what do bitties like to eat?

Old August 13th 05, 08:20 PM
Irulan

Default what do bitties like to eat?

My sweet Lily has been turning up her nose at the Whiskas gooshy food I've
been feeding her. She loved it at first, now she mews at me like: please
feed me something else, I don't like this!!!

She won't eat the Iams and the Natural kitty food I got and will only nibble
at the Authority kibble that she's been fed since her time at the shelter.
She will eat but I'd like to see her eat more, after all she's a growing
bittie!!!

What did your kitties like to eat? I'm just a worried mama. ;(

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old August 13th 05, 08:46 PM
Victor Martinez

Irulan wrote:
What did your kitties like to eat? I'm just a worried mama. ;(

Fez and Rufous would only eat KMR 2nd step when we first got them, but
they were really little, about 4 weeks old. They never touched the iams
kitten gooshy food we got them, it had to be donated to the shelter.
They love kibble though and they will eat some of the other cats food.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old August 13th 05, 08:49 PM
Pat

"Irulan" wrote in message
My sweet Lily has been turning up her nose at the Whiskas gooshy food I've
been feeding her. She loved it at first, now she mews at me like: please
feed me something else, I don't like this!!!

She won't eat the Iams and the Natural kitty food I got and will only

nibble
at the Authority kibble that she's been fed since her time at the shelter.
She will eat but I'd like to see her eat more, after all she's a growing
bittie!!!

What did your kitties like to eat? I'm just a worried mama. ;(

They seem to universally love Fancy Feast (and its generic equivalent).

Old August 14th 05, 10:59 PM
Pamela Shirk

"Irulan" wrote in message

What did your kitties like to eat? I'm just a worried mama. ;(

Ours have been pretty relaxed when it came to food. Pine Cone had severe
gas from Iams, so we switched them all over to Hills Science so that he
wouldn't get gas from the rest of the cats' food. Then we switched them
over to Purina Indoors as ours are predominantly indoor cats. I don't know
what to tell you. Good luck and purrs and eating wishes for Lily and you to
work it out.

Pam S.

Old August 14th 05, 11:06 PM

Irulan wrote:
My sweet Lily has been turning up her nose at the Whiskas gooshy food I've
been feeding her. She loved it at first, now she mews at me like: please
feed me something else, I don't like this!!!

She won't eat the Iams and the Natural kitty food I got and will only nibble
at the Authority kibble that she's been fed since her time at the shelter.
She will eat but I'd like to see her eat more, after all she's a growing
bittie!!!

What did your kitties like to eat? I'm just a worried mama. ;(

--

Irulan

Little Lily might turn out to be one of those picky eaters, like my
Bootsie. You just have to shop around and see what she likes. That's
what we do with Boots. We still do and she's grown now. Just don't buy
more than a couple of cans at a time! Boots loves Pro Plan dry. I'd
like her to eat more canned but she won't. Maybe sometimes some of the
fish varieties, she will eat a little. About all cats love Fancy Feast,
but the bad thing is, it's not the best food in the world and if you
ever start them on it, they won't eat anything else. We let Boots have
just about anything she wants though. She's such a tiny little thing, I
bet she doesn't weight much over 7 pounds or so.

Sherry

Old August 15th 05, 01:03 AM
Karen AKA Kajikit

On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 15:20:47 -0400, "Irulan"
wrote:

My sweet Lily has been turning up her nose at the Whiskas gooshy food I've
been feeding her. She loved it at first, now she mews at me like: please
feed me something else, I don't like this!!!

She won't eat the Iams and the Natural kitty food I got and will only nibble
at the Authority kibble that she's been fed since her time at the shelter.
She will eat but I'd like to see her eat more, after all she's a growing
bittie!!!

What did your kitties like to eat? I'm just a worried mama. ;(

What about Science Diet kitten food? They make kibble and gooshy
food... SD kitten kibble was the ONLY thing that Scout and Silver were
willing to eat for the first three or four months we had them.

--
~Karen aka Kajikit
Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life
Old August 15th 05, 05:07 PM
Debra Berry

Almost all cats and kittens seem to love Fancy Feast, although it is not
the best for them. I have had very good luck with ProPlan Kitten
Chicken and Liver flavor. Most of the kittens I have fostered love it,
no matter what their age. I actually think it smells pretty good
myself.
Might give it a try before resorting to Fancy Feast.

Debbie

Old August 15th 05, 11:25 PM
Enfilade

My sweet Lily has been turning up her nose at the Whiskas gooshy food I've
been feeding her. She loved it at first, now she mews at me like: please
feed me something else, I don't like this!!!

Can you get something like Hill's or Medi-Cal? These foods are sold by
the vet. They should have a pediatric diet for kittens.

When we were moving, we couldn't get vet food for the bitties so they
ate iams for those weeks.

--Fil

Old August 26th 05, 03:59 AM
Jo Firey

"Irulan" wrote in message
My sweet Lily has been turning up her nose at the Whiskas gooshy food I've
been feeding her. She loved it at first, now she mews at me like: please
feed me something else, I don't like this!!!

She won't eat the Iams and the Natural kitty food I got and will only
nibble at the Authority kibble that she's been fed since her time at the
shelter. She will eat but I'd like to see her eat more, after all she's a
growing bittie!!!

What did your kitties like to eat? I'm just a worried mama. ;(

I always start our kittens on Nutro dry kitten food. Moistened until they
get old enough to handle dry kibble.

Jo