I'm Terminally ILL: MIssy & Rascal Need a Loving Home

Old August 28th 03, 08:07 PM
onlyThreeCats

Default I'm Terminally ILL: MIssy & Rascal Need a Loving Home

Hello...

I don't usually comment when I don't have much to offer, but just
wanted to say my heart goes out to you - all of you. Unfortunately I
am both too far away, and my small home is cat-full - lovingly so, but
not so we can afford more from such a long distance away right now.

It is touching to see someone who by all rights should be very
occupied with his own troubles care so much for fur-friends. All the
best of luck in finding Missy and Rascal their new loving home. I
hope this group can come through as it often has, and that all members
in and around Florida, or with friends/family there, can help spread
the word and get someone in touch with you. I once helped re-home an
FIV+ cat from San Francisco to a new FIV-tolerant home in Seattle, all
from my computer desk in Southern Ontario, so all is possible.

Peace,

Johanna

Wednesday, August 27, 2003

Missy & Rascal Say Hello.

______________________

I will "cut to the chase." I am dying. I have a terminal illness
and must find a Loving home for my 2 soulmate cats. Missy & Rascal:

Old August 29th 03, 10:05 PM
Beverly Orel

I cried when I read your letter. I wish I could help you, but I live in New
Jersey and already have a cat, Samantha, who would not like "company" I
will foward your message to my daughter, Gwen, who lives in Montgomery, AL.
She may know of some agency or person in your area. She has three cats
which she rescued from a kill-shelter in the Atlanta, Ga. area.

Best of luck.

Beverly
link.net...

Wednesday, August 27, 2003

Missy & Rascal Say Hello.

______________________

I will "cut to the chase." I am dying. I have a terminal illness
and must find a Loving home for my 2 soulmate cats. Missy & Rascal:
Tampa, FL - They are very sweet, affectionate and fully house-trained,
spayed, neutered with all their shots. They are both quite healthy, with
no medical maladies of any kind. I Need to try to keep them together as
they are very strongly bonded to each other.

Both Missy & Rascal have been raised as indoor cats. Missy (4 yrs.
old) is female, very petite, effeminate, dainty, affectionate grey tabby
with exceptional markings; very attached to Rascal. When I see Missy
prance about in her very dainty way, I think of a very young little girl
in pigtails, bouncing around in her innocent way. That describes little
Missy. Rascal (6 yrs old) a male, is just like a Teddy Bear, loves to
hug, very touchy-feely. Rascal looks after his baby sister (not
biological sister) and they are both inseparable. Both were strays I
took in, but they have given me more than I have given them.

Both are very conscious critters. They have Lots of toys and Cat
Trees to go with them. They love their toys and Cat Trees and beanbag
beds. These are two Very Special little critters who deserve a Good
Loving home when Daddy goes away. Their Daddy will be at peace if he
knows these little ones are safe and secure in a Good, Loving home.

There are a number of websites designed to help console bereaving
PET OWNERS who have lost their beloved pet. But I would like to suggest
that bereavement is bereavement. Such Loss and Suffering is also felt
by critters who have suddenly and inexplicably lost their owner. Missy &
Rascal are so profoundly bonded to their Daddy. Their beds are right
near their Daddy's bed. They follow him everywhere. Never has a day gone
by that he did not recognize, in some way or gesture, their existence
... their 'Being.' They will not understand what happened to him ... why
he went away and left them. Their bereavement and confusion will be
immense.

So it occurred to me that these two mutual, yet inverse,
circumstances Could Help To Heal Each Other at a time of profound sorrow
and loss for both. No critter can ever take the place of the beloved pet
a pet owner has lost. And no one can really take the place of 'Daddy'
for Missy & Rascal. But imagine how a bereaving pet owner might be able
to intuitively console Missy & Rascal in their time of profound sorrow,
loss, confusion and bereavement. And imagine how Missy & Rascal, by some
strange spin of spiritual instinct, might help the profoundly bereaving
pet owner . . . because each is suffering from the same sense of loss,
of emptiness, of sorrow and confusion. Each is sensitive to the other's
plight by virtue of being 'in that same place' themselves. Animals Know
Heart! Missy & Rascal are 2 very sensitive, conscious Beings.

