KITTY LITTER DUST

Old January 30th 08, 01:17 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.misc
Upscale

Default KITTY LITTER DUST!

"DanS" wrote in message

I may have to try this because the Scoop Away I currently use is WAY
too dusty.

I'm not sure that it's available where you are, but here in Canada, I use
Maxx Scoop. It's almost dust free and has superb odour control.

Old January 31st 08, 03:02 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.misc
dgk

On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 16:29:05 -0500, DanS
wrote:

In article , Bob
wrote:

I use this one. It claims to be 99% dust free and I find the claim to be
true.

I may have to try this because the Scoop Away I currently use is WAY
too dusty.

Thanks!

Oh, Scoop Away SUCKS. Big time. I don't know if they changed the
formula or something but I told my SO the other day to remind me NEVER
to get Scoop Away again. I use Tidy Cat and Arm and Hammer and some
other brands carried by Target, but Scoop Away should come with a free
air cleaner.
Old January 31st 08, 03:03 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.misc
dgk

On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 12:55:50 -0500, "Bob" wrote:

I use this one. It claims to be 99% dust free and I find the claim to be
true.
http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...amily&keepsr=1

I'd like to try that but deliver is a problem for me. I really need
something that I can get directly.
Old February 3rd 08, 02:26 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.misc
DanS

In article
,
wrote:

I'd thought about doing something like that, or stirring it around in
the litterbox while waving the vacuum cleaner hose over it to suck up
the dust.- Hide quoted text -

Try adding good old Borax

What does Borax do for kitty litter dust?
Old February 3rd 08, 06:29 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.misc
cybercat

"DanS" wrote in message
In article
,
wrote:

I'd thought about doing something like that, or stirring it around in
the litterbox while waving the vacuum cleaner hose over it to suck up
the dust.- Hide quoted text -

Try adding good old Borax

What does Borax do for kitty litter dust?

And what does it do to cats when they ingest it?

Old February 7th 08, 05:18 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.misc
kuhnfucius

I use the "close spaces" tidy cat. This is a more expensive liter and not
all stores in my area carry this specific type of Tidy Cat, but as far as
dust is concerned it is one of the best that I have tried (not saying that I
have tried all brands). I was disappointed with arm & hammer's liter
because of dust.
Close Spaces granules seem to be larger than other types and my pride's feet
seem to carry them all over the place ....
"cybercat" wrote in message
.. .

"DanS" wrote in message
In article
,

Old March 5th 08, 08:01 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.misc
maxwell

"Dennis" wrote in message
Just became a cat owner a few months ago and thought I had done all my
homework on the pros and cons of owning a cat, but there's always
something you miss. In my case, it's the dust from the kitty litter that
has settled over everything in my home. Is there anything that can be done
to eliminate this most annoying problem. And before you even think of it,
I ALREADY OWN A FEATHER DUSTER AND VACUUM CLEANER
Dennis

This one:
http://www.naturesearth.com/
(I use the pelletized one)
Not only do you have no more clay dust, but the pine wood compressed flake
pellets break down into a coarse enough 'saw dust' in the pan over several
days, that doesn't get tracked even a fraction as much as clay, and never
breaks down to fine airborne dust, and also provides a natural deodorizer of
urine--this makes for far less changing of the litter (other than scooping
turds).
Two cats peeing in a good-sized pan with a bit over an inch of this poured
initially will need over a week of usage before odor of urine becomes
apparent.
Also, as the volume is much greater by weight, the ~$10 per 20 pound bag
works out not so costly as one might think. Roughly, it's equivalent to over
well 3 times the usage per pound as the clay, perhaps more. By my estimate,
I get six fills, more than six weeks, from the 20 pound bag. I've been using
it for many years now--it's really the best.
-maxwell

Old March 10th 08, 03:31 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.misc
Granby

Hello Kyla, fancy seeing you here. was wondering over he cat groups.
"Kyla =^..^=" wrote in message
. ..

"Matthew" ...

"DanS" ,

Matthew

"DanS" In article

Kyla%
wrote:

Kitty Litter dust can be harmful to humans as well..
we have 4 cats and now use one that is 99% dust free...

I've used litters that are supposedly 99% dust free and still feel
like
I'm in Pigpen's dust cloud when I fill the litter box. Can anyone
recommend a brand of scoopable that really is low on dust??

Dan

In another group Phil had an idea take the litter outside and shift
it
back and forth betweeen containers till the dust is out

I'd thought about doing something like that, or stirring it around in
the litterbox while waving the vacuum cleaner hose over it to suck up
the dust.

You could also add a hepa filter machine by it will collect the dust and
smells

Hmmmmmmm, I have one of those, but I also wear a face mask and spray a
Lysol air germ killer before I enter the catbox room...that helps too.
Kyla%b

Old March 12th 08, 10:53 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.misc
Bob

"Dennis" wrote in message
Thanks blkcatgal, I'll look that brand up on the web

"blkcatgal" wrote in message
I recently started using the World's Best Cat Litter. It's made from corn
(I think) and has less dust than some of the other types of litters. And
it clumps pretty good too.

S.
---

--