Answerz

Old November 4th 07, 07:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sylvia M

Default Answerz

Ofcourse the group has *evolved* over the years, possibly as some
of the membership has *changed*, but the understructure ...that seems
to have been there, helping the community to have *understructure* for
lack of a better word has been what helps keep the community together.

Those who come back for the Ball, for Kissamouse, for checking, in the
ways I have been taking for granted, they are like the angels who watch
over us. I'm getting gushy..sigh

Where I seem to be going with this is that we learn from history, from each
other, that everyone is important to the community in different ways, and
that it's important that some things, the foundation, the walls, the roof of
a building stay the same as much as possible, while the occupants, paint,
carpets, accessories change. The building thus evolves. We should expect
things to evolve, but change for the sake of change doesn't make sense to
me,
it's like throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

IMO,
Sylvia

"Me" wrote in message
Cory,

It's very interesting to see the statistics for "my" group (this is the
only one I regularly read on Usenet now, there used to be many).

I think part of the impetus for change has been the web - there are so
many more "community" options available now, back in the late 90s Usenet
and a few other mailing lists were the only options. Now there are forums
everywhere, they are easy to set up and easy to maintain.

But this group is special to many of us. My original kitties (Binkley,
Opus and Frieda) are all now at the Bridge, they were the original posters
in the late 90s for me.

When they were sick, or went to the Bridge, this was just about the only
place that I could go for some support and understanding. Nobody
understands how much you miss your kitty, except another lover of cats.

This group will continue to change, and like everything else, we'll
remember the good 'ol days.

But meanwhile, I shall certainly continue to enjoy the adventures, balls,
and relationships in rpcc.

Julie

Old November 4th 07, 10:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sylvia M

When dummeowmee said *understructure*, hur should have said
*infrastructure*.

Unka Cory hewlpt say it rite:

INFRASTRUCTU

1: the underlying foundation or basic framework (as of a system or
organization)

2: the permanent installations required for military purposes

3: the system of public works of a country, state, or region; also : the
resources (as personnel, buildings, or equipment) required for an
activity

P2nyaAKA Sweetee

Old November 4th 07, 11:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Will in New Haven

On Nov 4, 2:39 pm, "Sylvia M" wrote:
[...]

I don seee much wrong bout frowing a baby, iff it issa baby HOOMIN,
out wif da baffwatter. Hoomins issa dim a duzzen andey caus lots
trubble for us kitteez. Sum of dem, aneeewey. Uncl Bill WAFFED at mee
wen I falled offda table. I din' reely fall. I JUMPD funny.

MIssy, Hisser at Hoomins

--

"Never play cards with a man called Doc.
Never eat at a place called Mom's.

IMO,
Sylvia

Old November 4th 07, 11:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Me

Missy, pleeze bee kareful were yu fall. Ize gab meowmie a hart attak, so
she sayz, two dayz ago. Ize was walking on da railing upstairs, an den
Booker jumped at me an ize started to fall ofer da railing. Den wen
meowmie saw me ize waz hangin ofur da stares by my front 2 pawz. Ize
climbed up but she waz furry furry upset cuz datz a long way down.

Chappy

Hoomin note: I'm surprised he got back up, since he carries so much
weight on the back half, which is why we tend to call him Wide Body.

Old November 6th 07, 01:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
The Clowder

Will in New Haven wrote:

I don seee much wrong bout frowing a baby, iff it issa baby HOOMIN,
out wif da baffwatter. Hoomins issa dim a duzzen andey caus lots
trubble for us kitteez. Sum of dem, aneeewey. Uncl Bill WAFFED at mee
wen I falled offda table. I din' reely fall. I JUMPD funny.

MIssy, Hisser at Hoomins

Wuz it toe tuffts, ma'am?
I haff had problims wiff toe tuffts.
A cuppul ov times, I slid rite offa da offur side ov da taybull wenn I
jumpd up.
Toe tuffts ar slippurry.
Yu lurrn dis da hard way.

Azad
--
Remove the first m to reply
Old November 6th 07, 05:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Ellie

"The Clowder (South)" wrote in message
Will in New Haven wrote:

I don seee much wrong bout frowing a baby, iff it issa baby HOOMIN,
out wif da baffwatter. Hoomins issa dim a duzzen andey caus lots
trubble for us kitteez. Sum of dem, aneeewey. Uncl Bill WAFFED at mee
wen I falled offda table. I din' reely fall. I JUMPD funny.

MIssy, Hisser at Hoomins

Wuz it toe tuffts, ma'am?
I haff had problims wiff toe tuffts.
A cuppul ov times, I slid rite offa da offur side ov da taybull wenn I
jumpd up.
Toe tuffts ar slippurry.
Yu lurrn dis da hard way.

Azad