Serious Cat Question

Old August 6th 05, 10:29 PM
The Dead Man In Yossarian's Tent

Default Serious Cat Question

My cat is 14 months old. Just this week he has started to lick his crotch
region more than usual. From there it got worse and he now claws in that
area, as if he has an itch. He was neutered near birth, and this is the
first time I have ever even seen his penis. I can't tell if this is because
of an itch, or a newfound love of doing whatever it is he's doing.

At any rate, he is a cat that mostly lives on a screened-in back porch, and
it inside about one quarter of the time. Does this sound like jock itch,
and if so, what can be done for him?

Please, send the joke responses to dev.nul.

Thank you for any help.

Old August 6th 05, 10:40 PM

The Dead Man In Yossarian's Tent wrote:
My cat is 14 months old. Just this week he has started to lick his crotch
region more than usual. From there it got worse and he now claws in that
area, as if he has an itch. He was neutered near birth, and this is the
first time I have ever even seen his penis. I can't tell if this is because
of an itch, or a newfound love of doing whatever it is he's doing.

Excessive licking of the genital area in cats is a symptom of urinary
tract infection. Another one is urinating outside the box, but not
always of course. You might get him checked by a vet.

Sherry

Old August 7th 05, 12:47 AM
Ellen S via CatKB.com

Definitely get him to the vet. It's very likely urinary tract infection,
which like the previous post said, can be deadly in male cats.

Old August 7th 05, 01:13 AM

"Ellen S via CatKB.com" wrote in message
Definitely get him to the vet. It's very likely urinary tract infection,
which like the previous post said, can be deadly in male cats.

He is still urinating, drinking and eating. But thank you for the advice,
I'm definitely getting him to the vet.