6 cats out of 12 - Newcomer, please be patient, gentle.

Old November 14th 18, 04:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bill Nak

Default 6 cats out of 12 - Newcomer, please be patient, gentle.

Oh yes, Kitten. I am owned by my oldest, Pirate, a black and white very
long haired tuxedo who is now 9. And Eddy, 8 years old. Eddy is a long
hair orange cat.

Both were adopted in June 2017 after my old boy Big Mooch went to the
Bridge.

Then came kittens EJ, who is also a long hair orangie and his half sister
Bebe, a very short hair buff colored kitty. They're about 15 months. We
got them after agreeing to fostering them in Sept 2017. Pi and Eddy took
them under their wing and got along fine so we ended up keeping them.

I love joy's response "This is one place where you don't even have to try to
explain." I've been here, off and on, mostly lurking since 2000. It is so
true!
--
bill n

"Kitten" wrote in message news
Thank you Bill.
Do you have any feline companions or other animal as companions?
Cats have always been my source of strength and my biggest weakness.
Babou was the little black cat who decided to choose me by settling in my
purse while I was visiting her temporary rescue home.
She was diagnosed with chronic renal failure, I considered selling our house
to travel to the US for a kidney transplant since such surgery is not
available where I reside, I would have welcomed and loved her donor brother
or sister.
Back then I was also still suffering immensely from the loss of my mother,
so many things made life so hard, but I had to consider my partner.
Years afterwards I still reckon losing Babou was as traumatic as losing my
mum, we had such a bond, so many stories together...
At bedtime she would scratch the duvet corner so I would lift it, she'd then
settle underneath with only her head poking out, and we would spoon for
hours.
I never regretted any sacrifice I made in the name of love for my cats, I
can't say the same for the sacrifices I made for humans.
Some bonds are hard to explain rationally.
"Bill Nak" wrote in message
Welcome! I don't post much but enjoy the stories!
--
bill n

"Kitten" wrote in message news
Hello Everyone,

I'm new here, thought I'd give it a try - need some cheering up, as much

as
the cats excell at this, some human comfort would be welcome too.
I am crazy about cats, all have been rescues, I can not fault them - the
only time I'm unhappy with them is when they fall sick.
So, at most I lived with 13 cats, 12 cats for years, time passes and now
I've got only 6 furry funny creatures keeping me company.
Anecdotes are plentyfull, where to start, maybe with my favourite boo
Kitten (one of his many nicknames) is a 10 year old ginger fat cat, the
youngest of the family, and we are co-dependant.
He joined the family accidently - first he was so sick when we found him

he
was not supposed to survived, then we thought we'd give him away but....
He got into this habit of *having* to sleep on my face - accross my face,

on
my cheek, any way he could, but if I moved he would sleep in my arms in

bed
or where his human's fidgeting would not interfere with his many snoozes.
Then I had to leave him for a week [funerals far away from home].
Our first night back home was different, the little darling monster must
have thought he was abandonned again, he *had* to sit accross my entire
face: I couldn't see, I couldn't move, I couldn't breath!
But this cat could not be moved, it's like he made himself as heavy as
possible [he hadn't reached his present 6kgs+ but still], as if he was
hanging on for dear life, "fighting" him about this seemed pointless and
almost cruel.
I now learnt how to position my face to have one nostril free to make us
both happy, I guess it was a matter of survival for both of us in a way.
We have our routine now, different positions depending if I'm lying on my
back or on my side...I can't tell if it's endearing, funny, pathetic or
else...
Regarless, we can't sleep without each other now and I've never had a

better
bed companion - no need for sleeping pills if I have a Kitten.
One of the downsides is my body seems to have associtated "Kitten on face"
with "must be very still and sleep".
So now, even if I'm not sleepy, after a few minutes of cat face cuddle, I
fall asleep, whether I need to get up or not....
Second and last concern, I've had to take another one of my other

companions
to bed with me now{HC-story for later if anyone's interested}, and she is
trying to copy him, as if "this must be the best place to sleep", but

she's
not as gracefull, she tries to climb my face as if it was some sort of
furniture (?), she has no problem trying to shove her foot in my mouth to
climb (oh yuk yuk yuk), she's clumsy and persistent AND Kitten will only
tolerate sharing *his* space if he has the prime spot - ie, all my face

but
one cheek where HC is happy to reside eventually..
All you can see is a lump under the blankets and one (or two cats) where a
human head should be...
Crazy cats, crazy human...
Take care everyone, cats, humans and poorly humans: recover soon, I do not
know you but send you my best wishes for a prompt recovery.
Thank you for your patience with this human.

Update on our patient BfloPolska Cat anecdotes 1 December 25th 10 10:04 PM
The ever-patient Roadcat Daniel Mahoney Cat anecdotes 15 September 13th 08 10:45 PM
US cat 'predicts patient deaths' Adrian A Cat anecdotes 2 July 27th 07 12:49 AM
newcomer Marie Lawrence Cat anecdotes 9 September 1st 05 09:16 PM
Next patient badwilson Cat anecdotes 49 May 26th 05 06:47 PM