products similar to habikat

Old June 8th 04, 12:43 AM
Diane

Default products similar to habikat

Dear all,

I am thinking of getting a habikat for my indoor kitties, before I do
has anyone seen any similar products available (I'd like to comparison
shop before I indulge)

Thanks in advance for any thoughts...

Diane
Old June 8th 04, 12:58 AM
Cheryl

In the fine newsgroup "alt.cats", Cheryl
artfully composed this message within
on 07 Jun 2004:

The parts that come in
contact with the window frame shouldn't be so ridid.

Err, that should have said "rigid".

--
Cheryl

Old June 10th 04, 05:39 AM
Diane

Cheryl wrote in message ...
In the fine newsgroup "alt.cats", (Diane) artfully
composed this message within
. com on 07 Jun
2004:

Dear all,

I am thinking of getting a habikat for my indoor kitties, before
I do has anyone seen any similar products available (I'd like to
comparison shop before I indulge)

Thanks in advance for any thoughts...

Diane

The habikat sucks. It should be designed less curved, because it
lets in a lot of outside air. And insects. The parts that come in
contact with the window frame shouldn't be so ridid. Another defect
is the plastic "windows"; they really should be something that
won't curl or buckle when weather conditions change. I have one,
and one day I noticed that the plastic (or plexiglass) windows
weren't flush with the inside part (held in place with only
adhesive strips) and when the plexiglass curled inward a bit, it
left enough of an opening that one of my cats could have pulled it
off enough to get outdoors. In the time I've had it, I've removed
it in the summer, and in the winter. I won't put it back in at all
now. If I were to do something like this again, I'd design one
myself.

rut roh... I post my question and the next night habikat seems to have
gone out of business! Good thing I decided to post here before
submitting my credit card information..

I've seen a similar product called the kittyview which retails for
about double the price.. has anyone had any experience with this
product?

Once again, thank you for any thoughts...

Diane