OT-My Ghost is Back

Old January 26th 05, 07:27 PM
Bob M

Default OT-My Ghost is Back

All of you that have been here a while probably remember my stories
about my ghost in my old apartment. I was always a very skeptical person
and didn't believe in this stuff until it actually happened to me.
Back in May 2004 I moved to a new apartment just 2 buildings away from
my old one. My complex is built on an old massacre ground where 2
families of settlers were murdered by indians back in the 1800's. And
I'm not the only person to experience weird happenings in their apts.
So 2 weeks ago I get out of the shower. Both of my cats are outside on
the patio. It's a fairly warm Texas day so I don't have the A/C or the
heat on. And my windows are closed. As I enter my bedroom I see my
rocking chair moving back and forth as if someone is sitting in it. I'm
not talking just a little movement but a good old rocking session. I
just say to myself, "Cool" and go on about my business.
So that night the light in my bedroom closet gets turned on during the
night. This closet is right next to my rocking chair. I think that maybe
I just left the light on by accident. I do close the door and it was
still closed in the morning. So the next night I place a hand written
note on my main light switch in the bedroom to make sure the closet
light is off. I have to switch off the light with the note to go to bed.
I'll be damned if the next 3 mornings the light in the closet is back
on. The door was still closed. And it wasn't the cats because they don't
sleep in my bedroom with me. I keep the door closed so they can't come
in at night.
So the only conclusion I can come to is that my ghost is back. I have
never felt threatened by him and I still don't. Since I live alone I
look at him as my protector.
I know a while back I was asked to post any new ghost events that may
occur. So here you go.

Bob
Old January 26th 05, 07:46 PM
mlbriggs

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 12:27:02 -0600, Bob M wrote:

[...]

Suggestion: Have en electrician check your electrical circuits for shorts.
Any very small earthquakes in your vicinity lately?
The ground that this condo complex is built on raises and lowers with the
water table. When this happens the pictures on the wall become crooked.
MLB

Old January 26th 05, 07:48 PM
Margaret Fine

Bob M wrote:

[...]

Cool! Do you think it is the same person/spirit? And is it possible
that it isn't the place that causes the haunting but you? Meaning could
this be someone connected to you like a relative or something? I
believe my Mom causes some weird things to happen and has followed me
from North Carolina (where she never visited) to Maryland. In North
Carolina I was upset about something and said "I wish my Mom was
here..." and all of the sudden the hall light came on. Here I've had a
strange noise /light.

--
Margaret Fine

Old January 26th 05, 07:59 PM
jmcquown

Margaret Fine wrote:
Bob M wrote:

[...]

Or it could be a totally different spirit from the one in the old apartment,
regardless of the proximity.

In April, 1976 my grandmother died. My mom had been having problems with my
father and had been considering divorcing him for a long time. She told me
a couple of weeks after her mom died, she had what she thought was a dream
(but she wasn't really sure, and Mom just doesn't believe in stuff like this
so for her to mention it to me means it had a real impact). Her mother came
to her and said, "Chrissy, everything will be okay." It wasn't any time
later before my father said he needed to talk to my mom. He had finally
realized he had a drinking problem and quit. Grandma told my mom things
would be okay and they were.

Jill

Old January 27th 05, 03:25 AM
CatNipped

"Bob M" wrote in message
[...]

Kewl, but I would be *SO* freaked out by this!!!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old January 27th 05, 08:06 PM
Bob M

Margaret Fine wrote:

Bob M wrote:

[...]

I'm not really sure who it is. In my old apt. I could see the ghost in
a translucent form. It was a man wearing a long tan duster straight out
of the 1800's. I had 3 other people stay with me at different times and
they all described him the same way before I mentioned anything to them.
In my new apt. I haven't seen anyone yet.

Bob
Old January 27th 05, 08:07 PM
Bob M

jmcquown wrote:

[...]