Feral kittens not really scared but..

Old October 10th 03, 05:50 PM
m. L. Briggs

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 08:00:26 -0500, Ted Davis
wrote:

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 04:47:34 GMT, "Iso" wrote:

ISO's constant use of the word "feline" when refering to kitties should be a
huge clue to the mentality here. S/h/it doesn't get it.

I'm sorry if my lexicon supersedes your terminology. However, when you
disagree with anyone, do don't have to disrespectfully disagree. That really
shows your character! Just so, you know CHERYL, the term that you loosely
throw around KITTY, holds no merit for your disagreement. Kitty is actually
A pool of money, especially one to which a number of people have contributed
for a designated purpose, like of a portion of each pot in a poker game.
Moreover, just a little DID YOU KNOW for CHERYL, Felidae is actually
redirected from Feline. Furthermore, ALL cats are members of the family
Felidae, but just so you know CHERYL, it is actually Felis silvestris catus.
NOT KITTY. There is a difference to the remainder of the world. The term cat
most commonly means a domestic cat, although it can also be used to refer to
the other members of the feline family. For example, lions, tigers, jaguars
and the like are often referred to as the big cats. THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE!
AND the next time you post something, press the F7 key.

"Here feline, feline, feline! Feline, feline, feline - come and get
your supper - here feline, feline, feline!"

Yeah, sure - even most ferals know that they are called 'kitties', but
I've never know any cat that instinctively responded to 'feline', or
anything else but 'kitty'. We call them 'kitties' because that is
what they want to be called.

On a linguistic note, 'kitty' is a diminutive of 'kitten' when applied
to cats.

T.E.D. )

Ever heard of a "cat fight"?
Old October 11th 03, 05:24 AM
Cheryl

In om,
Iso composed with style:
[...]

Huh?

"Cheryl" wrote in message
In ,
composed with style:

I suggest you stop posting, lurk for awhile and LEARN. I've seen
what you've written so far and you're not doing cats any favors.

Old October 11th 03, 05:27 AM
Cheryl

Iso, why didn't you have any words of wisdom to say to this post?

In ,
Cheryl composed with style:
In ,
Iso composed with style:

You are correct, the younger the kitten the better.

That depends.

Just remember
that if you decide to take in these kittens it's a lifetime
decision.

That is not true. They can be taken in as foster cats. To find the
onetruehome.

You will from now on control their universe. You will
control everything from feeding time to play time. You need to
consider taking them to the vet

Consider?? If they are taken in it is a neccessity.

to be checked up and given their
shots. You also need to think about if you want to have them
neutered/castrated

Again, a neccessity. Whether they are kept as pets or fostered
until they are found a onetruehome they need to be neutered. It
can be done as young as 8 wks, or 2 lbs.

and declawed (although it's considered inhumane
in some areas).

Eh? You are condoning declawing of these babies???

If you decide that you don't want the cat's you
need to turn them over to the Humane Society or a No Kill Shelter
as soon as possible.

They will be killed. No-kill shelters don't always mean that. They
mean "adoptable" cats will be either fostered or held in a cage for
a certain amount of time. Kittens who are feral are not considered
adoptable as a standard. A sanctuary is what I think you mean.

Kittens are predominantly adopted more than a
one year old cat,

Wrong. I've seen too many grow up to be unadoptable *cats* and then
they aren't wanted anymore than they were before they grew up.

which nobody wanted to begin with. Do the right
thing.

Which is have them vetted, shotted, neutered, fostered, hang up
signs with cute stories about them with pictures and a sad story
and find them their onetruehome.

Old October 11th 03, 05:21 PM
Iso

Exactly!

"Cheryl" wrote in message
In om,
Iso composed with style:

Old October 11th 03, 05:27 PM
Iso

Probably because what you are referring to in the post, I am only fifty
percent responsible for. The mumbled jargon which intertwines, I didn't
write.

Old October 11th 03, 05:27 PM
Iso

Probably because what you are referring to in the posting, I am only
responsible for fifty percent. The mumbled jargon which intertwines, I
didn't write. Furthermore, assuming the author does not want to keep the
cats, or they find that fostering the cats is not acceptable, what are they
to do? Not everyone shares your view of how best to handle the situation.
There is not just ONE correct way to handle this situation. It's up to the
caretaker of the cats to make the decision in this situation, not you or me.

Old October 12th 03, 05:30 AM
Cheryl

In ,
Iso composed with style:
Probably because what you are referring to in the posting, I am only
responsible for fifty percent. The mumbled jargon which
intertwines, I didn't write.

Well then quit top posting and the conversation might be a little
easier to follow.

Furthermore, assuming the author does
not want to keep the cats, or they find that fostering the cats is
not acceptable, what are they to do? Not everyone shares your view
of how best to handle the situation. There is not just ONE correct
way to handle this situation. It's up to the caretaker of the cats
to make the decision in this situation, not you or me.

Duh. I offered a personal experience. It is all we can do.

Old October 12th 03, 05:49 AM
Iso

Who contributed to this thread first, you or me? I haven't once countered
any post that you have contributed to any threads in any news groups. The
only time I have to retort is when you call me an idiot, or question my
logic. Granted we both have polar opposite experiences with kittens, and
cats you have to understand that there isn't always one way to deal with the
problems that arise. So regardless, of what you type or think of my
postings, I won't stop contributing. All I ask is that you figure out how to
find the spell check key and think before you type.

"Cheryl" wrote in message
In ,
Iso composed with style:

Old October 12th 03, 06:04 AM
Cheryl

In om,
Iso composed with style:
Who contributed to this thread first, you or me?

Who gives a ****?

So regardless, of what you type or think of my postings, I won't stop
contributing.

I didn't ask you to. I said, stop TOP posting. It confuses the
thread. If you post inline, or snip what you're not replying to,
there would be none of this confusion.

Old October 12th 03, 04:48 PM
Iso

The reason I keep TOP POSTING on your message, IS SO YOUR IGNORANT ASS CAN
SEE THAT I AM DIRECTING MY POST TO YOU! JACKASS! Go finish your debate
regarding "Liz's Food recommendations!"

"Cheryl" wrote in message
In om,
Iso composed with style: