Spoiling My Cat By Doing Nothing

Old January 28th 17, 05:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John Kasupski

Default Spoiling My Cat By Doing Nothing

Back on Halloween 2016, the first post I read upon subscribing to this newsgroup
was posted by Joy, who told us about wanting to strip her bed to wash the sheets
only to find one or both of her cats sleeping on the bed every time she looked
and deciding to wait.

Right now, I know just how she felt. I'd like to run the vacuum cleaner. Minnie
is terrified of the vacuum cleaner - along with anything else that makes loud
noise - and since she's currently sleeping right here next to me in the dining
room on top of her Kitty City, I keep looking at her and deciding not to pull
out the vacuum cleaner until later.

So naturally, she's been sleeping there contentedly for most of the morning, and
shows no signs of being ready to get up and go out to the sun porch where she'd
be away from the noise long enough for me to at least get the dining room done.

If I actually WANTED her to sleep right now, she'd have the zoomies and be
tearing all over the house with one end of her beloved rawhide shoelace in her
mouth and the rest of it trailing merrily along behind her in the not-so-subtle
way she's started using to remind me when it's been too long since the last time
we played together with it. I swear she'd play with me and that shoelace 24/7 if
I'd cooperate. Mind you, there is no snooze button on a 7-month old kitten who
wants you to get up right now and come play with her and her favorite toy, so
it's now almost noon and I've been sitting here for almost four hours wanting to
run the vacuum cleaner. I am spoiling my cat by doing absolutely nothing!

John D. Kasupski
Niagara Falls, NY
(Cats were once worshipped as Gods - and they've never forgotten that.)

Old January 28th 17, 07:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

On 1/28/2017 8:51 AM, John Kasupski wrote:

[...]

LOL! Yes, she has you well trained.
Old January 28th 17, 10:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John Kasupski

On Sat, 28 Jan 2017 10:50:45 -0800, Joy wrote:

[...]

Yup. When she finally did wake up, she went out to the kitchen and got that
rawhide shoelace and brought it in here, jumped up on the back of my chair, and
sat down on my shoulder with it in her mouth. Now it's 4:30 already and the rug
in here STILL hasn't seen the vacuum cleaner!

John D. Kasupski
Niagara Falls, NY
("A cat is a puzzle for which there is no solution". - Hazel Nicholson)

Old January 29th 17, 12:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

On 1/28/2017 1:37 PM, John Kasupski wrote:
[...]

Obviously you have your priorities straight.