a longish round plastic rod that holds a pill in one end. It has
a plunger on the other end. You insert it in the cats mouth towards the
back of the throat and push the plunger and it gently shoots the pill out.
Works great.

--
Paul O.
Absolutely clueless when it comes to cats

Pills & Meds JBHajos Cat anecdotes 3 December 1st 03 05:18 PM
Pills and cats Angela Cat health & behaviour 21 November 26th 03 02:59 PM
Give this a try ;-) JHBennett Cat anecdotes 15 September 24th 03 07:32 AM
Giving Pills (with a pill gun) rrb_041303 Cat anecdotes 9 September 6th 03 05:51 PM