Just to say

Old February 6th 14, 11:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Just to say

Thanks to my vet, Boyfie has made a complete recovery, I think.
He is out and about as much as he wants, but due to his shaved bits he is
soon in if it's cold.
I worry about the KFC police because he looks like he has mange or something
but I know that he will never be caught by the RSPCA.
Took me months to get him inside so he isn't up to being scooped up by
anyone else.

I am sure the RSPCA do good things but I've never been a fan of then, and
neither is June. We've seen what they do.
I got a dog from them just before it was put down, they get a week there.
Well, she was a challenge and I knew why she was dumped, but I had her until
she was 14.
She broke into my food cupboards every day. She knew the meat tins and not
the peaches or grapefruit so how did she know that?

Old February 7th 14, 04:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Thanks to my vet, Boyfie has made a complete recovery, I think.
He is out and about as much as he wants, but due to his shaved bits he is
soon in if it's cold.

I was pretty sure that would be the case. Brrrr! What happened to my
coat?

I worry about the KFC police because he looks like he has mange or something
but I know that he will never be caught by the RSPCA.
Took me months to get him inside so he isn't up to being scooped up by
anyone else.

Did you ever get the posh collar on him? If so, there wouldn't be any
doubt he isn't a stray.

I got a dog from them just before it was put down, they get a week there.
Well, she was a challenge and I knew why she was dumped, but I had her until
she was 14.
She broke into my food cupboards every day. She knew the meat tins and not
the peaches or grapefruit so how did she know that?

Dogs and cats have a great sense of smell. Persia knew how to
differentiate the cans of Fancy Feast from the canned chopped green
chillies I had in the pantry. Same size cans, sitting on the shelf side
by side. Guess which one she chose? G

Jill
Old February 8th 14, 08:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Thanks to my vet, Boyfie has made a complete recovery, I think.
He is out and about as much as he wants, but due to his shaved bits he is
soon in if it's cold.

I was pretty sure that would be the case. Brrrr! What happened to my
coat?

I'm glad his lack of coat makes him come in quickly as I worry from the
moment he goes out until the moment he comes in again :-( I'll have to
learn to get over my fear and I'm sure I will, given time.

Did you ever get the posh collar on him? If so, there wouldn't be any
doubt he isn't a stray.

His own posh collar that he arrived with? I took it off when no-one claimed
him and I did make a lot of effort towards finding where he came from. It
was a seriously posh cost-a-lot collar which suggests he was well loved in a
previous home, but hey, if they cannot be bothered to get their teenage cat
neutered, he'll be off after the girls maybe too far to find his way home,
which is probably what happened to my Boykin, and it's their own fault that
they lost him. He is so lovely they are probably missing him still.
Too bad, he's mine now!

He always wears a reflective collar and he is microchipped but he looks so
awful atm with no fur on one side, he was shaved right up to his spine and
most of his back leg.
I have to trust him not to be caught by the KFC police, but actually there
is zero chance that will happen as no way in the world would he approach
anyone and even if they saw him there is no chance of them catching him.

I am the only person in the world that he seems to love & trust.

Tweed

Old February 8th 14, 09:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

He always wears a reflective collar and he is microchipped but he looks so
awful atm with no fur on one side, he was shaved right up to his spine and
most of his back leg.
I have to trust him not to be caught by the KFC police, but actually there
is zero chance that will happen as no way in the world would he approach
anyone and even if they saw him there is no chance of them catching him.

I am the only person in the world that he seems to love & trust.

