A Fun Play Session (pic)

Old August 28th 18, 07:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default A Fun Play Session (pic)

I wish I had a way to record it. Unfortunately I don't have a camera
built into my glasses and I'm busy dangling the toy.

Buffy and I just had a great play session! I've got a little carpeted
barrel with a cradle above it as a piece of cat furniture. Buffy
"inherited it" from Persia. Buffy immediately claimed it as her own.

Anyway, I got out the fishing wand toy with the little mousie on the
end. Oooh! She loves that!

After her jumping trying to catch it, then chasing it along the floor, I
dangled it around the ends of the kitty barrel. Up on the cradle. She
really tried by oops, not quite there. Can you catch the mousie?

It didn't take long to have her leaping through the barrel like a
trained circus cat. Got to catch the mousie! Then again, I was
flicking the mousie at the end of the fishing wire like a circus master. LOL

It's always fun and comical and oh my, is she tenacious! She really
wants that mousie! (I let her catch it a few times... then gently tug
it away from her to start the play again.)

Had a great play session. Now she's up on the cradle, taking it easy.

https://s22.postimg.cc/mxivc1rdd/buffy_cradle.jpg

Jill
Old August 30th 18, 07:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tina[_2_]

On 28/08/2018 19:55, jmcquown wrote:
[...]

It sounds like she had a great time. My two exotic Persian girls are
the first indoor cats I've ever had and I worry about them getting
bored. They have toys but hardly ever bother with them. I bought them
a new one last week, it's like a furry mouse on a 6 inch spring, they
are supposed to bat it, it's called a Kitty Swat. Not interested.

I dangle "fishes on a stick" in front of them. Not interested. I can
only assume that my exciting house is enough to allieviate the boredom
of being inside. They seem happy though.

Old August 31st 18, 08:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
joy

On 8/30/2018 11:06 AM, Tina wrote:
[...]

Have you tried a laser pointer? I found them at the Dollar Tree for -
you guessed it - a dollar. Pickles isn't interested, but Koala has to
have his red dot time every day.
Old August 31st 18, 09:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 8/31/2018 3:18 PM, joy wrote:
[...]

I'm not sure Tina has a Dollar Tree store available, but she should be
able to find a laser pointer.

Persia liked the laser pointer for a little while but she quickly
figured out she'd never catch the red dot. I tried it with Buffy but
she ignored it completely.

Jill
Old September 1st 18, 12:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
joy

On 8/31/2018 1:40 PM, jmcquown wrote:
On 8/31/2018 3:18 PM, joy wrote:
[...]

Yes, the react very differently. Pickles got very excited the first
time until she managed to put her paw on the red dot and saw it on the
back of her paw. She got disgusted and ignored it after that. Koala
knows it isn't real. He knows I'm the one who makes it happen, and he
recognizes the pointer. If I pick it up, he gets excited.
Old September 7th 18, 03:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bill Stock[_2_]

On Thursday, August 30, 2018 at 2:06:49 PM UTC-4, Tina wrote:
[...]

If you send your GPS coordinates, I'll point my laser across the pond. I just hope there are not any tall buildings in Shrewsbury; you're in Leicester as I recall. ˓˓ฅ₍˄ุ.͡ ̫.˄ุ₎ฅ˒˒
Old September 8th 18, 03:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tina[_2_]

On 07/09/2018 03:32, Bill Stock wrote:
[...]

Hahaha!
I'm assuming Shrewsbury is in a direct line from you to me, where do you
live? Btw as a matter of interest, every American I have known thinks
Leicester is pronounced Ly-cester. Be ahead of them and tell them it's
Lester ;-)
Old September 8th 18, 04:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tina[_2_]

On 31/08/2018 20:18, joy wrote:
[...]

No I haven't tried one, Joy, thanks for the suggestion. I'll try and
get one and see what they think of it.

Old September 9th 18, 04:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tigger[_2_]

On 8/31/2018 3:18 PM, joy wrote:
On 8/30/2018 11:06 AM, Tina wrote:
On 28/08/2018 19:55, jmcquown wrote:

her paw. She got disgusted and ignored it after that. Koala knows it
isn't real. He knows I'm the one who makes it happen, and he recognizes
the pointer. If I pick it up, he gets excited.

My cat - and dog - recognize the laser pointer. In fact, they recognize
the sound of the little keychain attached to it, so they know what to expect.