No more Wellness

Old July 28th 05, 09:04 PM
Barb

Default No more Wellness

At last my local pet shop has just about run out of Wellness. The only cans
left are the fish ones either the cats won't eat or I won't buy. The shop
owner says she orders weekly and I know everyone is in the same pickle. So,
if any of you find out that there is a turn-around in this, please post us
all and let us know.

Barb
Of course I don't look busy,
I did it right the first time.

Old July 28th 05, 09:42 PM
Jennifer

Barb wrote:
At last my local pet shop has just about run out of Wellness. The only cans
left are the fish ones either the cats won't eat or I won't buy. The shop
owner says she orders weekly and I know everyone is in the same pickle. So,
if any of you find out that there is a turn-around in this, please post us
all and let us know.

nycpetsupply.com has some flavors left, including chicken and turkey
(also a lot of fish and fish combos).

--
Jennifer

Old July 28th 05, 10:53 PM
---MIKE---

My pet shop has not had any trouble getting Wellness. I would suspect
that your pet shop is not telling you the truth.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44=B0 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old July 29th 05, 12:11 AM
Cheryl

On Thu 28 Jul 2005 04:04:51p, Barb wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
. to.verio.net):

At last my local pet shop has just about run out of Wellness.
The only cans left are the fish ones either the cats won't eat
or I won't buy. The shop owner says she orders weekly and I
know everyone is in the same pickle. So, if any of you find out
that there is a turn-around in this, please post us all and let
us know.

I have 2 full cases, and a few cans of Wellness Turkey because of
the last "shortage". I haven't looked in the last month since I
have enough, but in the past I've noticed that sometimes it's in
stock, sometimes it isn't. I just prepare for when it isn't, and
pick up a whole case when I see it.

--
Cheryl

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited
breath."
- W.C. Fields
Old July 29th 05, 12:12 AM
Janet B

On 28 Jul 2005 23:11:54 GMT, Cheryl ,
clicked their heels and said:

On Thu 28 Jul 2005 04:04:51p, Barb wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
.to.verio.net):

At last my local pet shop has just about run out of Wellness.
The only cans left are the fish ones either the cats won't eat
or I won't buy. The shop owner says she orders weekly and I
know everyone is in the same pickle. So, if any of you find out
that there is a turn-around in this, please post us all and let
us know.

I have 2 full cases, and a few cans of Wellness Turkey because of
the last "shortage". I haven't looked in the last month since I
have enough, but in the past I've noticed that sometimes it's in
stock, sometimes it isn't. I just prepare for when it isn't, and
pick up a whole case when I see it.

weird - i'm not seeing any shortage - is it just my location
(mid-atlantic)?
--
Janet B
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com
Old July 29th 05, 12:59 AM
animzmirot

"Janet B" wrote in message
[...]

No shortage here in Boston either. I get mine at Whole Foods when I do my
regular food shopping. All flavors and for both dogs and cats.

Marjorie

Old July 29th 05, 01:07 AM
Cheryl

On Thu 28 Jul 2005 07:12:48p, Janet B wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
):

I have 2 full cases, and a few cans of Wellness Turkey because of
the last "shortage". I haven't looked in the last month since I
have enough, but in the past I've noticed that sometimes it's in
stock, sometimes it isn't. I just prepare for when it isn't, and
pick up a whole case when I see it.

weird - i'm not seeing any shortage - is it just my location
(mid-atlantic)?

I'm in Maryland too, but I don't know if there's a "shortage". I
know I ran into it in the past when I couldn't get Wellness dry,
and the last time there was a thread here about a shortage of some
of the canned varieties, I didn't see it either. I bought 2 cases
at that time based on past experience. I bought the last case when
I didn't need it yet based on past experience. Hearing about some
shops having trouble getting shipments doesn't suprise me.
Unfortunately, Wellness canned turkey is all that my former feral
Bonnie will eat other than dry food. I can't afford to mess that up
yet, at least until I can get her to branch out WRT her food. She's
a weird cat anyways. LOL But I love her.

Old July 29th 05, 04:27 AM
blkcatgal

I'm in the Midwest and there's been a shortage here. Or at least as of a
month ago when I went to the pet store that sells Wellness they still were
experiencing a shortage. I haven't checked back in the last few
weeks....guess I'll go check to see if there's still a shortage here.

Sue

Old July 29th 05, 06:46 AM
A Visitor via CatKB.com

I stopped feeding my cat Wellness around the time they were having
distribution problems. It was fresh and moist when I started feeding it to my
Oscar two years ago..then it went downhill recently..It became harder to find,
and when I did find it, it was very oily..like sardines!! I'm in New York.

Old July 29th 05, 09:33 PM
Barb

Chicken is one they don't like!!

--