Changing the Sheets

Old October 11th 03, 04:00 PM
jmcquown

Default Changing the Sheets

I know you are familiar with this. Persia thinks changing sheets is a great
adventure! The minute I strip off the sheets she's up on the bare mattress,
exploring like it's new territory. I got out the fresh sheets and snapped
out the bottom one. Her eyes got huge. I said, "Scoot!"
She wouldn't budge. So of course I flipped the sheet out over her. She
wandered around under there for a moment. I pulled it back and she batted
at my hand. Hey, Persia, at least get on top of the dang thing! She did.

Then we had fun while I was trying to pull and tuck the fitted sheet in.
She thinks it's all a big game, of course!

I get the bottom sheet on. Okay, now the top sheet. She's staring with
great interest. "Persia, are you gonna move?" Nope. Once again, I snap it
out over her head and she starts walking around under there. I'm tucking it
in at the bottom of the bed and she's trying to pounce from under the sheet.
I'm giggling the whole time. Then again with the peeking and swatting. Her
eyes get huge (mostly pupils!); she's in stalking mode. SWAT! We go
through the same routine, me coaxing her on top of the sheet, her playing
attack cat. I finally get that one on and tucked in. (What a chore!) Uh
oh, now the blanket... ROFL

I can only *imagine* what this is like for you folks with multiple cats.

Jill

Old October 11th 03, 04:05 PM
Victor M. Martinez

jmcquown wrote:
I can only *imagine* what this is like for you folks with multiple cats.

Yeah... you try making the bed with at least 6 cats wanting to play hide
and seek on the sheets as you try to make the bed...
It's very entertaining...

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv

Old October 11th 03, 05:58 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

Lizzie plays that game sometimes. sometimes she likes it soooo much that
when I'm all done, she will climb onto the bed UNDER the
sheets/cover/bedspread, and stalks whatever other cats happens to jump up ON
the bed for a nap.

--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Old October 11th 03, 07:10 PM
Jo Firey

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

This may be one reason Charlie insists the cats be allowed out. He make sure Jake is
out when he changes the sheets. Jake seems to have some homing sense where fresh
sheets are concerned. One they are done we open the door and Jake arrives from
wherever he has been to claim rights of first roll. (And gets heartily ****ed off if
Rosie is already under the covers.)

I've discovered that Rosie isn't really as totally affectionate as I first thought.
She is just a cold blooded little cat. Skinny show Siamese with very short fur. She
loves anyone or anything warm.

Jo

Old October 11th 03, 07:36 PM
Hopitus2

Thank God only the fat Blind Terrorist Rowdy wants to play hide-and-seek
when beds are made here. All I need to do to get rid of him then is to grab
him and kiss his face, which he hates! The girls have never been interested
in bed-making, only the soft bed to pillow their plump bods.

"Jo Firey" wrote in message
: ...
:

Old October 11th 03, 10:34 PM
Brenda

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

the more cats you have, the longer it takes to change the bed.
Brenda

Old October 12th 03, 07:13 AM
LOL

"jmcquown" wrote in message .. .
[...]

LOL! All our sheets have claw holes, thanks to all Mikey's *help*.
He loooves to help me change the sheets, so I try to do it while he's
asleep or outside.

------
Krista