kittens feeding alright, but still very hungry!!

Old October 12th 03, 02:00 AM
Aphrodite's Cat

Default kittens feeding alright, but still very hungry!!

I have Anwen in my lap (my blue kitten) and she's sleeping....... :'o)

My fosters have graduated from the bottle to lapping to mashed up solid food
with KMR. ) The local SPCA inspector babysat them on Friday when I was
out of town and fed them in a saucer. They've been doing that for 3 days.
Today, they started nibbling on my Alsatian's dogroll, so they've got
formula and mashed up kitten food.

They're now eating about every 4-6 hours (KMR with mashed up Whiskas kitten
wet food), but there are times when I have to give them food every 2 hours
because they're still hungry- high, incessant kitten whinging. They're
quite full when they're done the first time, but are still insisting on food
2 hours later. I fed them formulae at 9:30 and had to feed them again at
11:30.

Anyone have any ideas? Should I be feeding them more at one sitting or more
often? How much kitten food should I be adding to the formulae?

And one more question: seems like none of them have been defecating-
urinating quite a bit tho. Any thoughts on that? I saw a poop the first
night I had them and another one today, but none in between.
--
Aphrodite's Cat
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Old October 12th 03, 05:56 PM
Linda Terrell

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 01:00:07 UTC, "Aphrodite's Cat"
wrote:

[...]

Have you spoken with a Vet?

LT
Old October 13th 03, 04:40 AM
Aphrodite's Cat

This always happens to me: it seems like every time I say they're not doing
something, they all decide to do it at once. I ended up putting 3 of them
in my other cats' litter tray so they could poop.
It's a yucky mustard-orange colour, but it looks solid. Am bringing them to
the vet's next week to see if they're all healthy and gaining weight.

Kittens ended up not getting all the formulae that they needed- stupid me
wasn't mixing the right amount. | 100g to 500ml, not 100g to 250ml. I
could really hit myself sometimes.
--
Aphrodite's Cat