Tweed

~~~~~~~
I am so glad to read all the good news about Boyfie.

A veterinarian--and even just the average person--should be able to tell
from a shaved area that he is recuperating from surgery. The fact that he
has a collar and microchip should also show that he has a home. I seriously
doubt if he would be treated as a stray or abandoned cat. Of course, I
understand why you worry during this period of time. I have sometime been
very worried when I could not find Duffy (just as I did in earlier days
about Holly), even though I knew they were in the house and probably just
sound asleep somewhere.

MaryL

Old February 8th 14, 09:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"MaryL" wrote in message

[...]

I know he is safe to go out and it will never happen again but it did happen
and I am scared every time he asks to go out just in case it does.
But he was so miserable when he was in because of his stitches that I have
to risk it, and now he is so happy going out when he wants to. Myself, I
nearly die with worry until he comes in safely but there is no reason to
expect he won't: and he does.
I never want to go through that night again.
Tweed

Old February 8th 14, 10:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"MaryL" wrote in message

[...]

Yes, I understand. We all worry about our furbabies, even when logic tells
us there is nothing wrong. In your case, you have the additional worry of
thinking about what happened to him recently. I won't even *try* to tell
you "not to worry" because I know from experience that that is useless
advice. Still, I wish you the very best and hope your worries will diminish
with time.

MaryL

Old February 9th 14, 02:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"MaryL" wrote in message

[...]

I wondered how he got back home with his injury. The vet nurse said that
cats get back to their houses with dreadful injuries, like smashed pelvises.
Anyway he got back here with a very serious injury and he was saved by a
midnight dash
Tweed

,

Old February 10th 14, 02:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_5_]

On 2014-02-08 4:29 PM, Christina Websell wrote:

His own posh collar that he arrived with? I took it off when no-one claimed
him and I did make a lot of effort towards finding where he came from. It
was a seriously posh cost-a-lot collar which suggests he was well loved in a
previous home, but hey, if they cannot be bothered to get their teenage cat
neutered, he'll be off after the girls maybe too far to find his way home,
which is probably what happened to my Boykin, and it's their own fault that
they lost him. He is so lovely they are probably missing him still.
Too bad, he's mine now!

It may be my imagination, but I think male cats are more likely to roam
off and get lost than female ones - actually, they're probably roaming
because they're searching for females. I'm certain my Sammy had a home
at one point; a good one, because he's always been so friendly and
affectionate with people he must have had good experiences with them as
a kitten. The people who gave him to me after they found him roaming in
their neighbourhood said they'd looked for his owner unsuccessfully, and
I didn't quite believe them, so I checked out all the usual local places
people report lost pets. I was also unable to find anyone who reported
missing a young adult tomcat. Maybe he hid in a car or truck and went
missing from some distant place. Maybe he'd been missing so long he
wasn't on the current lists. Maybe no one bothered looking, not even for
such a sweet cat.

Their loss, my gain.

--
Cheryl
Old February 11th 14, 12:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

On 2014-02-08 4:29 PM, Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

I agree. Boyfie is a gain for me. The vet asked me how he got his name
and I explained about KFC not allowing any other cats in her garden except
him so he must have been her boyfriend and how the name stuck.
He told me that young "teenage" male cats will travel miles looking for
girls if they are not neutered and then they get out of their familiar area
and cannot find their way home. I thought like you that Boyfie had got into
a van like you did with Sammy because no-one claimed him even though I
advertised him as a found cat. But the simple truth is that they both
wandered outside their own area and got lost because their original owners
couldn't be arsed to neuter them - and they deserved to lose Sammy &
Boyfriend.
Part of me is sorry for them that they lost him but it's their own fault.
The other part of me says "It serves you right and you missed out on the
most kind and gentle boy in the world" simply because you didn't give him
the snip.

Tweed

Old February 11th 14, 02:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Judith Latham" judith@sick-of-spam.
wrote:
cut a big hole in our clothes.

The RSPCA in Birmingham don't put an animal down after a week anymore,
they may have in the past (probably did) but I know that now if they are
having a difficulty finding a home for an animal, they sometimes send it
to another of their homes and try there.

Maybe they are better than they used to be when then used to electrocute
them, I got Trim just in time.
Maybe they have changed. I hope so. as it was them that paid for Kitty FC
to be put down when she wandered when I was in hospital, thanks a lot.