Skwirrel

Old November 15th 18, 04:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Skwirrel

On 11/14/2018 8:43 PM, joy wrote:
On 11/14/2018 1:45 PM, Dan Mahoney wrote:
On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 07:51:56 -0600, Kitten wrote:

Hehe, funny - sorry for your fingers.
I saw squirrel in the subject and thought of Rat, she also reminded
me of a
squirrel, I didn't know she had more in common with them than looks.
She also earnt some fame for missing the target, hands, fingers or
bowl, but
whether it was epilepsy related, simply poor vision or a combo of both,
can't be sure.
You'd hear this clunk sound and it was Rat going for nibbles and
grabbing
the side of the metal bowl instead...
Thanks for tidbit of info, I wouldn't have guessed.

Our squirrels are getting bolder. I worked from home yesterday (quite
a hardship, sitting on a comfortable couch with a grey kitty stretched
out on my lap) and in the early afternoon I started hearing the screen
door rattle. When I looked out the fron door there were no people
present, only squirrels. Apparently they have taken to scratching my
screen door when they want service.

A friend of mine used to give peanuts to the squirrels.* There was one
that would take the peanut from her hand.* If she wasn't out there with
the peanuts when he thought she should be, he'd climb on the kitchen
window sill and scratch on the screen to remind her.

When I lived in Tennessee I had a wooden glass fronted squirrel feeder
on the wooden fence that was around my patio. I'd fill it with dried
field corn. The greedy squirrels used to open the lid to get at the
corn. It was funny to hear them dropping the lid - thwack!

I don't mind squirrels. Raccoons are a whole 'nuther thing. They're
very destructive and have torn down more bird feeders than I can count.

Still, Buffy pays no attention to them or the birds. She's weird.

Jill