Miss Lily Whiskers is so chuffed!

Old November 15th 06, 07:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Helen Miles

Default Miss Lily Whiskers is so chuffed!

Miss Lily Whiskers is very, very chuffed. You may remember that in July
when I was packing a parcel to send to my brother in Afghanistan, Miss
Lily Whiskers dropped her favourite yellow furry mousie in the box that
was being packed. Every time I took it out, she put it back in, so I
eventually just left it there and sent it to Afghanistan with a note
that said,

"Dear daddy, please bring my yellow mowsie home safely, love Lily".

Well, this evening while cuddling his baby girl, Jay suddenly produced
the yellow mowsie. Apparently, it has been all over Afghanistan in his
pocket, and today Lily got it back. She hasn't stopped playing with it
and she is currently curled up asleep with it. Everywhere she goes,
yellow mowsie goes too.

Lily is happy her dad is home safe, as am I. )

Helen M

Old November 15th 06, 07:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen AKA Kajikit

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 18:06:53 +0000 (UTC), "Helen Miles"
wrote:

Miss Lily Whiskers is very, very chuffed. You may remember that in July
when I was packing a parcel to send to my brother in Afghanistan, Miss
Lily Whiskers dropped her favourite yellow furry mousie in the box that
was being packed. Every time I took it out, she put it back in, so I
eventually just left it there and sent it to Afghanistan with a note
that said,

"Dear daddy, please bring my yellow mowsie home safely, love Lily".

Well, this evening while cuddling his baby girl, Jay suddenly produced
the yellow mowsie. Apparently, it has been all over Afghanistan in his
pocket, and today Lily got it back. She hasn't stopped playing with it
and she is currently curled up asleep with it. Everywhere she goes,
yellow mowsie goes too.

Lily is happy her dad is home safe, as am I. )

Helen M

Awwies! That's so sweet... I'm sure Jay appreciated his little
reminder of 'home'
Old November 15th 06, 07:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

Helen Miles wrote:
Miss Lily Whiskers is very, very chuffed. You may remember that in July
when I was packing a parcel to send to my brother in Afghanistan, Miss
Lily Whiskers dropped her favourite yellow furry mousie in the box that
was being packed. Every time I took it out, she put it back in, so I
eventually just left it there and sent it to Afghanistan with a note
that said,

"Dear daddy, please bring my yellow mowsie home safely, love Lily".

What a considerate kitty. Knowing that yellow furry mousies are not
found in Afghanistan, she sent one to her sent her only one to her
daddy.

Well, this evening while cuddling his baby girl, Jay suddenly produced
the yellow mowsie. Apparently, it has been all over Afghanistan in his
pocket, and today Lily got it back. She hasn't stopped playing with it
and she is currently curled up asleep with it. Everywhere she goes,
yellow mowsie goes too.

Lily is happy her dad is home safe, as am I. )

What a lovely tale. I will tell the gang at home, although the only one
who really appreciates toys is Bear, the d*g.

Will in New Haven

--

Helen M

Old November 15th 06, 07:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat

Lily is happy her dad is home safe, as am I. )

Helen M

Excellent. Great to hear he's back, safe, well and has looked after mousie
properly!

Cheers, helen s

Old November 15th 06, 07:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Helen Miles wrote:

Miss Lily Whiskers is very, very chuffed. You may remember that in July
when I was packing a parcel to send to my brother in Afghanistan, Miss
Lily Whiskers dropped her favourite yellow furry mousie in the box that
was being packed. Every time I took it out, she put it back in, so I
eventually just left it there and sent it to Afghanistan with a note
that said,

"Dear daddy, please bring my yellow mowsie home safely, love Lily".

Well, this evening while cuddling his baby girl, Jay suddenly produced
the yellow mowsie. Apparently, it has been all over Afghanistan in his
pocket, and today Lily got it back. She hasn't stopped playing with it
and she is currently curled up asleep with it. Everywhere she goes,
yellow mowsie goes too.

Lily is happy her dad is home safe, as am I. )

I do remember that story. I thought it was the cutest thing.

That's a *very* special yellow mousie. First, it was Lily's favorite toy.
Then, it was a lucky talisman for Jay - and, I'm sure, a sweet reminder
of home. And now it's back with its rightful owner, to her great delight.
Not only does she get her favorite toy back, but now it smells like daddy!

Glad everyone (including the inanimate as well as the living) is back
where they belong!

Joyce
Old November 15th 06, 08:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Awwwwwww.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old November 15th 06, 08:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

How cuuuute!

news:fbd8973683552c297c1cc928602d1584.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...

Old November 15th 06, 08:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 18:06:53 +0000, Helen Miles wrote:

Miss Lily Whiskers is very, very chuffed. You may remember that in July
when I was packing a parcel to send to my brother in Afghanistan, Miss
Lily Whiskers dropped her favourite yellow furry mousie in the box that
was being packed. Every time I took it out, she put it back in, so I
eventually just left it there and sent it to Afghanistan with a note
that said,

"Dear daddy, please bring my yellow mowsie home safely, love Lily".

Well, this evening while cuddling his baby girl, Jay suddenly produced
the yellow mowsie. Apparently, it has been all over Afghanistan in his
pocket, and today Lily got it back. She hasn't stopped playing with it
and she is currently curled up asleep with it. Everywhere she goes,
yellow mowsie goes too.

Lily is happy her dad is home safe, as am I. )

Helen M

That is a great story! MLB

Old November 16th 06, 12:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Enfilade

Helen Miles wrote:
Miss Lily Whiskers is very, very chuffed. You may remember that in July
when I was packing a parcel to send to my brother in Afghanistan, Miss
Lily Whiskers dropped her favourite yellow furry mousie in the box that
was being packed. Every time I took it out, she put it back in, so I
eventually just left it there and sent it to Afghanistan with a note
that said,

"Dear daddy, please bring my yellow mowsie home safely, love Lily".

That story totally belongs in "Smarter than Jack."

--Fil

Old November 16th 06, 01:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Enfilade wrote:

Helen Miles wrote:

Miss Lily Whiskers is very, very chuffed. You may remember that in July
when I was packing a parcel to send to my brother in Afghanistan, Miss
Lily Whiskers dropped her favourite yellow furry mousie in the box that
was being packed. Every time I took it out, she put it back in, so I
eventually just left it there and sent it to Afghanistan with a note
that said,

"Dear daddy, please bring my yellow mowsie home safely, love Lily".

That story totally belongs in "Smarter than Jack."

I was thinking the same thing!! Except I couldn't remember the name of
the collection, so I didn't post. It certainly belongs in some sort of
published animal stories collection.

Joyce