Louis **** remediation - part II

Old May 20th 05, 03:07 AM
Brian Link

Default Louis **** remediation - part II

Bought another diffuser and put it downstairs near the prime spot he's
been marking. Did another big clean-up, though I'm worried that stuff
has seeped down past the flooring into the floorboards. Using an
enzymatic cleaner, but the animalark website suggests a cleaner called
"Force". Perhaps we'll have to buy some of that.

I experimentally moved the cat-carrier away from the closet door he's
been marking (blocking the door with the carrier prevents him from
spraying there). We played crazily this afternoon, for an hour or so,
and he went to sleep. About four hours later he woke up, and ate some
food, brought his mouse to play with, and looked out the front window.

A total of about six hours, and he didn't exhibit any of the
scratching, howling behavior that accompanies a spray attempt.

To be on the safe side, we've replaced the cat carrier for the time
being.

The vet examined Louis and found that not only was he ridiculously
healthy, but that he's gained 3 pounds in the last year - and it's all
lean mass (as we say in bodybuilding). He took a urine sample and
found it completely normal.

My vet also mentioned the point one poster made in the previous
thread, which is that stress can create interstitial nodules which
increase the urge to pee.

So, with the house drenched in cat pheremones, our cats both seem
extremely comfortable, Louis hasn't peed anywhere, and I feel the urge
to lick my hands to clean my hair.

More as it develops.

BLink
Old May 20th 05, 03:14 AM
Cheryl

On Thu 19 May 2005 10:07:31p, Brian Link wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav (news:45hq811gkcltps69rktsds86mvca0ioct5@
4ax.com):

My vet also mentioned the point one poster made in the previous
thread, which is that stress can create interstitial nodules which
increase the urge to pee.

Then I wonder if after all of the behavior modifications, and if
nothing helps, if Elavil would be worth a try? Or
Glucosamine/chondroitin?

--
Cheryl

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited
breath."
- W.C. Fields
Old May 20th 05, 03:17 AM
bigbadbarry

Brian Link wrote:

So, with the house drenched in cat pheremones, our cats both seem
extremely comfortable, Louis hasn't peed anywhere, and I feel the

urge
to lick my hands to clean my hair.

More as it develops.

BLink

How precious is this going to get.

Old May 20th 05, 03:18 AM
bigbadbarry

Brian Link wrote:

More as it develops.

BLink

Just razzin ya man! I read the whole thing, it was a good read.

Old May 20th 05, 04:39 AM
Mary

"bigbadbarry" wrote in message
ups.com...

Heh. Pretty ****ing precious, my friend.

Old May 20th 05, 06:54 AM
Brian Link

On Thu, 19 May 2005 23:39:02 -0400, "Mary" wrote:

"bigbadbarry" wrote in message
oups.com...

Brian Link wrote:

So, with the house drenched in cat pheremones, our cats both seem
extremely comfortable, Louis hasn't peed anywhere, and I feel the

urge
to lick my hands to clean my hair.

More as it develops.

BLink

How precious is this going to get.

Heh. Pretty ****ing precious, my friend.

woops - my bad. I thought this was a forum for people who like cats.

Oh wait! It's Mary the psychopath!

Never mind.

BLink
Old May 20th 05, 06:58 AM
-L.

Brian Link wrote:
snip

So, with the house drenched in cat pheremones, our cats both seem
extremely comfortable, Louis hasn't peed anywhere, and I feel the

urge
to lick my hands to clean my hair.

LOL...that cracked me up!

More as it develops.

BLink

Hope this does the trick. The dang Feliaway diffusers cost an arm and
a leg!

-L.

Old May 20th 05, 04:59 PM
Mary

Brian Link wrote:

So, with the house drenched in cat pheremones, our cats both seem
extremely comfortable, Louis hasn't peed anywhere, and I feel the
urge
to lick my hands to clean my hair.

More as it develops.

BLink

How precious is this going to get.

Heh. Pretty ****ing precious, my friend.

woops - my bad. I thought this was a forum for people who like cats.

Oh wait! It's Mary the psychopath!

Never mind.

I am so glad that you finally figured out that everyone
who disagrees with you is a psychopath. Things will
be much easier for you now.

Old May 20th 05, 06:26 PM
Priscilla H. Ballou

Brian Link wrote:

So, with the house drenched in cat pheremones, our cats both seem
extremely comfortable, Louis hasn't peed anywhere, and I feel the urge
to lick my hands to clean my hair.

When you start hacking up hairballs, you know it's time to dial back on
the Feliway.

Priscilla
Old May 21st 05, 02:18 AM
bigbadbarry

Brian Link wrote:

So, with the house drenched in cat pheremones, our cats both seem
extremely comfortable, Louis hasn't peed anywhere, and I feel the

urge
to lick my hands to clean my hair.

More as it develops.

BLink

How precious is this going to get.

Heh. Pretty ****ing precious, my friend.

I don't know, Im starting to wonder if the guy has lace on his
underwear