New Member

Old February 15th 07, 10:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Paul

Default New Member

Hello Everyone,
First My condolences to the one whos kitty passed away.

I stumbled onto this group while I was looking for pictures, similar
to my newly adopted Persian. I figure shes a tortie/tabie point
Persian/Himalayan,???!!? "say that 5 times" in short, I have no clue
what type or class, but shes a sweetheart and stole our hearts. Her
name was Precious, but after hearing that most of the kitties at the
rescue where named Precious, we knew we had to change the name. After
calling her Precious Girl a couple of times, the tongue slipped and
Pearl is the result,
She was found wandering in a park , nothing but hair and bones, after
a month with us, she's up to a decent weight, eating science diet
prescribed by the vet, and amoxicillin. @ 2 a day for 2 weeks to clear
a congestion problem. (more than likely due to stress, so says the
vet)
We had gone looking for a Gold kitty, which I had wanted all my
life. I'd had family pets as a child, which everyone looked after.
later worked and volunteered at shelters, but never had a cat?!
After answering an add in the paper, and speaking with the founder of
a rescue mission, We soon found ourselves adopting 2 kitties, the
first has become my right arm. "Amber" my gold tabie who follows me
around the house and even puts up with our two shepherd puppies, And
"Pearl", Our Gorgeous Ball of Fluff.
Amber , our Tabie will play with the puppies, till they get too
rough, then Amber bolts up stairs, Pearl , will walk through the
house, and when the Pups get too close , she'll let out a growl that
rattles the windows, making the puppies run down to the basement.
This month has blown me away. we have 2 dogs and 2 cats that
actually get along very well. Pearl is avg. 1 1/2 yrs; Amber 9 months;
and the pups, 3 1/2 months. they touch noses, share the water bowl in
the kitchen ( even though the cats have their own upstairs) and for
the day they decide to ever fall asleep together I have the camera
ready.
I can go on forever about them, They are all as different in
personalities as can be, yet get along.
Salutes to the creator of this forum, and Happy Valentines Day to all,
Sargent,Major,Amber,Pearl,and Paul

Old February 15th 07, 11:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

On 15 Feb, 09:22, "Paul" wrote:
[...]

Condolances already sent to our lost soul Big Al after the loss of
his Precious Nyasha
Same to you & be welcome too...
We look forward to plenty of stories about your slave drivers "o"
S;o)

Old February 15th 07, 12:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

http://www.cats-central.com/cat-bree...eed-guide.html
http://www.cats-central.com/cat-bree...eed-guide.html
http://www.google.com/Top/Recreation...reeds/Persian/
http://www.cfainc.org/breeds/profiles/persian.html

I hope that these links might be of some help to you,
S;o)

Old February 15th 07, 07:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Paul" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello Everyone,
First My condolences to the one whos kitty passed away.

I stumbled onto this group while I was looking for pictures, similar
to my newly adopted Persian. I figure shes a tortie/tabie point
Persian/Himalayan,???!!? "say that 5 times" in short, I have no clue
what type or class, but shes a sweetheart and stole our hearts. Her
name was Precious, but after hearing that most of the kitties at the
rescue where named Precious, we knew we had to change the name. After
calling her Precious Girl a couple of times, the tongue slipped and
Pearl is the result,
[...]
I can go on forever about them, They are all as different in
personalities as can be, yet get along.
Salutes to the creator of this forum, and Happy Valentines Day to all,
Sargent,Major,Amber,Pearl,and Paul

Hi Paul! Welcome home! Your house sounds like a lot of fun. Bless
you for adopting rather than supporting breeders. You can go on
forever any time you want, I love kitty stories. I have two adopted
cats of my own, a tuxedo and a gray tabby.

Have you taken some pictures? If so, maybe you would put them
up on a free site like Yahoo photos, or any number of places,
so we can see your babies. I am adding some pics to mine soon
and will put the link up as soon as I do.

Old February 15th 07, 07:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

On 15 Feb, 09:22, "Paul" wrote:
[...]

I want to see some photos! lots of them! when you say 'shepherd
puppies' do you mean german shepherd as in alsatians, or old english
sheepdogs or what? nice to hear that at leastone of the cats is
putting them in their place anyway.

they all sound gorgeous, bookie