Jill Update from Jill (OT)

Old July 23rd 08, 01:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Default Jill Update from Jill (OT)

"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
Yes, it's me. Yes, I was in the hospital. Yes, Matthew, I was posting in
the wee hours of Saturday morning (7/12) because I was so uncomfortable I
couldn't sleep. By 11AM I was in the emergency room, having been whisked
off by ambulance. I couldn't stand up, much less drive myself to the
hospital. And Mom, bless her, was too freaked out to even think about
driving. Here I'm supposed to be acting as her caregiver and I wind up in
the hospital *again*! NOTE: the doc says even if I'd stayed in the
hospital the first time around for a day or two it probably wouldn't have
made any difference.

Diagnosis: perforated colon. I was on heavy duty IV antibiotics, IV
fluids and a LOT of pain medication. Two shots of morphine in the ER
didn't do it. They had to give me something that practically knocked me
out. Gradually I was able to eat soft foods withouth a problem and they
removed the drain (which was more uncomfortable than anything after a
couple of days). Long story short, I'm back home now, still on heavy-duty
antibiotics and a strict diet. Do I feel like cooking? No. Do I have to?
Yes. Dammit!

Welcome back and please take care of yourself. I doubt if you'll get a lot
of sympathy from Persia as she is on her own limiting diet, but I know
she'll love on you and take good care of you anyway. My love and sympathy
for you, Persia, John, and your Mom.

Pam S

Old July 23rd 08, 03:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

jmcquown wrote:
[...]

I have to see the surgeon for more tests next week. I'm going to be
scheduled for laproscopic surgery to remove part of my colon (oh joys!)
but hopefully we've caught it soon enough a colostomy won't be
necessary. There's still a chance of that; I was told not to be
discouraged if this comes back before we can schedule my surgery and it
might lead to a temporary colostomy.

John left on June 30th. He was with me for the trip and also is the one
who took me to the emergency room. But he had to get back home.
Wouldn't have mattered; there wasn't anything he really could have done
by still being here. And yes, I contacted the neighbor and got someone
to take care of her kitties.

I was more worried about Mom and Persia than anything else. Mom
assurred me she was taking care of herself, eating and taking her meds
(ha!). I do know she was feeding Persia. I had the foresight to unplug
Persia's Drinkwell fountain; I knew Mom couldn't lift it let alone clean
it out.

Mom made attempts at litterbox scooping. I'll have to give it a good
washing today. This is the only time in my life I've been able to walk
into a room and it screamed CAT!!! Mom just wasn't able to scoop all
the clumped stuff way down deep. I'll take it outside and fill it with
dish soap and give it a good squirt with the hose; it's about all I'm
capable of. I'm very tired.

Purrs to all who need them. A few continuing purrs for myself wouldn't
hurt I'm not out of the woods yet.

Jill

Purrs coming your way from here.

Sam, supervised by Mistletoe
Old July 23rd 08, 04:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

jmcquown wrote:
Purrs to all who need them. A few continuing purrs for myself wouldn't
hurt I'm not out of the woods yet.

We're sending you lots and lots of purrs.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old July 23rd 08, 05:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
GaDragonfly

jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Purrs x 6 con the way that you are feeling better really soon.
Julie, Hobbes, Lacey, Sam, Barnabus, Rosco and Meeka
Old July 23rd 08, 06:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 09:34:03 -0400, "jmcquown"
wrote:

I hope things go well for you.

Purrs for your surgery to be minor, with no complications.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

Old July 23rd 08, 11:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"jmcquown" wrote in message

[...]

Welcome back and please look after yourself. Your staff (Persia) need you.

Yowie

Old July 24th 08, 05:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Suz

On Jul 22, 4:23�pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message

. ..

Yes, it's me. �Yes, I was in the hospital.

So glad to hear from you, you had me worried. �Many purrs you improve soon
and surgery will not be necessary.

Tweed

Welcome home Jill, take care of yourself. Spicey is sending recovery
purss.
Suz&Spicey
Old July 29th 08, 10:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

jmcquown wrote:
Yes, it's me. Yes, I was in the hospital. Yes, Matthew, I was posting
in the wee hours of Saturday morning (7/12) because I was so
uncomfortable I couldn't sleep. By 11AM I was in the emergency room,
having been whisked off by ambulance. I couldn't stand up, much less
drive myself to the hospital. And Mom, bless her, was too freaked out
to even think about driving. Here I'm supposed to be acting as her
caregiver and I wind up in the hospital *again*! NOTE: the doc says
even if I'd stayed in the hospital the first time around for a day or
two it probably wouldn't have made any difference.

Diagnosis: perforated colon. snip
Jill

Lots and lots of purrs,
Polonca and Soncek

Jill update rb Cat anecdotes 11 August 21st 08 01:32 AM
Jill Jofirey Cat anecdotes 4 July 21st 08 06:47 AM
Jill update/Contact info? Magic Mood Jeep © Cat anecdotes 0 July 16th 08 12:58 AM
jill update rb Cat anecdotes 9 July 15th 08 04:15 AM
Update for Jill Magic Mood Jeep Cat anecdotes 16 February 17th 08 01:36 AM