I guess everyone did flee to Facebook?

Old December 4th 18, 04:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default I guess everyone did flee to Facebook?

I've had problems with my cable modem since late last week. Now that I
can read RPCA again it appears no one is talking about anything. sigh

All I contribute is Buffy is happily playing with her toys and her golf
balls and other toys. Aside from not letting me set out a silk
flower arrangement without trying to eat it, things are fine here.

Jill
Old December 4th 18, 10:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 12/4/2018 1:46 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article ,
jmcquown wrote:
I've had problems with my cable modem since late last week. Now that I
can read RPCA again it appears no one is talking about anything. sigh

All I contribute is Buffy is happily playing with her toys and her golf
balls and other toys. Aside from not letting me set out a silk
flower arrangement without trying to eat it, things are fine here.

Jill

I haven't had chance to log in for a few days but I am here.

I smiled when I imagined the battle you had to make your flower
arrangement.

Sootie is now fully in winter mode and is happily sitting on the doorstep
outside the patio not knowing she's to be anti-flead tomorrow.

We had new interior doors three months ago but Sootie will not push them
open as she did the others. The doors are no heavier and surely by now
have begun so smell like home (I've even rubbed her blanket on the doors)
but she will sit outside a door and howl for as long as it takes for us to
open it for her. I'm going to try catnip rubbed on them tomorrow after
that I'm out of ideas. Any one got another idea?

Judith

Cats are so odd! I have no ideas about how to get Sootie used to the
new doors. Good luck.

Jill
Old December 4th 18, 10:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann

On 12/4/2018 4:17 PM, jmcquown wrote:
On 12/4/2018 1:46 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article ,
Â*Â*Â* jmcquown wrote:
I've had problems with my cable modem since late last week.Â* Now that I
can read RPCA again it appears no one is talking about anything. sigh

All I contribute is Buffy is happily playing with her toys and her golf
balls and other toys. Â* Aside from not letting me set out a silk
[...]

Cats are so odd!Â* I have no ideas about how to get Sootie used to the
new doors.Â* Good luck.

Jill

Have you tried showing her to push the door. I have to do that with the cat
flap in our bedroom door. I would push the flap open with a cat standing
in front of it to show it will move.

Ann
Old December 5th 18, 02:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Â*Â*Â* jmcquown wrote:
[...]

I had to show Buffy where the scratching post was so she wouldn't rip my
furniture to shreds. Maybe giving Sootie a visual about pushing open
the new doors would help. Cats seem to be a little resistant to changes.

Jill
Old December 6th 18, 09:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tina[_2_]

On 04/12/2018 15:08, jmcquown wrote:
I've had problems with my cable modem since late last week.Â* Now that I
can read RPCA again it appears no one is talking about anything. sigh

All I contribute is Buffy is happily playing with her toys and her golf
balls and other toys. Â* Aside from not letting me set out a silk
flower arrangement without trying to eat it, things are fine here.

Jill

I only went to Facebook when I couldn't get access to Usenet (thanks to
my ISP) I didn't exactly flee there! Then I found it was better, you
can post pics direct from a smartphone and most of our old friends are
there.
Buffy sounds like a real character, trying to stop you doing your flower
arrangement. Nelli, red tabbypoint exotic shorthair, started playing
with my shoelaces when I was trying to tie them and got one stuck on her
claw. She pulled, I pulled, couldn't get her claw released. I was
going out for the day so time was of the essence. I thought I might
have to abandon the shoes and use another pair, leaving her attached to
the lace all day, but fortunately she is very clever about untangling
her claws and she managed it in time for me to be collected to go out to
visit my niece who has started university 120 miles away.

I have Nelli and her litter sister, Garfie who is a red tabby. They are
7 years old and ex show cats. After I lost Boyfie, I fostered an
exotic, Wilbur. When he went home I decided I'd like an exotic myself,
they are very loving. However, these girls had to go together, so I got
them both. My first indoor only cats.

Old December 6th 18, 10:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 12/6/2018 3:08 PM, Tina wrote:
On 04/12/2018 15:08, jmcquown wrote:
I've had problems with my cable modem since late last week.Â* Now that
I can read RPCA again it appears no one is talking about anything. sigh

All I contribute is Buffy is happily playing with her toys and her
golf balls and other toys. Â* Aside from not letting me set out a
silk flower arrangement without trying to eat it, things are fine here.

Jill

I only went to Facebook when I couldn't get access to Usenet (thanks to
my ISP)Â* I didn't exactly flee there!Â* Then I found it was better, you
can post pics direct from a smartphone and most of our old friends are
there.

I understand it. My ISP doesn't care whether I'm connecting to Usenet.
Well, I don't have a smartphone. It's easy enough to use any of the
free photo hosting sites. Facebook is notorious for security problems.

Buffy sounds like a real character, trying to stop you doing your flower
arrangement.

She just wanted to eat it. LOL She reacts the same way with anything
that looks like a plant.

Â* Nelli, red tabbypoint exotic shorthair, started playing
with my shoelaces when I was trying to tie them and got one stuck on her
claw.Â* She pulled, I pulled, couldn't get her claw released.Â* I was
going out for the day so time was of the essence.Â* I thought I might
have to abandon the shoes and use another pair, leaving her attached to
the lace all day, but fortunately she is very clever about untangling
her claws and she managed it in time for me to be collected to go out to
visit my niece who has started university 120 miles away.

I have Nelli and her litter sister, Garfie who is a red tabby. They are
7 years old and ex show cats.Â* After I lost Boyfie, I fostered an
exotic, Wilbur.Â* When he went home I decided I'd like an exotic myself,
they are very loving.Â* However, these girls had to go together, so I got
them both.Â* My first indoor only cats.

I'm glad you adopted them. Happy holiday season!

Jill
Old December 8th 18, 06:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tina[_2_]

On 05/12/2018 13:01, Judith Latham wrote:
wrote:
[...]

I did that with the scratching post and she watched me on my knees
scratching the post and when I sat back for her to have a go she scratched
it like a professional and looked at me as if to say that's how to do it.

I have wondered if she just likes to get us to open it for her but she
does it when she's really desperate so who knows..... she's a cat.

Judith

I'd leave them just slightly ajar and after a while, more snugly into
the jamb so more firm pushing is needed, try that. I have the opposite
problem, the cats need to pull my door to go upstairs to one of their
litterboxes, it's Garfie's favoured one. Nelli can get the door open
easily, but she is bigger and heavier and doesn't mind using the
downstairs box. Garfie is not strong enough. I'm thinking of having a
cat door put in on the door to the stairs, as I have to keep it shut
during the winter as only the downstairs is warm. Or just insist Garfie
uses the downstairs box in the winter.
If Sootie can open the doors when she's desperate, that means she "can"
do it if she wants to, and I'd leave her to do it herself, tbh. She's
pulling your wire ;-)