Pics, pix, pickshures...

Old August 7th 08, 05:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Default Pics, pix, pickshures...

tanadashoes wrote:

I'm glad that FranknNikki's rosebush is not only doing well but growing by
leaps and bounds. The owners would be pleased.

I love how it sems to bloom more and more for each year. Last year, it
looked like parts of it was dying, but it was just because of the
drought. Now it's healthy again.

Caliban is a goof. Those pictures of him laying on surfaces with those
putty paws of his draped out in front of him are so funny and cute. I can
see why you say he makes you laugh. Emil is a big kitty, as is Caliban.
Your Island is so pretty and would be a great place to visit.

I'd love to have you visit.

Old August 7th 08, 05:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez[_2_]

On Aug 7, 11:37*am, Marina wrote:
Yes, I am, but I didn't show in any of the pictures. You might have
mistaken my eldest sister for me.

Ooops... I couldn't really see the face, I did not know there were two
silver beauties in your family.

Great pictures, I enjoyed them a whole lot.

Cheers.

Victor

Old August 7th 08, 06:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Victor Martinez wrote:
Ooops... I couldn't really see the face, I did not know there were two
silver beauties in your family.

Gosh darn it. blush

If you want to know who the people in the pictures are, look at my reply
to Joyce upthread.

Old August 7th 08, 08:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Marina wrote:

tanadashoes wrote:

I'm glad that FranknNikki's rosebush is not only doing well but growing by
leaps and bounds. The owners would be pleased.

I love how it sems to bloom more and more for each year. Last year, it
looked like parts of it was dying, but it was just because of the
drought. Now it's healthy again.

It's beautiful!

--
Joyce ^..^

Old August 8th 08, 12:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=`

I loved all the pictures..
Thank you SO much for sharing. I have them marked under my Favorites',
Hug
Kyla
"Marina"
Loads of pictures from our island holiday. The 'Pink toesises' picture
shows how their toes dry out and even crack a bit when they go outside,
but they will soon be pink and smooth again.

The 'After the storm' pictures were taken on the evening after we'd had
some 24 hours of storms and storm warnings. The weather station closest to
the island reported 26 m/s winds (I don't know what unit of measurement
you people use for wind velocity, but I see that this is about 58 mph).
The storm was quite spectacular, but I was happy that we didn't need to go
anywhere in our little boat.

There's a series of Caliban and Emil making half-hearted attempts to get
to know each other, then ignoring each other. Another series of Caliban
investigating the House Martin nest under the dock...

http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o...Island%202008/

Old August 8th 08, 04:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Marina wrote:
Loads of pictures from our island holiday. The 'Pink toesises' picture
shows how their toes dry out and even crack a bit when they go outside,
but they will soon be pink and smooth again.

The 'After the storm' pictures were taken on the evening after we'd had
some 24 hours of storms and storm warnings. The weather station closest
to the island reported 26 m/s winds (I don't know what unit of
measurement you people use for wind velocity, but I see that this is
about 58 mph). The storm was quite spectacular, but I was happy that we
didn't need to go anywhere in our little boat.

There's a series of Caliban and Emil making half-hearted attempts to get
to know each other, then ignoring each other. Another series of Caliban
investigating the House Martin nest under the dock...

http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o...Island%202008/

Wonderful pictures, Marina! Thanks for sharing. Miranda seems to
always be the lady while Caliban looks to be searching for some mischief
to get into.

Sam, supervised by Mistletoe
Old August 8th 08, 05:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

On Thu, 07 Aug 2008 09:36:08 +0300, Marina
wrote:

Loads of pictures from our island holiday. The 'Pink toesises' picture
shows how their toes dry out and even crack a bit when they go outside,
but they will soon be pink and smooth again.

The 'After the storm' pictures were taken on the evening after we'd had
some 24 hours of storms and storm warnings. The weather station closest
to the island reported 26 m/s winds (I don't know what unit of
measurement you people use for wind velocity, but I see that this is
about 58 mph). The storm was quite spectacular, but I was happy that we
didn't need to go anywhere in our little boat.

