Sammy - big moth hunter

Old September 7th 04, 08:46 PM
Steve Touchstone

Default Sammy - big moth hunter

Sammy has been very active this today. She had all the cupboards open
when I came home for lunch, and again this afternoon when I was done
for the day. Once I turned on the computer I noticed that she was
checking behind all the furniture, including climbing up the
entertainment center to check behind the speakers. Finally she flushed
her prey, which turned out to be a fairly large moth. They both
procedured to the bedroom.

A few minutes later I heard a thud in the bedroom - nothing major like
the time she climbed up and managed to knock half the books off a
shelf, just a medium thud. When I got up to check we passed in the
doorway, she was on her way to the kitchen, me to check for damage in
the bedroom. Turned out she had been checking the shelf in the closet.
I suspect she leaped up, landed on a blanket, which instead of staying
in place like any decent landing pad had slid off and deposited both
on the floor.

Anyway, I put it away I came back to enquire as to whether or not she
had caught the nasty flying creature. I could tell that it was still
on the lose, since she was now stationed on top of the Brita water
filter I keep on top of the fridge looking around intently.

I'm not sure where she's gotten to now, as I was just in the kitchen
and she has moved on, but am keeping an ear cocked for any unusual
noises - hoping for small to medium thuds and nothing major.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old September 7th 04, 09:25 PM
CatNipped

"Steve Touchstone" wrote in message
I'm not sure where she's gotten to now, as I was just in the kitchen
and she has moved on, but am keeping an ear cocked for any unusual
noises - hoping for small to medium thuds and nothing major.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:

LOL - the dreaded thud! My Sammy manages to produce quite a lot of those.
The last one was my 4' tall victorian doll (a frequent victim of assault,
poor dear, due to the feathers, lace, and ribbons on her attire). When I
came into my sitting room she was laying on her side, her hoop skirt was
over her head, her long lace undies were showing for all the world to see,
and her feathered hat was halfway across the room (the feathers were looking
decidedly chewed).

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old September 8th 04, 02:16 AM
O J

On Tue, 07 Sep, Steve Touchstone wrote:

---------------------snip----------------------
I came back to enquire as to whether or not she
had caught the nasty flying creature. I could tell that it was still
on the lose, since she was now stationed on top of the Brita water
filter I keep on top of the fridge looking around intently.

I'm not sure where she's gotten to now, as I was just in the kitchen
and she has moved on, but am keeping an ear cocked for any unusual
noises - hoping for small to medium thuds and nothing major.

Make sure you praise her as a good kitty if she ever catches the
thing.

Regards and Purrs,
O J

Old September 8th 04, 02:21 AM
O J

On Tue, 7 Sep, CatNipped wrote:

Steve Touchstone wrote:

I'm not sure where she's gotten to now, as I was just in the kitchen
and she has moved on, but am keeping an ear cocked for any unusual
noises - hoping for small to medium thuds and nothing major.

LOL - the dreaded thud! My Sammy manages to produce quite a lot of those.
The last one was my 4' tall victorian doll (a frequent victim of assault,
poor dear, due to the feathers, lace, and ribbons on her attire). When I
came into my sitting room she was laying on her side, her hoop skirt was
over her head, her long lace undies were showing for all the world to see,
and her feathered hat was halfway across the room (the feathers were looking
decidedly chewed).

What a shame. Isn't there any way to kitty-proof it other than
putting it away in a closet?

Regards and Purrs,
O J