Perhaps there is a way in which sorrow can help heal sorrow ... a
way in which emptiness can help fill emptiness? Perhaps there is a way
in which Missy & Rascal could help heal the suffering of a bereaving pet
owner who has lost a dear pet ... where a bereaving pet owner could, in
turn, help Missy & Rascal in their time of great need and profound loss
and immense confusion.

If not a bereaving pet owner -- perhaps there is someone out there
who is sensitive to the dilemma I have described here, who can help make
sure Missy & Rascal have a good, safe and secure Loving home Together.
After all the time we have spent together, they deserve something more
than an Animal Shelter and "The Blue Juice."

Read all about Missy & Rascal at their Website where there are lots of
pictures and descriptions with stories about them . . . See the "My Cats
Family Album" Web Link below.

If YOU Can Help
Please E-mail me at:

_____________________________________

Missy & Rascal Letter
http://www.geocities.com/photquest/cats_ltr.html

Missy & Rascal Family Photo Album Website
http://www.geocities.com/photoquest2003/cats.html

Missy & Rascal Family Photo Album 2 Website
http://www.geocities.com/photoquest2003/cats2.html

Old August 31st 03, 11:14 AM
cybercat

That is my hope. The sand is pouring out of the hour-glass faster than
it is running in.

I sent e-mails to all local rescue groups but have heard nothing back.
It's a holiday weekend. Maybe in a few days. I have lived my life in a
full way. Rascal and Missy deserve a chance to live their lives too.
There must be a "Soul-Match" out there somewhere. Who ever takes Missy
and Rascal home with them will be walking off with a spiritual and
emotional and intellectual Goldmine.

We shall patient wait.
____________________________________

"You will know the advancement or decline of a civilization by its
treatment of the animals."
-- Mahatma Gandhi --
____________________________________

--
Sincerely,,
T. Jacobs - Cybercat

"Carol" wrote in message
om...
Again, I'm afraid I can be of little help, but I discussed your
situation with a co-worker who is a rescuer. If you get no response
from the net (which I doubt because we immediately fell in love with
your brother and sister), she suggested you contact a rescuer in
Florida. Legitimate rescuers will see that they stay together and get
a good home. Peace to you.

Carol

hlink.net...

Old September 1st 03, 02:48 AM
Fred Williams

cybercat wrote:

That is my hope. The sand is pouring out of the hour-glass faster
than it is running in.

I sent e-mails to all local rescue groups but have heard nothing
back.
It's a holiday weekend. Maybe in a few days. I have lived my life
in a
full way. Rascal and Missy deserve a chance to live their lives
too.
There must be a "Soul-Match" out there somewhere. Who ever takes
Missy and Rascal home with them will be walking off with a spiritual
and emotional and intellectual Goldmine.

We shall patient wait.

My prayers are with you and all the family. I am much too far away
and in Canada to be of much help, but please keep us all informed.
You should get some response from the Rescue groups as soon as the
holiday weekend is over. I will "hold you in the light."

--
Regards
Fred

Remove FFFf to reply, please
Old September 4th 03, 11:00 AM
CyberCat

It sounds promising. We might be able to rent a small truck to get
everythiing out there. They have have two cat trees which you may have
seen at their photo album website. They have lots of toys and a few
different cat beds and beanbag beds to share if you have cats already.

Please write me and tell me about yourself generally. How many cats do
you have now? What are their names? Do you live in a home or
apartment? That kind of thing. Rascal and Missy are very gentle sweet
critters so they will adjust and adapt over time, I am certain.

I look forward to hearing from you.

--
Sincerely,
T. Jacobs - Cybercat

(Remove the "obstacles_")
____________

"Rain It Pours.... =-\" wrote in message
I'm a lurker.. LoL , I would love to take your cats, but my car is

broke
down right now.
I live in Lakeland , Florida.. Not too far. And I would get lost in
Tampa. =( Maybe if I can find a ride/someone who wont get lost, I can
help you. I love cats, and every cat deserves a good loving home. I'll
post back tomorrow.

Sarah

Old September 4th 03, 11:02 AM
CyberCat