There's a series of Caliban and Emil making half-hearted attempts to get
to know each other, then ignoring each other. Another series of Caliban
investigating the House Martin nest under the dock...

http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o...Island%202008/

I always love seeing pictures of Miranda and Caliban, but ESPECIALLY on
the island.

I can still remember when I first started lurking here on RPCA, and
reading about Frank and Nikki's marvelous adventures on the island.

Since I had a tuxedo kitty, at that time, too, I was especially
interested in pics and stories about the wonderful Frank and Nikki.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

Old August 8th 08, 06:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Marina wrote:

Second pictu L-R my nephew, my niece, my middle sister (haha! I
caught her eating!).

Oops! L-R *our mum*, nephew, niece, middle sister.

Old August 8th 08, 07:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Marina wrote:

first pictu L-R my cousin
Berit, Ben's son Erik, Ben's and Berit's stepmom Kaisa, and my cousin
Ben (he was one of my best friends growing up and we got into a lot of
mischief on the island every summer. He lives in the US now and doesn't
visit Finland that often, so it was great to see him and reminisce about
our childhood).

He looks like the type - someone you could have a lot of fun with. He
has a very friendly face.

Second pictu L-R my nephew, my niece, my middle sister (haha! I
caught her eating!).

Is this the niece who takes all those great food pictures? Your sister in
that picture looks like you, but with longer, darker hair. (At least from
what I remember of photos you've shown of yourself.)

Fourth pictu L-R eldest sister, Kaisa, Berit, half of Erik.

The picture of your oldest sister is who I thought might be you, but
I wasn't sure.

Thanks for saying who everyone is. You've talked enough about your family
that I was curious. I don't think you've discussed everyone who was in
those photos, but it was nice to put faces to your mom, sisters, niece
and cousin Ben.

Caliban is such a goofball. He always looks like he takes himself very
seriously, but he's in some weird position or location, or has a funny
look on his face.

He does seem to take himself deadly serious, which is why he always
makes me laugh. Miranda, OTOH, obviously has a sense of humour. Quite
wicked humour sometimes.

Yet she always looks very dignified. Pretty much the opposite of Caliban.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old August 8th 08, 02:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

wrote:
Marina wrote:

first pictu L-R my cousin
Berit, Ben's son Erik, Ben's and Berit's stepmom Kaisa, and my cousin
Ben (he was one of my best friends growing up and we got into a lot of
mischief on the island every summer. He lives in the US now and doesn't
visit Finland that often, so it was great to see him and reminisce about
our childhood).

He looks like the type - someone you could have a lot of fun with. He
has a very friendly face.

Second pictu L-R my nephew, my niece, my middle sister (haha! I
caught her eating!).

Is this the niece who takes all those great food pictures?

Yes, this is she. Not to forget all the great cat pictures. Kira's,
Kasper's and Emil's Meowmie.

Your sister in
that picture looks like you, but with longer, darker hair. (At least from
what I remember of photos you've shown of yourself.)

whispers Her hair's gone grey, too, but she dyes it.

Miranda, OTOH, obviously has a sense of humour. Quite
wicked humour sometimes.

Yet she always looks very dignified. Pretty much the opposite of Caliban.

Oh, I thought this one was pretty funny, though still dignified. Overly
dignified, in fact. As in 'get that blasted camera out of my face.'

http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=IMG_1020.jpg

Two new pics Adrian A Cat anecdotes 10 May 25th 07 10:40 PM
More pics! Susan M Cat anecdotes 8 April 25th 07 10:48 PM
More pics Susan M Cat anecdotes 13 February 8th 07 09:24 PM
A few pics Adrian Cat anecdotes 22 June 10th 05 06:04 AM
Pics Marina Cat anecdotes 45 June 16th 04 10:03 PM