Still Worried

Old November 14th 11, 11:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

Default Still Worried

I'm still worried by Archer. He was 16 pounds back in February. While
I was in and out of the hospitals (mostly in), not only did we lose
Sammy, his best buddy, but he also grieved extremely badly for me, not
knowing I would ever come home again. In those months he went down to
about 13 pounds. He gained a little back with lots of pampering and my
hand feeding him. Well, this last time I thought I would be in the
hospital for only 2 weeks, but as it turned out I was in there for 5
weeks. This time Archer, having gone through this before, started
grieving immediately and wouldn't even go upstairs when the cats are fed
twice a day. Now he's down to a little over 11 pounds.

He doesn't appear ill, but you can see the outline of his ribs and he
has almost no belly. I tried giving him the "junk food" that's all we
can afford to feed the outdoor clowder (now up to 5 - we got a grey and
black, long-haired Himalayan-looking neutered tom with gorgeous blue
eyes - we think he's been dumped since he keeps trying to run inside
when Ben opens the door... thank the gawds he was already neutered, we
could NOT afford even a "feral" neutering at the low-cost clinic).

Archer likes that ok and I keep it right here beside me so that our
"Garfield", Ozzy, can't get into it. Then I had Ben buy some Science
Diet dry and he's much more enthusiastic about that. But... and there's
always a but, too much dry food is NOT good for a boy cat. So any other
ideas about how to get Archer beefed up a little (gawds willing it will
be at least a year before I have another long hospital stay)?
--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

Old November 15th 11, 07:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_4_]

Sending lots of purrs for Archer. I hope you don't have any more extended
stays in the hospital.

--
Adrian
Old November 15th 11, 11:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sharon

Maybe he should see the vet. That is a lot of weight loss regardless
of what's going on in his world. Could be thyroid trouble.

On Nov 14, 6:10*pm, CatNipped wrote:
[...]

See all our masters at: *http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", *maintained by Mark Edwards, at:http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

Email: *L(dot)T(dot)Crews(at)comcast(dot)net

Old November 15th 11, 02:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On Nov 14, 6:10 pm, wrote:
[...]

Unfortunately we have to wait for that - we missed paying our last house
note due to unexpected bills and paying off our outrageous electric
bill. I'm trying to see if this will bring his weight up and if it does
(it should) then I can breathe easier and just keep over-feeding him for
a while until he's a healthy weight again.

Old November 15th 11, 08:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

CatNipped wrote:

I'm still worried by Archer. He was 16 pounds back in February. While
I was in and out of the hospitals (mostly in), not only did we lose
Sammy, his best buddy, but he also grieved extremely badly for me, not
knowing I would ever come home again. In those months he went down to
about 13 pounds. He gained a little back with lots of pampering and my
hand feeding him. Well, this last time I thought I would be in the
hospital for only 2 weeks, but as it turned out I was in there for 5
weeks. This time Archer, having gone through this before, started
grieving immediately and wouldn't even go upstairs when the cats are fed
twice a day. Now he's down to a little over 11 pounds.

Take him to the vet! It might be stress (which itself can be problematic
over time), but it could be something more serious. That's a big weight
loss.

He doesn't appear ill

Cats are good at hiding pain and illness. He really should be checked
out.

--
Joyce

Who ever thought up the word "Mammogram"? Every time I hear it, I think
I'm supposed to put my breast in an envelope and send it to someone.
-- Jan King